Daniel Sturridge

the wes

“I said some things when I first signed for Chelsea that made people ask, ‘who does this kid think he is ?’. I was just a young guy who had left Manchester City for compensation only. I’d never done anything in football or started regularly in anyone’s first team. In my mind, I knew where I wanted to go and I thought I was just confident. Now I realise I came across as arrogant as the things I said were a bit ludicrous. But anyone who meets me knows I’m not like that and people are starting to recognise that.” - Daniel Sturridge

I was disappointed in Danny today. He really tried but things just couldn't happen for him. It's sad that he played better then BOTH Drogba and Torres in the last 7-8 months yet he still can't start as a striker so he's forced to do an Anelka...

He's young and he can improve, but at the moment I am not too optimistic about him as a right winger and I think it is one of the positions we should look to improve in the following transfer period.

I was disappointed in Danny today. He really tried but things just couldn't happen for him. It's sad that he played better then BOTH Drogba and Torres in the last 7-8 months yet he still can't start as a striker so he's forced to do an Anelka...

He's young and he can improve, but at the moment I am not too optimistic about him as a right winger and I think it is one of the positions we should look to improve in the following transfer period.

He's not a winger.. That's the problem.

It's not position, you could play him as a ss and the problem would be the same.

He has done well, and he played decent today. Yeah he can play better, but things going to take time when he is making a transition into a winger. Just like our high line defense, it is just going to take time. I have no doubt on both end things going to improve.

His decision making was really poor today. Lots of mistakes in that department + missed chances, but that comes with experience. You have to support younger players in moments like this because they need confidence and experience. Sturridge will improve. :blue scalf:

The only thing that frustrates me is the fact he is extremely one-footed and uses his right leg only for running. :doh:

He's not a winger.. That's the problem.

When you have understood that, you have understood everything. He is not a winger, and I can't see him become good there. And I think we are agree on the matter. And I hope the managment team will soon realize this fact, and replace him in the center of the attack as soon as possible, because I fear the same phenomenon that happened to Ivanovic happens to him, i.e. that he won't look comfortable anymore in this spot.

Really idiotic to sya he has no future on the basis of one poor game which the whole team dissapointed, except for certain individuals. He is our second top goalscorer from the right wing, in case you forget. And he is still getting used to being played there.