Player Wages

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be setting a cap on player wages. If anything have a team payroll cap and implement a luxury tax, where if you go over the cap by 10M you have to pay the same amount to the rest of the teams as a luxury tax. So if you plan on going over the cap by 10M, you have to reserve another 10M as luxury tax and distribute it evenly to the rest of the teams in the league. This will still allow some teams to go over the cap, but at a heavy price.

I would still like to know how much Hazard will get?

Is there a website that tells you about contract and wages detail?

Don't think there is a website that reveals players' wages detail. As much as the media are always reporting it when transfers are made or new contracts are signed, they are after all still a personal information of a person.

It might sound stupid basing assumptions on a game but I've always based my understanding of player wages on Football Manager. Their attention to detail is excellent to the point where some clubs use the game as part of their initial scouting of players (true!), therefore I would confidently think they are pretty close.

On that basis -

Terry and Torres - £175k (I think Terry has clause in his contract to match highest earner at club, hence why his was upgraded when Torres joined)

Lampard - £150k

A Cole - £120k

Drogba - £100k

Cech - £90k (although has just signed new contract)

Mata - £60k

I'm interested to see what FM gives as Hazard's wages next season. I think it will be about £110k pw. The £200k seems so far fetched!

It might sound stupid basing assumptions on a game but I've always based my understanding of player wages on Football Manager. Their attention to detail is excellent to the point where some clubs use the game as part of their initial scouting of players (true!), therefore I would confidently think they are pretty close.

On that basis -

Terry and Torres - £175k (I think Terry has clause in his contract to match highest earner at club, hence why his was upgraded when Torres joined)

Lampard - £150k

A Cole - £120k

Drogba - £100k

Cech - £90k (although has just signed new contract)

Mata - £60k

I'm interested to see what FM gives as Hazard's wages next season. I think it will be about £110k pw. The £200k seems so far fetched!

Yep. --» http://www.eurogamer...anager-database

Amazing how detailed the game is, especially the scouting. I remember how Vincent Kompany became a world class centre back in football manager 2006 or 2007, long before many football fans knew his name.

Should be like the NHL imo. Salary cap for teams should be set at around 70-100mill (maybe more due to the size of the teams) per season per team, depending on what the leagues revenue is.

That would change the game something chronic though.

I think the Prem should cap wages at 50,000 a week.

If that happens we'll just get widespread rorting of the system, through under the table payments and non-monetary gifts. Honest owners, if any exist, (and lets face it, Roman is far from that) will be massively disadvantaged.

It happened in rugby league in Australia, which seems to be far better administrated (NRL fans may correct me here) than football in terms of governing body corruption.

Can't be setting a cap on player wages. If anything have a team payroll cap and implement a luxury tax, where if you go over the cap by 10M you have to pay the same amount to the rest of the teams as a luxury tax. So if you plan on going over the cap by 10M, you have to reserve another 10M as luxury tax and distribute it evenly to the rest of the teams in the league. This will still allow some teams to go over the cap, but at a heavy price.

I read a snippet about this the other day in one of our local newspapers in an article regarding luxury tax. The system you describe here is in implemented in one of the American sports leagues, isn't it?

Doesn't Terry have that "highest paid player" clause or something? I'm pretty sure Torres and Terry are on the same wages.

Not too sure about that. superblue mentioned the same thing as you in the above post.

Not too sure about that. superblue mentioned the same thing as you in the above post.

Yeah and i'm pretty sure it's what held up new contract negotiations when city were courting him.

I love terry but there's no way we should have caved into that. Roy keane got the same at united years ago and it caused a big problem when he started on the wane and united needed to pay younger more important players better wages.

Yeah and i'm pretty sure it's what held up new contract negotiations when city were courting him.

I love terry but there's no way we should have caved into that. Roy keane got the same at united years ago and it caused a big problem when he started on the wane and united needed to pay younger more important players better wages.

Really? Don't remember anything about that. Thought he has been on the same wage pay as Lampard.

Really? Don't remember anything about that. Thought he has been on the same wage pay as Lampard.

My understanding is that lampard is on £150k pw while terry was on £130k. Terry's contract got upgraded to £160k but he wanted the highest earner clause which chelsea weren't prepared to give him but they agreed to in the end because city would have paid him the earth.

So when torres joined on circa £175k terry joined him. Thats one of the reasons i find it hard to believe hazard is on £200k pw