Daniel Sturridge

the wes

What difference does that make when basically 50% of your posts are Torres bashing (the other 50% are Sturridge wanking)?

It's cute that you're pulling some old quotes of me out of your personal diary and all but why accuse me for prefering one of our players over your beloved liverpool striker? And why are you trying to make it out like I'm a Torres fanboy? Obviously I'm not happy with his contribution like most fans, but unlike them I choose not to rip him off at any given opportunity.

When Sturridge was around you rated Torres higher than him, so obviously you lack footballing knowledge - Franco Di Santo is on a similar level to Fernando Torres. You are a fanboy or you think I forgot your old Torres avatar, changing it and now saying you are unhappy with his contribution doesn't change the fact that you are one of the worse Torres FC posters on this forum. You wanted to punch a 23 year old Chelsea player in the face, in his second season at the club for taking too many shoots and "ruining" our attacks. That's the type of fanboy you are.

Calling people keeping tabs on Sturridge Liverpool supporters and expecting high fives, you should expect a high five in the face if this is how you act in your regular life.

When Sturridge was around you rated Torres higher than him, so obviously you lack footballing knowledge - Franco Di Santo is on a similar level to Fernando Torres. You are a fanboy or you think I forgot your old Torres avatar, changing it and now saying you are unhappy with his contribution doesn't change the fact that you are one of the worse Torres FC posters on this forum. You wanted to punch a 23 year old Chelsea player in the face, in his second season at the club for taking too many shoots and "ruining" our attacks. That's the type of fanboy you are.

Calling people keeping tabs on Sturridge Liverpool supporters and expecting high fives, you should expect a high five in the face if this is how you act in your regular life.

What has Sturridge done in a Chelsea shirt except scoring a couple of goals in the early months of the 2011/12 season? Absolutely nothing and he was wasteful and pathetic to the point it was cringeworthy to watch him play. I'll never be sorry that we sold him as it was obvious he wasn't going to work out well for us.

Yeah, I had a Torres avatar - sue me for trying to support our striker that everyone criticized. Is that any worse than being obsessed with our ex player (who now plays for a club most of us despise) and basically most of your pathetic posts give the message "We were such idiots to sell Sturridge". You seem more interested in him than the club you claim you support. Why blame me for calling you a liverpool fan then?

What has Sturridge done in a Chelsea shirt except scoring a couple of goals in the early months of the 2011/12 season? Absolutely nothing and he was wasteful and pathetic to the point it was cringeworthy to watch him play. I'll never be sorry that we sold him as it was obvious he wasn't going to work out well for us.

Yeah, I had a Torres avatar - sue me for trying to support our striker that everyone criticized. Is that any worse than being obsessed with our ex player (who now plays for a club most of us despise) and basically most of your pathetic posts give the message "We were such idiots to sell Sturridge". You seem more interested in him than the club you claim you support. Why blame me for calling you a liverpool fan then?

He was our top scorer in the League in the season he played regularly and had the most goals from open play - playing out of position as a 22 year old.

Please find me a 22 year old striker in an Elite Club(Real; Barca; United; Juve; Milan; Inter; Bayern; PSG) who is the top scorer in the League for them.

Go back to supporting the biggest flop in English football who has held the club back for 2 and half years and made us loan/sell young talents like Sturridge and Lukaku who could be leading our attack for ther next decade. A flop who can't even score double digits in the League despite having some of the best assist makers in Europe Behind him.

You seem to be the one that keeps mentioning Liverpool FC, I'm talking about a player who was not given a fare chance at CFC and was booed by idiots like you who want to punch Chelsea FC players in the face while defending the imposter.

He was our top scorer in the League in the season he played regularly and had the most goals from open play - playing out of position as a 22 year old.

Please find me a 22 year old striker in an Elite Club(Real; Barca; United; Juve; Milan; Inter; Bayern; PSG) who is the top scorer in the League for them.

Go back to supporting the biggest flop in English football who has held the club back for 2 and half years and made us loan/sell young talents like Sturridge and Lukaku who could be leading our attack for ther next decade. A flop who can't even score double digits in the League despite having some of the best assist makers in Europe Behind him.

You seem to be the one that keeps mentioning Liverpool FC, I'm talking about a player who was not given a fare chance at CFC and was booed by idiots like you who want to punch Chelsea FC players in the face while defending the imposter.

