Victor Moses

Superblue

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Conte is again likely to be without Victor Moses for the visit of Manchester City as the wing back did not train on Monday because of a toe injury.

slap.gif Sadness!

I hope we try Dave cause Pedro as Moses stand in flunked out! But as Dave was prob our set defender thats a gamble. But think we should take it. Might even be a time for JT at RCB

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

slap.gif Sadness!

I hope we try Dave cause Pedro as Moses stand in flunked out! But as Dave was prob our set defender thats a gamble. But think we should take it. Might even be a time for JT at RCB

JT at RCB? surely you're joking. He would get absolutely destroyed by pace down the wings. I thought pedro did a decent job and against a team like city it might help to have a speedy skill player out wide. We would not have to worry about crosses as they are even smaller in attack than we are. 

Azpi Luiz Cahill

Pedro Kante Matic Alonso

Willian Costa Hazard

That is my prediction ^

Cant see Pedro being chabed tho myself  but we will need some CM creativity if we are getting the ball upfield. And with Matic playing crap

Eden - Diego - Willian
Alonso - Cesc - N'Golo - Pedro
Cahill - David - Dave

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Cant see Pedro being chabed tho myself  but we will need some CM creativity if we are getting the ball upfield. And with Matic playing crap

Eden - Diego - Willian
Alonso - Cesc - N'Golo - Pedro
Cahill - David - Dave

Perhaps but i just remember the first match of Alonso being isolated and tormented down that side without Matic. I think Conte will go compact with matic and willian then bring Cesc on at 65' as super sub to hit them when they are tired. 

4 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Perhaps but i just remember the first match of Alonso being isolated and tormented down that side without Matic. I think Conte will go compact with matic and willian then bring Cesc on at 65' as super sub to hit them when they are tired. 

I'm more worried whether Conte will put RLC on for Matic but I see your reasoning.

I hope we have some business already sorted for summer.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

slap.gif Sadness!

Yeah I'd deffo go with Dave , give Zouma the call for rcb , battle of the tatics can't see this being 0-0 4sure! Hope we get a terrific night at the bridge...turn it up!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I'm more worried whether Conte will put RLC on for Matic but I see your reasoning.

I hope we have some business already sorted for summer.

Ffs Kennedy and Alonso on the left looked ideal imho

Ake/Cahill at RCB with Azpi as wing-back?

LWB - Alonso  LCB - Cahill  CB - Luiz  RCB - Ake  RWB - Azpi

Not sure the City game is a good time to experiment though, sort of wish Antonio tried out Ake in the Palace game instead...

Very good game from him, his pace and power was missed against palace and city. 

Interesting how much impact he has for the team. 

I wonder if this exact 11 makes us play so well, it certainly feels so that as soon one player is not there, we dont have that same confidence. There is just the right amount of balance of speed, pace, hardwork, skill, power. Each player covers eachother weaknesses. Thats what Conte did absolutely amazing. If our right side has no Moses, we lack power and speed there. On left, without Alonso we lack height and his composure. Kante realy performs best along Matic in our standard 3:4:3. 

If you replace Alonso or Moses with someone even more gifted, but not as physical, I wonder if our system still gives that same balance, because it could have quite an impact on rest of squad.

On paper Alaba or Sanchez or Dijk certainly look better than our current options, but they are entirely different players and maybe the system Conte built might not work properly then. Its clear that Conte puts alot of work into perfecting the team as whole, that is also why we are performing so brilliantly even with perhaps not such great squad. 

Its entirely possible that if you replace one part of 11, the remaining 10 will not function as good.

Moses and Alonso are absolute workhorses and it gives other players great foundation. Bringing more skilled players, but with less work input, it could destabilize the squad

Thankfuly we will have whole summer to adjust and its crucial to get the business done soon. 

I have to admit I missed him when he was out, but I still believe he is a ultra limited player. Yes, in the current state of things with Azpi playing as a CB, Moses is the best man for that position, but as @OhForAGreavsie said in another topic, sometimes its not the player that is crucial. but his role. 3-6-1 system relies heavily on the quality of your wing backs. Moses is actually by a country mile the most limited player of the starting XI. He is not Champions League material.

Who would have thought at the start of the season we'd be saying "My god, we missed Victor Moses today". He has been a sensation this season and should be on the club's player of the year shortlist, without a doubt. 

His fitness level and overall stamina are excellent. He's made for that position. His peak performances as RWB and bombing forward up and down are something this formation desperately requires. I really don't know if he needs replacement but he obviously needs competition to bring the best out of him and provide cover. I don't think we need to invest 30m+ for this position as we have few great youth players like Dujon Sterling for example but will they push him seriously? That's doubtful. Decisions decisions. 

Most-improved player in the Premier League this season. No comparison. What a player. IMO, he should have had the MOTM award. Don't remember him being beaten in a 1v1 even once yesterday, though I may be mistaken. An absolute menace going forward as well.