Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2859608,00.html

Chelsea Football Club has completed the signing of Thorgan Hazard from FC Lens.

At 19 years of age, Thorgan is two years younger than his brother Eden, who joined Chelsea from Lille this summer, but is of similar height and build and plays a similar range of attacking positions.

Thorgan too has been learning his trade at a club in northern France, having moved to Lens as a 14-year-old. He graduated into the senior squad for the 2011/12 season and made his debut as a substitute in the first league match of the season, going on to make 14 league appearances in total.

A Belgian youth international, he represented his nation at Under-16, Under-17, Under-18 and Under-19 level and played at the 2011 European Under-19 Championship.

Both of Thorgan and Eden's parents were footballers, and Thorgan in his early years was at the same club as his brother - Tubize in Belgium.

He will now join our Under-21 squad, managed by Dermot Drummy, to continue his pre-season training and a loan move is being considered to continue his development.

Should they both play for the Chelsea first team, the Hazards will join a list of previous Chelsea brothers - Ray and Graham Wilkins, Ron and Allan Harris, John and Peter Sillett and Chris and William Ferguson.

The club can also confirm deals have been completed for three young players to go on loan for the season - attacking midfielder/forward Ulises Davila to Spanish second division team Sabadell and striker Milan Lakovic and goalkeeper Matej Delac to Guimaraes in the Portuguese top flight.

Looks like he's gonna go out on loan..

Why not, his brother has looked the best player on the pitch when he has been on it, even if its been in 2 pre season games. If he can become as good as that then why not. Get him early for cheaper.. Could be great down the line. Definately should be loaned out though. Won't get a chance this season.

Wow, it's amazing that we're getting all these Belgian players.. are the club going to change the badge any time soon, I suggest this...

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

Welcome to Chelsea Thorgan Hazard! Good we can have some brotherly love at the club now! :D

Wow, it's amazing that we're getting all these Belgian players.. are the club going to change the badge any time soon, I suggest this...

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

Welcome to Chelsea Thorgan Hazard! Good we can have some brotherly love at the club now! :D

or brotherly enviousness... :ph34r:

If he doesn't cut here, its nothing major, if he does its a bargain.

^^ This. He will come in under the radar for little money and go out on loan. Having the chance in the future to train with his brother and better players in general could bring out the best in him. My understanding is his skillset is very similar to his brother's, he has just never had the same application to being able to unlock that potential. Hopefully joining a bigger club will bring that out of him, who knows?!

It would be great though if in 4-5 years time after Eden has ripped up Premier League defences and helped us win a stack of trophies, Real Madrid come in with a £100m offer to take him, and his brother replaces him and becomes just as successful :rolleyes: One can only wonder!

Real Madrid can come in with a 200 million pound offer if they like, we won't accept unless we don't want Hazard. People are forgetting that we're not Man United or Arsenal or Tottenham- we choose when our players go and a big fat fuck you to all the big clubs (i.e. Barca/Madrid) who think they can buy who they want.

I've decided I like him because his first name sounds made up, reminds me of the names in Game of Thrones. Anyone know if his middle name is Giant's Bane?

I'm almost certain his name is made up. Search 'Thorgan' in any search engine and he is the top result. Not too mention there isn't a Wiki page about the name 'Thorgan'.

Though, I can't shake the ominous feeling that I went to school with a 'Thorgan'.