Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two completely different type of players, so why not just get both while we're at it? We could do with De Bruyne in midfield but recalling him wouldn't rule out getting Schürrle who would offer us much needed depth and quality on the wings and a good option up front as well. Leverkusen seem to value him a bit too highly for my liking though and there are better options out there.

The discussion is KDB(loan)+20m for Schurrle, since that is the rumor that will entice Leverkusen to make a deal. That is why i look at it as a tradeoff. If i had to pick who i want here next season between the two it would be KDB.

Completely different players? not imo, sure style wise they are different players. If i had to compare Schurrle to a player most here would be familiar with, that player would be former Chelsea Sturridge. But Sturridge is more natural at St while Schurrle more suited out wide but their style is extremely similar when Sturridge played out wide. KDB is an attacking midfielder similar to our attacking trio at the club.

Sure style wise they are different, but their role is essentially the same. Since either player would most likely be playing at LAM,CAM,or RAM in our current formation.

Why not both? Sure the more the merrier. I tend to think Schurrle is good fit in the EPL and good fit to the squad.

All I read about Schurrle are positive reports.

He as a striker is known for his high work rate, stamina & versatility.

Has an eye for goals which could help Chelsea next year, I believe.

However, him coming over it could result in less games for Oscar or Moses, I feel.

Will Chelsea lose De Bruyne in the process too ?

I am not sure here. De Bruyne already signed. In conclusion, it would be a bad move to let DB go, I feel.

http://www.oneworldsports.com/chelsea-boosts-attacking-options-pending-schurrle-capture/

Written by Raphael Honigstein

Few interesting things

'Last August, his club had come close to agreeing on an offer from Blues for Schürrle as well, Völler revealed, but a lack of suitable replacements had put a stop to the transfer. “This year,” he said, “we will see if there are alternatives.” In soccer terms, this is code for “we’ll do it.” ONE World Sports understands that both clubs have agreed in principle to do the deal for a fee just north of €20 million ($26M). Leverkusen does not want to announce the deal before it can secure the capture of one or two targets. Gladbach’s Patrick Herrmann is reportedly on the hit list, and so too is Chelsea’s Kevin De Bruyne, who currently plays for Werder Bremen on loan. Initially, Bayer had proposed a swap deal (De Bruyne plus cash) but the Londoners are only prepared to send the Belgian forward out on loan. Leverkusen will not have an option to buy either. Last week, De Bruyne was still to formally agree to this move — that’s another reason why the Schürrle deal has not been completed.'

'Following his break-through season with Thomas Tuchel’s Mainz in 2010/11, when he finished the season with 15 goals – the highest tally for a 20-year-old in the Bundesliga since Jürgen Klinsmann burst on the scene for VfB Stuttgart in the mid-80s'

'Where will he play? It will be possible to field him as deep-lying, roving striker behind a more orthodox No. 9. But he’ll probably be of more immediate use as a second genuine wide player, to relieve the over-reliance of Eden Hazard. His signing also holds out the intriguing option to return Chelsea to their “traditional,” Mourinho-devised system of a 4-3-3, with Schürrle and Hazard as classic wingers and Juan Mata operating in more central role behind them. He’s certainly a big upgrade from compatriot Marko Marin, whom Chelsea wanted to send on loan to Russia not long ago, and Victor Moses, who isn’t nearly as fast or dangerous in front of goal.'

'Lastly, Schürrle’s formative years at high-pressing, non-stop-running Mainz make him exactly the kind of hard-working, defensively-minded player that every coach — and especially Mourinho— covets. And the fact that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has been directly involved in his signing shouldn’t hurt his prospects either.'

Okay with the deal if :

2. Hazard and Mata continue to be focal points.

??? They will be focal points unless Schürrle will come so good to replace them, which is improbable cos he is a different player type. Either way we win.

Btw. strong rumours in germany that Andre Schürrle is gay. Just for info as its such a big taboo in football.

http://www.oneworldsports.com/chelsea-boosts-attacking-options-pending-schurrle-capture/

Written by Raphael Honigstein

Few interesting things

'Last August, his club had come close to agreeing on an offer from Blues for Schürrle as well, Völler revealed, but a lack of suitable replacements had put a stop to the transfer. “This year,” he said, “we will see if there are alternatives.” In soccer terms, this is code for “we’ll do it.” ONE World Sports understands that both clubs have agreed in principle to do the deal for a fee just north of €20 million ($26M). Leverkusen does not want to announce the deal before it can secure the capture of one or two targets. Gladbach’s Patrick Herrmann is reportedly on the hit list, and so too is Chelsea’s Kevin De Bruyne, who currently plays for Werder Bremen on loan. Initially, Bayer had proposed a swap deal (De Bruyne plus cash) but the Londoners are only prepared to send the Belgian forward out on loan. Leverkusen will not have an option to buy either. Last week, De Bruyne was still to formally agree to this move — that’s another reason why the Schürrle deal has not been completed.'

This is encouraging.