Chelsea Vs Arsenal

BlueLion.

Always good to smash the Arse but sad to see the 50/50 fan split now. This is a result of a shit appointment. Some were singing ''Grant Out''- and ''Jose'', some telling them to shut it.

I don't think there is much of a split! I think pretty much every fan wants him out! The problem with the "you don't know what your doing" chants and the "Jose" chants is that minutes later it turned around and we won and it makes us looks like idiots and spoilt....

It's fine at the end of a game when it has gone tits up like Barnsley or Spuds, but i think most people would have looked at those subs and thought it was the right thing to do at the time....

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is much of a split! I think pretty much every fan wants him out! The problem with the "you don't know what your doing" chants and the "Jose" chants is that minutes later it turned around and we won and it makes us looks like idiots and spoilt....

It's fine at the end of a game when it has gone tits up like Barnsley or Spuds, but i think most people would have looked at those subs and thought it was the right thing to do at the time....

Hes become aware of the reaction to his ridiculous subs previous as he stumbles about, and has become careful to do the obvious now.

Theres quite a few that dont want the Grant Out chants and Jose song. Grant was thrown a lifeline with that win -had Drogs been ruled offside there would be real calls for his blood today.

As far as the title goes it's Man Utds to lose, and it's effectively six points to overhaul, but its not over yet

Guest Lampards Bitch

I just believe its the lads, well JT as captain , leading themselves. Look at Grant ffs, he isnt expactly inspirering is he!!!!

fucking hell, steve mcclaren could guide that Chelsea team to a championship challenge every year. In fact, even i could. Sometimes the subs work, sometimes they dont. On sunday, they worked but the subs were pretty much common sense.

Guest Lampards Bitch

I'm sticking to my guns on the Maka sub. Ok in the end it worked because we were more attacking. But when he came off there was this gap left that Maka controlled and I could see Arsenal scoring. Not very optimistic I know. But I werent feeling optimistic in the 1st place!!!

I can see both sides of the argument about maka going off but i spose when your 1-0 down, you should just go for it. We still have players who can attack and defend so essien there or maka shouldnt change much.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Maka is the best player for that 'role'. No disrespect for Essien because he is quality. If we lost I am sure some would of said Maka shouldnt of came off lol the Look on Maka's face was great though when he saw his number lol It was like " what me? Off??!!!"

Hes best for the role yeah but in that situation, specially what essien done to arse last season, hit the bar too late on, we needed goals from absolutely everywhere. The defensive role wasnt needed like it usually is. Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Kalou, Joe Cole, drogba can all score. at 1-0 down, you need as many players capable of scoring as poss. Sometimes the fear of conceding a 2nd is forgotten. Shit or Bust.

Maka is the best player for that 'role'. No disrespect for Essien because he is quality. If we lost I am sure some would of said Maka shouldnt of came off lol the Look on Maka's face was great though when he saw his number lol It was like " what me? Off??!!!"

I know!!Always look the quiet type lol but he looked so peed off.Prob was lol

OK...The Subs WERE ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!!....

Bring the Power of Essien in the midfield. Start playing long balls to Drogba by bringing Belleti's crosses. Ive watched Belletii alll season and hes crosses have won us some important goals.

Also, when you are 1-0 with 20 mins left, ITS AN ABSOLUTE SIN to keep a Defensive midfielder on. I mean,, WTF do you want to defend , instead take tht player out and bring on an attacking sub.

Spot on Changes.!! Hope He learns from this and doesnt bloew up the next time.!!!

Same..I hope he sticks with same team etc

Tehehe went to my nans yesterday awww my uncles GFs an Arsenal supporter.So much stick.And trying to get my cousins one and a half year old to say 'come on Chelsea..' he'll learn the ways.Aint got much choice

Guest Lampards Bitch
OK...The Subs WERE ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!!....

Bring the Power of Essien in the midfield. Start playing long balls to Drogba by bringing Belleti's crosses. Ive watched Belletii alll season and hes crosses have won us some important goals.

Also, when you are 1-0 with 20 mins left, ITS AN ABSOLUTE SIN to keep a Defensive midfielder on. I mean,, WTF do you want to defend , instead take tht player out and bring on an attacking sub.

Spot on Changes.!! Hope He learns from this and doesnt bloew up the next time.!!!

i'm not saying all the subs were wrong. Just personally didnt like the idea of Maka being off. Belletti should of played from the start.

They worked this time.

i'm not saying all the subs were wrong. Just personally didnt like the idea of Maka being off. Belletti should of played from the start.

They worked this time.

Substitutions are such that, if they worked, they make the Manager look like a Master Tactician.IF they dont, they make him look like a Clueless Donkey in the middle of a busy street!!.

I remeber Jose once said in an interview that, He is extremely lucky that his Substituition(removing the RB for an attacking player and asking Essien to play the RB role) always worked.

I honestly think this is poised to be a draw or an Arsenal win.

Arsenal have been in a drawing mood off late but current form would be discarded for this game.

Possible outcomes:

Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal

Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal

I know that I've noted quite a few options, but I see the actual game panning one of the above results.

oops drogba messed up your predictions

Drogba really does like a strike partner, it takes the burden of goals off him and he plays

agianst 1 defender not 2.

Usually he has both CBs marking him when he is playing alone up front, but with Anelka he gets more space. Its easy to see.