Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Err, no. Not necessarily. We have quite a number of talented players, be it from the academy or those bought ones, and yet we continue looking to buy and are somewhat overstock with similar players.

We don't see them every day, how they act in training, how they connect with team-mates. We only see handful of moments on the pitch/behind the scene videos. Not everyone titled "talented" by English media is an automatic future star and starter for Chelsea. Of course we'll coup them in more than we need. If they're good we'll integrate them into our squad, if they're average we will sell for profit. Football is a business - welcome.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of them are capable of stepping in right away to the first team? How many players do other (top) clubs have on loan?

Lukaku > Torres

KDB > Benayoun

Piazon > Marin

Chalobah > Mikel

Courtois < Cech (but can get the job done)

Dont tell me we did a good job on going into our busiest season without a proper squad depth!

Kevin is extremely versatile. He can play anywhere in midfield. We need quality squad depth.

He also deserves to be recalled. What message does it give to KDB if he's to be loaned out again while we buy a player from his league who performed worse than he did?

Who the fucks cares about messages.

We are Chelsea.

Unless it's Bayern Munich calling for him, there is no other team in the Bundesliga we should be scared of losing him to.

He knows he is young, and if he wants a future at Chelsea he will need to wait....like a certain Mr. Ryan Bertrand.

I personally can't see why we've 'signed' this guy. The positions behind the striker are quite over loaded as it is and I'd much rather see some young players given chance - KDB, piazon, Marin is still a youngster, and even some of our under 21s.

He looks a decent player but quite one dimensional. I'm sure he'd do a good job for us but it's frustrating seeing these players we don't necessarily need block the chance for our talented youth, as per usual.

Plus Frank has signed for another year, so KDB out on loan for one season doesn't make it so much an issue. Plus I think we will but another midfielder this summer, so once Frank's year is coming to an end we can slowly edge in KDB.

Err, no. Not necessarily. We have quite a number of talented players, be it from the academy or those bought ones, and yet we continue looking to buy and are somewhat overstock with similar players.

Hate to break this to you, but we are not the only ones doing it. Plus very few from this 'mega talent pool' we have garnered will make it at the top level. People were crying over Bruma, Raijkovic, Mancienne when we constantly loaned them out and in the end we were right not to give them a chance. I'm confident that all the belgian boys will make it here, but I'm not really sure about anyone else.

Right, because we didnt go into a season strikeless, with 3 CAMs and no RW, Mikel as our first option DM and all our depth loaned! :)

We went into the season with two strikers: Sturridge and Torres. We ended with two strikers: Torres and Ba. Our right wing was, is and will be Eden Hazard, sounds familiar? Pivot being shy in numbers - has to do with Mikel's, Lampard's, Ramires' form and the season ending injury for Romeu. Can't predict that.

Plus Frank has signed for another year, so KDB out on loan for one season doesn't make it so much an issue. Plus I think we will but another midfielder this summer, so once Frank's year is coming to an end we can slowly edge in KDB.

The problem is not the loan of KDB, the problem is that Schurrle is not what we need (specially for 20mi euros)...

Lukaku > Torres

KDB > Benayoun

Piazon > Marin

Chalobah > Mikel

Dont tell me we did a good job on going into our busiest season without a proper squad depth!

Lukaku isn't better than Torres, not till he has done something in Chelsea colours. Lukaku himself said that it'd be alot harder to repeat what he just did in WBA when he'd play for Chelsea. You'll have alot less room to work with, more pressure etc. Benayoun and Marin aren't Chelsea material to start with so don't start with it. Chalobah? He hasn't even played for Chelsea propely and he's automatically better than Mikel, that's just stupid and disrespectful. Get real. Courtois has 1-2 good seasons, makes couple of good saves and you compare him with Cech? Cech saves our ass every other game.

Who the fucks cares about messages.

We are Chelsea.

Unless it's Bayern Munich calling for him, there is no other team in the Bundesliga we should be scared of losing him to.

He knows he is young, and if he wants a future at Chelsea he will need to wait....like a certain Mr. Ryan Bertrand.

The player?

Kevin is extremely versatile. He can play anywhere in midfield. We need quality squad depth.

He also deserves to be recalled. What message does it give to KDB if he's to be loaned out again while we buy a player from his league who performed worse than he did?

Maybe Kevin wants assurances that he will play a LOT this coming season, so he keeps his place in the Belgium squad for the WC. That would be the only logical reason for him wanting to be loaned.

Yes you have a point, but the fact of the matter is that the place where KDB would play at Chelsea we already have better players.

If we are sticking with the 4-2-3-1, I'd assume de Bruyne would start on the right side of the 3, interchanging with Mata & Hazard. He is better than Oscar, Moses, Marin, and Schurrle.

We went into the season with two strikers: Sturridge and Torres. We ended with two strikers: Torres and Ba. Our right wing was, is and will be Eden Hazard, sounds familiar? Pivot being shy in numbers - has to do with Mikel's, Lampard's, Ramires' form and the season ending injury for Romeu. Can't predict that.

LOL, keep fooling yourself! :lol:

problem is that Schurrle is not what we need (specially for 20mi euros)...

That's your opinion, I think we can buy a lot worse players than Schurrle considering how versatile he is. Look at Moses, people nearly cried from the roof tops when we signed him but he has turned out a very good signing.

I wish people would at least give players a chance to prove themselves before judging them.

If we are sticking with the 4-2-3-1, I'd assume de Bruyne would start on the right side of the 3, interchanging with Mata & Hazard. He is better than Oscar, Moses, Marin, and Schurrle.

He's definately good enough to fight with Oscar for a starting spot. It would also be a relieve to know we have a quality sub for a change.

Don't see a problem with overloading on quality young talent. Competition for places is useful, and i would rather see someone fo the talent of Oscar or schurlle coming on to change a game than Marin.

If in a years time we don't particular want xyz we can move them on for similar to what we paid for them so i don't really see too much of an issue. No one we sign will impact Mata or Hazard negatively, which is the most important thing.

Lukaku > Torres

KDB > Benayoun

Piazon > Marin

Chalobah > Mikel

You missed the point here. I quoted him because he gave an impression like Chelsea are criminals for having 23 players on loan - it is normal. Regarding you comparisons: IF Lukaku has the same form he had in WBA he is better than Torres. Equal with Ba. Though, why on earth would you compare KDB with Benayoun - a player out of contract? Compare him with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Moses. Piazon has played second fiddle this season at Malaga, so has Marin - we can't compare them really - both of them are at the moment far from the quality needed. Mikel any day over Chalobah - you saw how easy he cracked under real pressure a few days ago - he needs experience in an EPL club this year with regular playing time. Stop taking things from air, I didn't claim anything.

That's your opinion, I think we can buy a lot worse players than Schurrle considering how versatile he is. Look at Moses, people nearly cried from the roof tops when we signed him but he has turned out a very good signing.

I wish people would at least give players a chance to prove themselves before judging them.

Exactly. Refreshing to read things like this, thanks.