Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Read in a news before stating that Schurrle is a player that Emenalo has admired and like for some time now. Unless the club have spoken with Mourinho or whoever about this transfer and they agree with it, this will just be another signing by the board which our next manager have to try figuring out on how fix and complete the jigsaw puzzle.

Probably. But if we are to believe the vast majority of reports that Mourinho is pretty much a done deal. It wouldn't be too far a stretch to belive he has had some input. Even if very minimal.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we get rid of Sturridge, then buy a player that plays exactly like him, just for more money?

Sounds like Chelsea type of business.

I'm not complaining so much about the deal, since hes a fantastic player, but so was Sturridge, and we've essentially replaced him with himself.

Yeah he was wanted last season... But we didn't get him. He is a great young talent. With Mourinho in line to coming back it isn't too far of a stretch to think, he is in mind for pursuing this type of transfer.

And Why he would want to come back... Because he loves London and chelsea fc. We love him. He would have a great young squad filled with lots of talented players, and a large spending budget. He has already said he wants to come back to England. Man Utd isn't really available. Man city is unlikely. That leaves us.

Why wouldn't he want to come back.

Again I said he left because the club wanted to buy their own players.

The club getting schurrle is a clear indication of that.

So it's the same thing since he left, nothing has changed.

Then that's the question if he left because of that then why return?

Unless with what you said it answers it. He has had a change of heart and will let the club continue to do it's own thing?

Good player. I'm glad we'll get him (probably). But I just wish we dont sell KDB...

Game vs ManU showed that we really could use a player like KDB. With him, we could rotate one of Oscar, Hazard, mata without having too much of a downgrade. On the other hand, I doubt KDB could do with as many games as Moses got this season. When he joined us, Moses knew, he would probably never explore his whole potential and will be a bit-part player his entire Chelsea career, with maybe one season as regular starter such as Malouda. KDB is an immense talent, and surely will expect to become a great player. he won't become that at chelsea. At least not in a 4-2-3-1.

It's a little bit different with andre Schürrle. he fits better in our system, is already a bit more accomplished than KDB and he will be ok with the amount of playing time he will get. He has been a killer joker, scoring a goal almost every sub-appearance. He does not need any minimum of time to fit in. I think that pretty much plays a role in case we decide to swap KDB for Schürrle. IMO KDB has greater talent, but Schürrle is by far the safer bet.

Look at this way, he is on the bench, we look to make a sub he comes on for Oscar/Hazard/Mata other than Yossi Benayoun.

Now that's the difference, not only miles apart in ability and what they can offer but all of a sudden our options look really good and the Mata, Hazard's and Oscar's can be allowed to rest when needed but at the same time replaced by quality.