Oh, cry me a river. He's gone now and I am tired of morons like you who think they know how to handle a football club better than our management. You keep bringing on what I posted last year, which I did while I was annoyed of his poor performance and although I openly dislike Sturridge, I didn't really mean that. However, your obsessive behavior makes you deserving of that punch in the face right now.

Oh, cry me a river. He's gone now and I am tired of morons like you who think they know how to handle a football club better than our management. You keep bringing on what I posted last year, which I did while I was annoyed of his poor performance and although I openly dislike Sturridge, I didn't really mean that. However, your obsessive behavior makes you deserving of that punch in the face right now.

Insulting messages will not be tolerated! You have been warned!

You have yourself mixed up, obsessive behavior is visiting a thread for a player who is no longer at the club, who you never liked and insulting forum members. Calling forum members scousers/morons because they are impressed by a striker who has managed 13 goals and 5 assists in 17 matches in the EPL and has the best goals per minute ratio in the EPL since the start of 2013. While at CFC we lack that type of striker in that vain of form and a player who we could have easily kept if he was given more of a chance in his prefered position in his time at the club.

I will not stand being called a Liverpool supporter by you or any other member of the Torres FC - posters who place the biggest flop in English football ahead of the club needs.

It's not a matter of opinion, Sturridge has been one of the best strikers in the EPL for 2013, this cannot be debated - it's a matter of opinion whether he would be able to replicate this at CFC but that can also be said for any other striker whether it's Rooney/Falcao/Cavani/Zlatan/Eto'o etc

Lampard was top scorer in the league for us that season...

People like myself who don't particularly think Sturridge is that good don't go around supporting Torres saying hes amazing etc etc, we just don't think Sturridge in particular is the player we need to lead our attack. I'm not saying Torres is but still.

It's not a matter of opinion, Sturridge has been one of the best strikers in the EPL for 2013, this cannot be debated - it's a matter of opinion whether he would be able to replicate this at CFC but that can also be said for any other striker whether it's Rooney/Falcao/Cavani/Zlatan/Eto'o etc

What has Sturridge done that Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Zlatan or Eto'o have?

Sure he won the Champions League here (not featuring much after the group stages and that Napoli game) and the FA cup but players like Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Eto'o and Zlatan have won a shitload of titles domestically and in Europe. Players like Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Eto'o and Zlatan have also scored a shit load of goals where ever they have gone, they have established themselves where as Danny is still in the process of doing that.

There is more chance of a well known goal scorer like Zlatan, Rooney, Falcao, Cavani coming to Chelsea leading the line scoring 20-30 goals as opposed to a 22 year old English man who had a good half a season loan spell at Bolton, a decent half a season at Chelsea and a good 15 games at Liverpool.

Lampard was top scorer in the league for us that season...

People like myself who don't particularly think Sturridge is that good don't go around supporting Torres saying hes amazing etc etc, we just don't think Sturridge in particular is the player we need to lead our attack. I'm not saying Torres is but still.

What has Sturridge done that Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Zlatan or Eto'o have?

Sure he won the Champions League here (not featuring much after the group stages and that Napoli game) and the FA cup but players like Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Eto'o and Zlatan have won a shitload of titles domestically and in Europe. Players like Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Eto'o and Zlatan have also scored a shit load of goals where ever they have gone, they have established themselves where as Danny is still in the process of doing that.

There is more chance of a well known goal scorer like Zlatan, Rooney, Falcao, Cavani coming to Chelsea leading the line scoring 20-30 goals as opposed to a 22 year old English man who had a good half a season loan spell at Bolton, a decent half a season at Chelsea and a good 15 games at Liverpool.

1) Lampard and Sturridge had 11 goals each (http://www.worldfootball.net/goalgetter/eng-premier-league-2011-2012/)

2) Until we have a striker that scores regularly we cannot be picky, Torres is awful and Ba isn't much better; who knows how Eto'o would do. Beggars can't be choosers as they say

3) Do tell me what Falcao and Cavani were doing at Sturridge's age?

- Falcao had just arrived in Europe from River Plate

- Cavani was playing for Palermo(which is about Boltons level in Italy)

What had Torres won at club level before joining us - I'd tell you but you'd probably laugh, so counting trophies for young strikers is a pretty moot point if they are playing at smaller club. Welbeck's club wins lots of trophies does that make him a better striker than Sturridge - hell no.

