Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

nah. robbie will be too concerned about juve swamping the midfield but expect mata in for bertrand to add that bit of spark we missed at loftus road

Yeah thats the same as what everyone expects... Would be completely shocked if it wasn't:

Mikel Lampard

Ramires Mata Hazard

Torres

Which is a bit unfortunate, but mata being fresh, and him linking up with hazard should give us a bit more potency in attack. It'll be a good game, which hopefully we will win...

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not expecting much tonight, Italian team after all, can't see it being a goal fest although I'm slightly worried about Terry up against Vucinic, exactly the type of striker Terry doesn't do well against.

Hoping for Ramires to sit on the bench tonight I really am.

Would like to see some pace to our team tonight to really get at their defence

Please let Lampard realise he is expected to play in a defensive minded role, PLEASE.

For me personally I would like to see us play a 4-3-2-1 formation. This will give us enough cover in terms of them playing a 3-5-2.

----------------Torres------------------

------------------------------------------

----------Mata------Hazard-----------

-------------------------------------------

-----Lampard--Mikel--Ramires-----

-------------------------------------------

I personally think this would give enough freedom to Mata (if not fit replace with Oscar) and Hazard to do there thing and try and feed through Torres, and will also give enough cover to deal with there 5 midfielders. If Ash or Ivan push up we will have cover in terms or Lamps, Mikel or Rambo if they counter. If not in this game I think we should at least try it, or go back to a normal 4-3-3 in which the players can play very well as we have seen before.

This is exactly who I'd field. I think it is solid defensively since our middle three will mark their's and Iva ana Cole can stop Leichtenstiener and Asamoah. While on the attck, Hazard and Mata can take full advantage of the gap between Juve's defense and midfield. I really think this would give us a huge advantage, though I don't think Robbie will drop the 4-2-3-1.

Juves unbeaten run starts tonight.

Don't you mean ends? :P

This is exactly who I'd field. I think it is solid defensively since our middle three will mark their's and Iva ana Cole can stop Leichtenstiener and Asamoah. While on the attck, Hazard and Mata can take full advantage of the gap between Juve's defense and midfield. I really think this would give us a huge advantage, though I don't think Robbie will drop the 4-2-3-1.

Yep, that's why I put that down. I really think we should be playing this every week.

Very detailed response! Explain why haha :lol:

Obviously things would be changed up.

Well I think it's a bit more defensive then say a 4-3-3 or even a 4-2-3-1. It makes us even more narrow as well and the likes of Marin and Moses will struggle to get a game in that formation.