FC Nordsjaelland 0-4 Chelsea

Jase

132 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

We have great passers in the team. You have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Torres, etc. How many more great passers do you need?

Rambo's offense, which is surging runs and picking the pockets of opposing players and then striding forward is far more valuable than anything Lampard can provide, since we have players that can do everything he does already. Yes, Ramires is a terrible passer, there were several times yesterday where he could have played a through ball right on goal, but at least hes in position to create something. He covers ground far quicker than Lampard, and he provides the opportunity for instant offense.

You need a great passer from central midfield for the 4-2-3-1. It's essential to the set-up. Chelsea are either going to move Oscar back to that position or are going to have to buy someone who fits that role long-term. Having a poor passer in that spot breaks up the offense as you can't link play between the defenders and the attacks properly.

@Bluesmaster-thought the ref had a poor game throughout. Not biased in any way, just way too quick with his whistle. The game was pretty clean. If I think about the game, I think there were maybe 5-7 fouls by either team and then you look at the stats and see 27 total fouls which is just ridiculous.I think sometimes refs feel like they need to make a mark on the game when really, they're at their best when you don't even notice them.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bluesmaster-thought the ref had a poor game throughout. Not biased in any way, just way too quick with his whistle. The game was pretty clean. If I think about the game, I think there were maybe 5-7 fouls by either team and then you look at the stats and see 27 total fouls which is just ridiculous.I think sometimes refs feel like they need to make a mark on the game when really, they're at their best when you don't even notice them.

I thought he did alright in the first half. Nothing really went wrong. It's only in the second half where he began to act like a pussy. Never really play advantage and there was even an incident where he blew the whistle because one of the Nordsjaelland player's boot came off and we were in possession then!

After last night i get the feeling Torres can't score routine goals...

The goal against Newcastle and Arse were both great , but when he seems to be through on goal 1 on 1 he seems to fluff it , maybe a composure issue ?

but anyway its about the team and it seems like the team didn’t think they needed a second goal until the 80th Minute. We rode our luck a lot but pleased with the result and the 3 points that matters.

Slightly off topic this...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8136042/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore admits Chelsea are his favourite club and he has always dreamed of playing for the Stamford Bridge outfit.

Chelsea won 4-0 win against Danish champions Nordsjaelland in the UEFA Champions League in Copenhagen.

The Danish side did hold their own for the first 75 minutes and especially young international defender Okore showed why he is so highly rated.

And if all goes to plan, Okore, who did a great job minimising the threat of Fernando Torres, will feature again when Chelsea host Nordsjaelland in their return group game.

"I was not fazed by their stature. When the game is on, I only see humans like you and me," Okore told Sky Sports.

"Of course they are a great team, which they showed, but I was just focusing on my assignments and, to be fair, I think I did pretty well.

"Hopefully I proved I have what it takes to play in a competition like the Premier League, which is one of the best leagues in the world. So hopefully I can play in England someday.

"Chelsea are my favourite team and I would love to play for them in the future. Every player dreams of playing for Chelsea and I am no exception."

Have to say the referee - Marijo Strahonja - was absolutely terrible in the second half yesterday. Almost every challenges we made on the Nordsjaelland's players, he immediately blew his whistle for a foul. Must have received phone calls from Platini at HT. Some of the decisions were just shocking and they hardly looked like a foul. Take the Mata's first goal and the Moses that was ruled out for instance. Torres brushed off that player and got the ball in the buildup for Mata's goal. Strahonja didn't see it as a foul. And then for the Moses one, he went toe-to-toe with Okore(IIRC) and then he suddenly fell onto the ground when Moses barely even touched him and the referee deemed that as a foul and his goal was ruled out. Utterly pathetic!!

No, he's just inexperienced at the highest level. Croatian league is shit, you cannot just walk into CL and feel comfortable coming from that league. I feel sorry for him, but there is enough time to learn. Thank God it didn't affect the result and our win.

No, he's just inexperienced at the highest level. Croatian league is shit, you cannot just walk into CL and feel comfortable coming from that league. I feel sorry for him, but there is enough time to learn. Thank God it didn't affect the result and our win.

That is probably a factor but it's not rocket science to know you have to be consistent and not being so fussy with the decisions.

That is probably a factor but it's not rocket science to know you have to be consistent and not being so fussy with the decisions.
Damir Skomina is from Slovenia (our league is even worse than Croatian) and is regarded as best referee in Europe. He and Cuneyt Cakır are favorites for CL Final this year.

Damir Skomina is from Slovenia (our league is even worse than Croatian) and is regarded as best referee in Europe. He and Cuneyt Cakır are favorites for CL Final this year.

I thought Pedro Proenca was regarded as the best

Not a fantastic performance but to come away with a 4-0 victory at the end of the night... I feel more than satisfied. I have to salute RDM for his team selections this week against both Arsenal and Nordsjaelland. Gutsy, brave and wise tactical decisions have paid off and isn't very refreshing not to have read any ridiculous stories being made up in the papers about our dressing room being at war or Lampard and Terry's disappointment at not being selected for first team action. The respect our players have for RDM is quite evident to the untrained eye and I pray to the Gods in Blue that we can carry on with this current winning form.

I think Lampard had a very good game! Loved his assist to Mata.

Beside that - I think it´s sad that every time Torres has to much time to think before finishing, he almost always misses. Other than that I think he played very well, and you really can´t complain to much when you think about his involvement in three of the goals.

About the match in general: I thought that Nordsjælland did well to keep possession - especially in the first half, but it was probably because we gave them too much space and schould´ve pressed the man on the ball much harder. They did´nt create any chances other than the one Petr Cech saved in the 73th minute.

0-4 wasn´t a deserved result, but a win was by no discussion very deserved.

After last night i get the feeling Torres can't score routine goals...

The goal against Newcastle and Arse were both great , but when he seems to be through on goal 1 on 1 he seems to fluff it , maybe a composure issue ?

but anyway its about the team and it seems like the team didn’t think they needed a second goal until the 80th Minute. We rode our luck a lot but pleased with the result and the 3 points that matters.

I think he takes more touches than he needs to, you see the 2 against Newcastle and Arsenal were pretty much 1 touch goals, but against Nords he took way too many touches when through on goal this allowed their defence to close him down, he just needs to power the gun and shoot sometimes.