Respect the fans

The understanding here needs to be that plainly this: The board and Roman never wanted Di Matteo to lead this rejuvenation for this squad. It was a mere obligation for them to hire Di Matteo because of his successes last season, and I think that's something we should've seen in hindsight. It's basically putting it this way, had Avram Grant won the Champions League in 2008 the same thing would've happened.. The sequence would've been identical.

Of course we have the right to be angry, frustrated and disappointed at the complexity of these issues at our club. This club's been through the brink of liquidation to vast wealth that some of us never fathomed. We've been through the heartbreak of Moscow to the jubilation of Munich. From the heartbreak of waving Mourinho away to the joy of the potential of Villas-Boas.

My point is, a lot changes in football. Finances, players, management even ownership.. But the fans must be the ones who unite and stick with the club through all that. The fans still make this club, irrespective of the board's decisions. The fans have a large say on club's dealings (case & point: CPO saga). We have to believe in this club, believe in the owner & believe in ourselves as fans to get us through all this.

Carefree wherever we may be.

:worship:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea buy their talent. That's the way it's always been since Roman has taken over. (And it's been a decade already. We have plenty of evidence of that by now. 10 years, no starters developed.)

And they're looking to change that. They've been looking to do that since they appointed Arnesen and completely revamped the the academy.

We simply haven't had the quality of youngster that we do now, and we'll be looking to bring the talent through but it's tough at any club.

You seem to think that because other teams sack manager's it make's what roman has done ok,

Now, That, is fucking stupid, dont worry about what other teams are doing, worry about what were doing,

and what we just did to RDM was wrong. Simple as.

Also all the teams you've added as example's of sacking managers have done terribly in comparison to their pre-sacking-mulitble- manager's phases. So i dont really see what your trying to argue.

Do i agree with the sacking? no, have i learned from previous occasions (especially the AVB sacking) to learn to trust the owner? yes, were you one of the many stripping Lampard of his legend status when AVB left?

You saying those clubs have done crap compared to us? Ajax and Spurs maybe but Inter sacked Mancini after back to back titles. Schuster, Capelo and Del Bosque were sacked shortly after league successes, CL too in Del Bosque's case.

He may do things we don't agree on but so would i if i was owner and so would you. For example i wanted Sven when Ranieri got the chop, although given i was only 12 at the time i hope i can be forgiven for that piece of naivety.

The fact is Roman is a dedicated owner and not many clubs are that lucky, if you want an owner to moan about, get to Stamford Bridge on Sunday and make a banner asking for Hicks and Gillett.

I wanna add something to the "Roman has no respect for the fans".

Does he have to listen to everything we say to respect us? At the end of the day if he listened to us in 2009 Carlo would never have turned up. Or if he listened to us in 2004 Ranieri would have stayed, meaning Mourinho would have worked his magic elsewhere.

Wow...we didn't every game we should have won??? That's horrible. We should fire every coach who does that!!! (which is every single coach) This is the exact ridiculous expectations fans have. It's so annoying. "He should have made this substitution", "he should have played this formation" like there's some sort of magic formula to winning. Sometimes, it's just the players. Everyone wants to be the manager and because their formations and tactics never actually get tested, they are never wrong...and even when they are implemented and don't work, you can just blame some other aspect of the managing. From January through March 2006, Chelsea drew at home to Charlton, tied Villa and Birmingham City away, lost to Fulham, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, and Newcastle. We dropped points in 7 of our last 16 games. All of them winnable. Was Mourinho over his head? Was he tactically unaware because we dropped points to teams we shouldn't have? We had a far better team, facing much worse competition and we had much less excuse for losing. Mourinho should have been sacked then.

And as for the first part, it's pertinent. You don't need to get a manager who has managed a big club before. You just need a manager who wins. Our only to visits to the CL finals were under Di Matteo and Grant our two least experienced managers. All managers start somewhere and feeling like you need to get a big name is just insecurity.

It's not about losing games as such, any premier league team on their day can beat another. It's about the manner in which we lost. Scrappy wins over MUFC in the league cup, and Shakhtar shouldn't cover up the obvious flaws. Neither should a run of easily winnable fixtures at the start of the season.

And you can talk about the the coaches that have taken this team to UCL finals all you want. I think if anything, this argues in favor of the squad being more important in those cases than the manager at the time. Avram led us to a final, what exactly has he done since and how good a coach was he before? RDM just landed in at a crucial time, and we had a lot of luck. Messi and Robben missing pens against us etc. RDM didn't win the UCL because of his magnificent managerial prowess. Rather, a bunch of players with their last bite at the cherry worked as hard as they could. Of course RDM added something, but he was not the main factor at play here.

You can come out RDMs arse all you want, but we will really see how good he is as his career advances. And don't talk to me about fans complaining about specific tactics, I don't pretend to know better (you will never see me on here posting formations etc). But you don't need to be an armchair know-it-all to know when a manager is capable or not.

I agree it's not about big names, but funny enough, big names are big for a reason. Anybody who thinks RDM is a great coach is fooling themselves. And wanting stability for stability sake is worthless.

I'll end by saying this. I post on another forum that deals with all teams. I can't think of one other fan of another team who was convinced by RDMs UCL results. Everybody outside of Chelsea fans perceived that run to be the players will coupled with luck. Many agreed that RDM deserved the job purely for what he had overseen, but most guessed he wouldn't be up to challenge and would never replicate that success. Here we are having just sacked him, and his run this season has arguably been worse than that of AVBs. Again, most agreed that his sacking was unfair, as most sackings are, but had seen it coming non the less. The only people defending RDM are people who have their emotions invested in this club legends success because of the image it produces. In reality, RDM is a mid table manager (at best) and will remain one.