4) Nothing is certain, as much as we can hope that a big striker comes and scores 20-30 goals there is as much guarantee for a striker like Lukaku/Sturridge doing the same. The difference is that when you sign a high profile striker you play him till he find form whether it's Torres/Berbatov/Andy Carroll when you spend a lot of money it guarantees the player more chances - than it's a matter of the striker in question finding form.

That's quite harsh. Rarely seen Torres not showing a good attitude. Despite all the stick he's getting from home and away fans he's been a tremendous professional.

What you mean the Torres that walked down the tunnel after being subbed off? The Torres that still had a face like a slapped ass when we scored the goals when we beat Southampton 5-1? The same Torres that sulked to the media a day after we won the CL? The same Torres that came out and said he didn't care about results? The same Torres who often sulks and hides when he doesn't get a pass or slips over?

Torres having a good attitude is the biggest myth around.

I did say rarely . If it was Sturridge who was facing such a crisis we would have seen a completely different person. But that will remain a conspiracy until it actually happens so I won't dwell on it. As far as I'm concerned he's a tremendous professional despite the odd few incidents .

1) Lampard and Sturridge had 11 goals each (http://www.worldfootball.net/goalgetter/eng-premier-league-2011-2012/)

2) Until we have a striker that scores regularly we cannot be picky, Torres is awful and Ba isn't much better; who knows how Eto'o would do. Beggars can't be choosers as they say

3) Do tell me what Falcao and Cavani were doing at Sturridge's age?

- Falcao had just arrived in Europe from River Plate

- Cavani was playing for Palermo(which is about Boltons level in Italy)

What had Torres won at club level before joining us - I'd tell you but you'd probably laugh, so counting trophies for young strikers is a pretty moot point if they are playing at smaller club. Welbeck's club wins lots of trophies does that make him a better striker than Sturridge - hell no.

4) Nothing is certain, as much as we can hope that a big striker comes and scores 20-30 goals there is as much guarantee for a striker like Lukaku/Sturridge doing the same. The difference is that when you sign a high profile striker you play him till he find form whether it's Torres/Berbatov/Andy Carroll when you spend a lot of money it guarantees the player more chances - than it's a matter of the striker in question finding form.

I'd say Demba is 10 times the player Torres is

I'd say Demba is 10 times the player Torres is

OFF-TOPIC: I'm sorry, but this kind of statement is getting old and is just wrong. The current Demba-Ba is nothing like that...Even last season, Torres' performance at the start of the 2012 season was better than Ba's performance at the end of it..he even finished it better than he did, even if Rafa did give Torres more game time. And as far as this season goes, I would start Torres over Ba easily. Mourniho would also do the same.

OFF-TOPIC: I'm sorry, but this kind of statement is getting old and is just wrong. The current Demba-Ba is nothing like that...Even last season, Torres' performance at the start of the 2012 season was better than Ba's performance at the end of it..he even finished it better than he did, even if Rafa did give Torres more game time. And as far as this season goes, I would start Torres over Ba easily. Mourniho would also do the same.

No I'll tell you what's wrong, When Lindsay Lohan doesn't even put in a performance to match the Championship standards.

Daniel Sturridge needs to play to become the best striker in the Premiership - it has nothing to do with attitude.

He wasn't playing at CFC because a player who sulks and is invisible with a horrible attitude was playing ahead of him.

No matter what attitude Daniel had it would not have changed the fact that, we was send out on loan; made to play out on the wing and spend a full year watching Torres from the side lines. He could have had the attitude of Joey Barton it would not have made a difference, he did all he could to get one of our managers to have some faith and play him centrally but they all wasted their precious time in the club trying to excavate the Titanic. His attitude was not questioned at Bolton and it was not questioned at Liverpool, it was only questioned at CFC where he was not playing regularly and had to watch the biggest flop in English football play ahead of him.

I tottaly agree with this. It drove me bonkers wathing Torres being played ahead of Studge with the attitude he first brought with him to Chels. I see what you was getting at now. Make no mistake thought Sturride had a stinking attitude here when he didn't get his way and it showed by the way he played. That is why Torres was being played ahead of him becauee of the price tag. If Sturridge had kept his head down and just played wing effectively then maybe he would still be here and playing as the main striker now Jose is in charge!