Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

We already have power,work rate and direct player in moses.What we lack is a player like KDB who can cover either wing,play as an attacking midfielder and also as a cm and has an awesome range of short and long passing.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotze plays in the hole with lewandowski upfront reus on the left and kuba on the right.

I know but that has nothing to do with what I was saying. Reus drifts into the centre constantly during matches and has 5 starts with 2 goals in the centre compared to Schurrle's two starts and no goals.

Why are we trying to buy players without a manager? If we get Mourinho he would want full control, not the board loaning out one of our most promising players for another season.

Maybe Jose is texting again...

He would be great addition in attack, could serve as striker or winger, add some goal threat and long shot he has is superb. But he is not strong enough to comfortably deal with defenders on wing. A winger must have either skill to dribble or some strenght to push through. Schurle has neither of that.

For price of 15 mio plus Marin would be very good, but he is priced at 25mio and that is overrated much.

Besides his progress has stalled since 2 years ago, he just hasnt added much to his play realy.

Personally, I am doubt-found here.

If the reports are correct, Schurrle for 12m fee with our talented Kevin joining the Bundesliga side as part of the deal.

Are Chelsea for real here ?

To pay 12m for Andre & Kevin included, some fucking serious thinking must be applied here. Kevin alone should be close to 10m, I feel.

To offer KDB in this kind of deal is just insane. The Belgian is the better player and deserves a chance to play for Chelsea. Predetermining his future without even seeing him play in a blue shirt is just stupid.

If the club or future manager really wants Schurrle then 15m+Marin would be the better deal.

Raphael Honigstein, a reliable German Premier League journalist tweeted it will be 20m€ for Schürrle + Kevin de Bruyne as a season long loan without buying option. Sounds like nice business to me, even though 20m is a little too much for Schürrle. he is fine, but not class yet. He has a bit of acceleration but no real speed just like Hazard. The good thing about him is his versatility. he probably is an inside forward most of all, but can also play second striker and right wing and if necessary certainly an option as lone striker. He is similar to sturridge, but more intelligent&mature, good attitude, better decisions probably not as talented and pacy.

I feel de Bruyne needs another year to be ready for us, he has been rather inconsistent for Werder even though prolific, but we do not need a no.10 or an offensive no 8 like him here right now. When we want to continue with that bloody 4-2-3-1 he should rather be converted into a DLP, for which he has not the experience yet. As a no.10 he will never make it here anyway

There is no way we will ever get rid of Marin. His injuries have hurt him more than expected and he has yet to find his form. It has always been a gamble bu he was not overly expensive so let's wait. Considering we will probably not be able to sell him, he will have 4 more years to prove himself. His best is yet to come. In his first season in the BuLi he was the best young player and had better dribbling stats than Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben. he cost the same as Yossi Benayoun, who actually is a joke but so much younger more talented and can still come good

I think we are being way too negative.

If we ignore the KdB thing, which obviously Schurrle has no say in, we will be getting a very good player.

He may not be as good as Mata/Hazard clearly, but just because our board are stupid enough to loan KdB, doesn't mean that Schurrle is a bad player in the slightest.

€20m for Schurrle isn't too bad tbh. We could do with another direct player on the flanks. If this is true I expect us to definitely get in another midfielder or two as KDB won't be coming back till next season and perhaps we'll be giving Lampard another year too. I think it's ultimately down to the coach though.

I like Schurrle, but he's played almost exclusively as a left-sided forward this season. (He can also slot in behind the striker). He's not a true winger who will deliver 2, 3 crosses into the box a game. He's more like Hazard. I just don't particularly see the need to add another player to cover the same ground we have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, (and De Bruyne) for. How many attacking midfielders do we need? If we were to get another attacking midfielder, I'd much rather it be someone who was a natural winger who would offer something different and allow the manager to play different style. I'd much rather get a manager in and then let him make a couple of signings that fit with his philosophy.