Victor Wanyama

BlueLyon

This youngster is at 1,88 truly a beast at Celtic and is already showing consistent and mature play at age 21. Plays as CM/DM and also CB/RB.

Similar to Yaya Toure, using his strenght, speed and ball control. Celtic rates him at 25mio pounds, quite steep but is a very wanted player and had great match vs Barca last week.

Since we need this kind of player next summer, what do you think?

Personaly, he didnt show enough to be worth that price, but surely is a boss in midfield. And since we lack of height in midfield, he would pair Mikel, Romeu or whoever great. But I would rather have Romulo (to bad he is injured until march 2013 :( ) or Vidal for that price or even lower.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Celtic fan (well kind of, being Scottish naturally supported them first but as SPL died in quality over recent years not as big a follower now) as well as a Chelsea one I've seen Wanyama play and he is an absolute gem. Celtic paid 900k for this kid and hes worth at least 12 times that now after good tutelage from Neil Lennon helping him steadily become one of the best talents in Britain. I think Lennon rating him at 25 million is a bit much but still I'd say hes worth 10-12 million because hes still 21 and has a long long way to go but still has a whole load of talent.

Hes got everything. Strength, versatility, power, high passing rates, great shooting (see video of goal vs Hearts and Dundee), threat in the air, good at tackling, extremely brave, scores goals and for a big man can shift a bit too despite not naturally being pacey. Perhaps his distribution of the ball usually goes sideways or backwards but he can provide a killer pass as well (as he showed against Rangers last season where he outmuscled a player and threaded a beatiful pass for Samaras that was intercepted well by Kyle Bartley).

Perhaps he should be given another season/season and a half at Celtic as working with Neil Lennon has helped him progress something crazy like most of the players he has signed since taking over. Plus hes getting vital experience in the CL with Celtic too. He was impressive vs Barca, showed great discipline along with Kayal, Ledley, Brown etc. Hes been compared to the Bison too, or he was when he first signed for Celtic.

Goal vs Hearts:

Goal vs Dundee:

Video of him in general, clip of that pass for Samaras (0:35s in) and him being brave and going to go in wit his head in a challenge with a Rennes player (1:13s in).

Allready was good when he played at Beerschot, don't know how his progression went, cause don't follow Scottish football..

He looks a bit better now, scores a few more goals than what he did in Belgium. General play has probably improved.

The Essien comparisons are understandable, but Essien was more developed and playing in an appreciably better league at Wanyama's age. I think Wanyama needs to face much sterner competition on a more regular basis before we can consider him anywhere near being Chelsea quality. He's certainly got some possibilities though.

The Essien comparisons are understandable, but Essien was more developed and playing in an appreciably better league at Wanyama's age. I think Wanyama needs to face much sterner competition on a more regular basis before we can consider him anywhere near being Chelsea quality. He's certainly got some possibilities though.

Exactly, comparisons to the Bison are understandable..but they are unfair to Wanyama. Essien was a special midfielder, it's a shame about his injuries.

He's playing not bad against rank rotten pish every week. He's never near popcorn teeth's valuation. Old ploy from Celtic - value somebody at a ridiculous price and take a club's hand off when they offer you a cheeky quarter of that. Scottish football is on its deathbed. Wait a year and if we want him we'll get him for sweetie money but I wouldn't go on his performance up here - it's shite from top to bottom - I would look good

• 7 months later...

@ESPNUK: Victor Wanyama is a big guy and Arsenal have big interest in the Celtic (midfielder). This could be big #afc http://t.co/lDtdqm7Lg0

He is staying or off to arsenal. He is a huge talent and could help our midfield but it seems to late too bad but I am not to sad...

Makes sense for Arsenal...Wenger tried to develop Diaby into a dominant midfielder..but due to injuries, his development stalled.

Now, Wenger finally gets a strong midfielder...something he's wanted for the past 3 years.

As for Chelsea...not sure if we need Wanyama.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You