Oscar

themightyblue

good news :D

If that's 'good news' then I don't know what good news is, hes been one of the most disappointing players we've signed in the last few years that has actually held down a regular spot in my eyes. A number 10 who hasn't been particularly very creative or consistent, if that's good news then... I'm not completely sure. I'm not saying I wouldn't keep him but if it was a good offer for quite a limited player then I'd take it and invest in someone else definitely, there are better 10s out there and even then we don't need to play with a 10 if we go to a 4-3-3.

If that's 'good news' then I don't know what good news is, hes been one of the most disappointing players we've signed in the last few years that has actually held down a regular spot in my eyes. A number 10 who hasn't been particularly very creative or consistent, if that's good news then... I'm not completely sure. I'm not saying I wouldn't keep him but if it was a good offer for quite a limited player then I'd take it and invest in someone else definitely, there are better 10s out there and even then we don't need to play with a 10 if we go to a 4-3-3.

Firmio and coutinho showed their worth this copa america.

We should sign them

Firmio and coutinho showed their worth this copa america.

We should sign them

this has nothing to do with Oscar having a disappointing year last year. He shouldnt be our clear first choice #10 next year.

i see people are still on coutinho and firmino. oscar does not play for liverpool. liverpool barely came 6th, chelsea were the champions and need to continue on that path.

on the other hand, who can possibly be replaced in our current starting 11 considering we buy a RW (reus) or a CM (pogba)?

cesc? willian? hazard? matic? oscar is way below on our priority list when compared to the rest of our 4 midfielders.

i love arsenal. juve just lost pirlo, would probably lose pogba and arsenal think that they can get a player of vidal's ability for 21mil pounds. whats better is that arsenal fans are already gung ho about the PL "coming to emirates" after the signing of 2 WC players : cech and vidal.

We want our players to be the best or at least be amongst the best and it's quite tragic when you see people do this.

Oscar - compare with average players like Coutinho (and now Firmino...) and use them as some sort of benchmark to say Oscar is great when he's not.

Hazard - compare with the best players in the world like Messi and Ronaldo and use them as a point of reference to say Hazard can get even better even though he's already one of the best.

Difference.

The bar has been set low for Oscar because deep down people know the truth.

You guys make great points and personally I've been quite critical of Oscar in the past.

The thing with him is he produces these moments of absolute magic (especially near the beginning of the season), where you think he is truly one of the most talent players in the world - with incredible potential like that cup game against Stoke last year, what happened right after that though......

That's basically the only thing that's keeping him here, it's just such a shame cos you are almost dying to see him produce those moments of magic again, but they are so sporadic we almost forget about them.

He's had the 'overworked' thing in favour of him, unfortunately next year he won't have that excuse with him anymore, thus I guess next year is a real 'make or break' for him in terms of his Chelsea career.

I'm genuinely clinging onto the hope that the only thing that has held him back all these years is how he's been ridiculously overworked, he's just one of those wonderful footballers you really love and don't want to see leave the club.....

a squad needs to improve every season. it needs to get better. normally the answer has been to throw money at the problem. we are using a different approach this season. seems our starting 11 is going to be exactly the same for next season as well. where can we see this improvement for next season?

hazard, matic, costa, JT,azpi, thibo - had an awesome season, would be hard to top it.

cesc,iva,willian - a good season. but definite scope of improvement.

GC,oscar - very average season. a massive scope of improvement (maybe we can put willian in the second category).

GC - i would not hold my breath. he had a good second half of the season when we played deep. playing a high line and as an aggressive CB is not his game.

willian - like GC, he had a brilliant second half. outside of hazard, he was probably one of our best players in 2015. looked like a 32mil player. but still, his limitations are evident. not a goal scorer.

cesc - 20 odd assists seem awesome but his jekyl and hyde performances were still there. consistency and a lot of improvement in big games.

iva - evident for all to see. yet jose wont drop him. i dont expect a "better" season.

lastly, OSCAR - he needs to be the difference. he needs to be like a new signing. the pressure will definitely be on him. he has nothing to hide behind now. needs to put in performances according to his "world class" potential. of what i have seen off oscar so far, nothing says that he will be standing upto the expectations from him for the next season. for me, its a mistake by jose. lets hope i am wrong and jose is right, about oscar. lets hope he does have the "hazard-like" renaissance next season. otherwise, we ll be in some trouble.

theres more to come from oscar mate

We want our players to be the best or at least be amongst the best and it's quite tragic when you see people do this.

Oscar - compare with average players like Coutinho (and now Firmino...) and use them as some sort of benchmark to say Oscar is great when he's not.

Hazard - compare with the best players in the world like Messi and Ronaldo and use them as a point of reference to say Hazard can get even better even though he's already one of the best.

Difference.

Only players that are in the "best or top" individually are Hazard and Thibo and Matic.

theres more to come from oscar mate

People have been saying that since after his first season. If there was more to come from him then we'd have already seen it surely. I don't think he has performed better than his game vs Juventus... in 3 seasons....