That's not being unfair. That's just how it is. I'm not in favor of sacking managers every week. My problem is, in reality, RDM really shouldn't have gotten the job in the first place. Much as we all hoped he could continue to succeed. It was never going to happen. RDM is a victim of a board who hire the wrong people, he was sacked because he was the wrong man to begin with.

You can reply if you want, I'm done talking about it now. I will gladly eat crow of Robbie goes on to be a great manager. I just can't see it, and would be more than happy to bet that he will never lead another top team to any real success.

I wanna add something to the "Roman has no respect for the fans".

Does he have to listen to everything we say to respect us? At the end of the day if he listened to us in 2009 Carlo would never have turned up. Or if he listened to us in 2004 Ranieri would have stayed, meaning Mourinho would have worked his magic elsewhere.

he could deign just to speak to us once ...Acknowledge our existence....

Will be fisticuffs or at least heated verbals amongst Chels tomorrow.

Someone will say 'fuck of you fat cunt' to FSW then someone will say 'fuck off support the team' 'Dont tell me to fuck off' etc then it will kick off. Happened with Ranieri, Grant etc.

Shame when theres divisions between the fans :rolleyes:

Will be fisticuffs or at least heated verbals amongst Chels tomorrow.

Someone will say 'fuck of you fat cunt' to FSW then someone will say 'fuck off support the team' 'Dont tell me to fuck off' etc then it will kick off. Happened with Ranieri, Grant etc.

Shame when theres divisions between the fans :rolleyes:

Unheard of !

I've been following CFC home and away since the ''glory'' days of 1976. Loved it, despite some awful teams, crap stadiums and rubbish treatment from police and stewards. We I board the train in Sussex with my mates to head to the game, it's as exciting as when I was a teenager.

That said, after the dreadful way that Di Matteo was treated and then to hire Benetiz I'm ashamed and angry at our club. I shall go to the Nordsjaelland game to protest and that will be my last game this season. The owner and his board of muppet yes-men clearly have no regard or respect for the fans. We are the heart and soul that Roman can't buy!

Ambition to win trophies and/or provide good brand of football is enough respect for me as a fan so i know not what this thread is really about.

Why don't you just protest and forcefully get roman to sell this club to bates who he bought it from so we can higher mid table coaches and by luck win the capital one cup for glory once in every 5 fucking years. I've had enough of this rubbish sentiments that are not in truth for the realistic best interest of the club but for individuals. What if rdm left by mutual consent as mourinho did with inter will we be having this conversation? Roman is really under appreciated.

Agree with the sentiment, and there are quite a few going to abandon their season tickets -but the attending fans are becoming less and less relevant, and will continue to do so -unless the arse falls out of TV revenue and sponsorship.

I wil continue to support -no one -Abramovich, the board, players are bigger than the club. Buck and co. are mere custodians, and cunts as well

Buck and Gourlay are just faceless yes men who simply pander to Roman's whim's. Buck and Kenyon (pre Gourlay) showed themselves up to be what they are with the shameful appointment of Grant.

And that embarrassing site of Kenyon leading the team up to collect their runners up medals in Moscow still rankles with me.

The owner wants us to succeed. The owner helped us win 3 league titles and a Champions League.

The owner has been trying to secure the stability of our club by trying to find us a new home. The owner is trying to secure the services of possibly the most highly-coveted manager in world football right now.

Yes the fans are the heart of this club, and the true ones will still be there because nothing important has really changed. I went through this when Gullit was sacked, when Mourinho was sacked and now when Di Matteo has been sacked.

This club's history hasn't changed. If you want to take Roman's decision as a personal slight then I hope this little protest makes you feel better. But he's doing it for the right reasons, and I can't be that angry with him for that.

"little protest"? I wonder, Could you try to be a little more condescending please? :wank2:

Buck and Gourlay are just faceless yes men who simply pander to Roman's whim's. Buck and Kenyon (pre Gourlay) showed themselves up to be what they are with the shameful appointment of Grant.

And that embarrassing site of Kenyon leading the team up to collect their runners up medals in Moscow still rankles with me.

Hmm... They are employee's he's the Boss - I doubt they exactly 'pander' - I would imagine they either get over-ruled or at least influence the decision...

As far as a board goes - our's are pretty astute - we've made a profit, got some great sponsorship and extra revenue deals in place - it's certainly better post Kenyon (who I never liked @ CFC + UTD)...

I wouldn't be too harsh on the board, compared to some other clubs - we're not that bad...

I genuinely think that Roman's made a change away from buying big-named established players. He's a businessman, not a democratic leader, and the shift towards young talent is the beginning of that. Our academy program is still relatively young, and hasn't had a chance to bring out good players yet--keeping in mind that outside of barcelona, most good academy's would probably produce one player who's worthy of starting in the BPL top 4. You might point to his big money on players even now, but they're young players. He want's something for the future. He spent huge cash on that for this season, but it's a different mentality over-all than the days of shevchenko. Torres won't be the last massive signing Chelsea makes, but he's the last of a purchase to that sort of extreme. The new thing is to balance young players with expensive stars (proven ones like falcao or cavani or lewandowski). Hopefully in 2-3 years we'll be able to produce those young stars, but there's nothing wrong with buying them. Liverpool bought Torres when they were still competitive and Dortmund bought Lewandowski.