Eden Hazard

the wes

I'm not going to pay much attention to these rumours linking players with City - on top of Nasri, Johnson, Milner and their countless attackers their purportedly chasing the likes of Lavezzi, Neymar and Hazard? I’m sure they could accommodate him in some way but there comes a time when a squad is too saturated. Besides Hazard does seem like a clever player, he says all the right stuff and looks to be a consummate professional. Money doesn't drive him - many players would be coy on joining Arsenal with the trophy drought they’re experiencing today, but he sees beyond it and still maintains some yearning to play for them. I think with AVB's attacking philosophy, the money we can offer Lille and the void he can fill - we do stand a chance. Remember our pursuit has been described as the "closest".I'm just hoping Madrid don't pursue him just yet because with Zidane (his idol) and his open love for Madrid it'd be bordering the impossible to say no to Zizou knocking on your front door and asking you to play for Madrid.

Have we actually been seriously linked with him at any point? I mean has his agent said anything? I'm not really following this section that closely anymore as it takes very little to get a story going

He has a number of quiet stalkers I believe. Media dust is really not needed now when his price is high as hell already. I am pretty sure there's a fat file on him standing on AVB's desk right now :P

For all the money Abramovich has put in Chelsea, we've never really had a fantasy player on par with a Zidane or Kaka. Only player that I can think of that came close was Robben (and now Mata, to a certain extent). If we can put in 50 million quid for Torres, I'm sure we can pay the 40 million or so for Hazard. He's still young, with bags of potential. A Hazard or Gotze (or both!) please. But Chelsea being Chelsea, they'll probably buya Rodwell for a grossly inflated price. Our track record has proven that...SWP...Duff...Torres (am a big fan, but he's clearly lost something in the last two years...).

For all the money Abramovich has put in Chelsea, we've never really had a fantasy player on par with a Zidane or Kaka.

Isn't that a testament to the team Mourinho built? Instead of individuals, we got players who would make the team world-class not themselves. That's why we differ from City, they got the players world-class, established big names. We bought names that were coming up, chased by some, and bought them to fit the team.

Isn't that a testament to the team Mourinho built? Instead of individuals, we got players who would make the team world-class not themselves. That's why we differ from City, they got the players world-class, established big names. We bought names that were coming up, chased by some, and bought them to fit the team.

Those are the kind of players that bring you European succes though. They don't do it on their own but are the main men. We really need some magic, Mata can be that player but he needs better, mostly right types, support.