Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Some great goals in that video. He looks more direct than any of the current attacking midfielders. A very respectable 14 goals 10 assists last season. He averaged 4 shots a game in the BuLi last season (which is the most) and had 122 shots overall.

He may not be the best player in the world but he's a massive upgrade on Marin and will be a good squad player.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes? A proven player in the Bundesliga who's good enough for the German national team, but not by any means a superstar like Neymar etc.

Dude, he is not a player who earned any status to be worth 20mi + KDB loan!

Schurrle is not the winger we need, he is only a sub for Germany (nothing impressive) and he is selfish.

Why are we buying an expensive player that doesn't fit in our system and will make Hazard move from his favorite position?

Have any of you actually watched Schurrle? I mean you'd think he was the second coming of Klinsmann reading some of the posts on here, so I actually made an effort to watch a few of his games and I was shocked at how average he is.

If anyone can put forth a legitimate argument for the club putting a one trick pony like Schurrle above KDB I'll keep quiet once and for all. I mean even German fans/press think Schurrle has stagnated and is overestimated by English fans.

Have any of you actually watched Schurrle? I mean you'd think he was the second coming of Klinsmann reading some of the posts on here, so I actually made an effort to watch a few of his games and I was shocked at how average he is.

If anyone can put forth a legitimate argument for the club putting a one trick pony like Schurrle above KDB I'll keep quiet once and for all. I mean even German fans/press think Schurrle has stagnated and is overestimated by English fans.

This.

I hate to agree with this peasant but his right

I think Bale is a one trick pony, i always have. But what he did this season was truly amazing, he scored time and time again from outside the box without doing any skill - just move the ball to his left foot and boom. Hulk is similar but not as efficient and Schurrle is also of the same mold. He already has a good long range strike on him, and given how young he is, there's every chance he improves.

dI've seen the lad play alot and he most certainly has a selfish streak on him. Schurrle averages 3.6 shots per game which is the most in the Bundesliga and only had 11 goals to show for it.

And by poor mans Sturridge I mean worse in every aspect a forward needs but obviously he destroys him defensively. So I don't get the logic in selling Danny to the bindippers and then signing an inferior player 5 months later.

I'd rather KDB play there especially since he's equally adept playing on the right or left. He's able to impact the game more, better array of skills, scores just as many, versatile and most importantly doesnt cost a ridiculous 20m.

20m for Schurrle and Barca pay 25m for Neymar. LOL

You have to take into consideration he was Leverkusen's best player attacking wise, or at least 2nd behind Kessling. So 3 shots a game is probably what is expected given how involved he will be with the attacks. This number will come down at Chelsea, minus the fact he wouldn't start every game, he will not see the ball as often and will have to rely on Mata and Hazard getting him space for those long range shots, and chances in the box.

Dude, he is not a player who earned any status to be worth 20mi + KDB loan!

Schurrle is not the winger we need, he is only a sub for Germany (nothing impressive) and he is selfish.

Why are we buying an expensive player that doesn't fit in our system and will make Hazard move from his favorite position?

No disrespect mate but Chelsea wouldn't buy player they don't need. If we buy him, we'll need him. They're professionals, we're just guessing on the Internet.

Think it shows they all think they know the player, but in fact most of their opinions are based on stats and youtube-clips with perhaps the odd streamed game.

I'm not saying I'm against Schurrle coming here.

But buying Schurrle + loaning KDB does not make sense. It's utterly ridiculous.

KDB is the better player, it's so obvious if you'd actuallu WATCH their games.

inb4 biased

inb4 they play different positions

Yes you have a point, but the fact of the matter is that the place where KDB would play at Chelsea we already have better players.

For his young age, it's better to be on one more year in loan for him to get the best out of it.

If by then he can't be in our team because the players we have are much better he will be sold.

While Schurrle place at where he would play with us is different.

Simple as that.

KDB has done good in Bundesliga, but I think one more year on loan will not be the end of the world.

Schrulle here will make our formation more narrower i mean that guy just cut inside and shoots and I hardly see him cross ....

I would rather have lars bender here from leverkusen than schurrle that guys is a machine......

No disrespect mate but Chelsea wouldn't buy player they don't need. If we buy him, we'll need him. They're professionals, we're just guessing on the Internet.

Err, no. Not necessarily. We have quite a number of talented players, be it from the academy or those bought ones, and yet we continue looking to buy and are somewhat overstock with similar players.

Right, because we didnt go into a season strikeless, with 3 CAMs and no RW, Mikel as our first option DM and all our depth loaned! :)

Yes you have a point, but the fact of the matter is that the place where KDB would play at Chelsea we already have better players.

For his young age, it's better to be on one more year in loan for him to get the best out of it.

If by then he can't be in our team because the players we have are much better he will be sold.

While Schurrle place at where he would play with us is different.

Simple as that.

KDB has done good in Bundesliga, but I think one more year on loan will not be the end of the world.

Kevin is extremely versatile. He can play anywhere in midfield. We need quality squad depth.

He also deserves to be recalled. What message does it give to KDB if he's to be loaned out again while we buy a player from his league who performed worse than he did?

Lets not forget, (If this actually goes through) KDB is Just going on loan for a season at a club with CL football, where he would probably be their main player. That will be some great experience to have. As much as we all love KDB, there is no guarentee he would be a starter straight away, and would for this season could just be an extra option, so i don't think a loan deal will have a negative effect. If anything it could speed up his progress. Also Schurlle is still young. He is another young investment we have. He cost 20 mil, but we can sell him for the same fee. Thats not the same as if we were to buy a 28 year old who would probably be on the decline by the time we sold him.

Imo he is better than Moses, adds another dimension to our attack, and can play as a striker if we need him to. Its not like we have just decided to swap KDB for Schurlle.