Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you can add hulk to that list. If we could get a special price for him and witsel that would be a great window

Another winger? what we will play 2 7 1? with triple wingers each side and a CM?

Another winger? what we will play 2 7 1? with triple wingers each side and a CM?

That would give :

team A

Moses - Oscar - Schuurle

----------- BA ----------------

team B

Hulk - Mata - Hazard

-------- new striker --------

We would get rid of marin and benayoun, i don't know what you mean with your triple wingers each side... with rotation and cup games, that would be nice like that

Hazard playing on the RW doesn't change a thing? Have you actually seen how ineffective he is on the right? When Hazard has played there, he has never really posed any threat to the opposition and it's a different thing altogether playing there temporarily in games and playing as his main position. The best position for him is the LW because that is where he's most comfortable at and strongest in causing damage to the opponent. With the talent and ability he's got, we should be playing him in his best position where we can get the best out of him, not play square pegs in round hole and only get half of the player he is.

I haven't noticed how ineffective Hazard is on the right. As far as i'm concerned he's capable of playing effectively in any of the 3 positions behind the striker but is obviously far better as CAM because he gets the ball more.

Schurrle is more of a gamble than Shancez, so I dont see your point!

Actually i don't see your point lol.

That would give :

team A

Moses - Oscar - Schuurle

----------- BA ----------------

team B

Hulk - Mata - Hazard

-------- new striker --------

We would get rid of marin and benayoun, i don't know what you mean with your triple wingers each side... with rotation and cup games, that would be nice like that

Let's be honest, Zenit would ask X elevated to N for him (so maybe trillions). And if we sign Schurrle for £20M to make him sub or team b?

Not liking it. no, sir.

By the way, if you want a killer player for the wing and ST, really inexpensive (£5M), google Jesé Rodriguez, and then go to videos.

I haven't noticed how ineffective Hazard is on the right. As far as i'm concerned he's capable of playing effectively in any of the 3 positions behind the striker but is obviously far better as CAM because he gets the ball more.

Agree to disagree then on Hazard at RW. :)

As for saying Hazard gets the ball more in CAM, that may be the case but again, he can't do too much damage there unless in counter attacking situations where he can get loads of space and time to operate. The reason why Hazard doesn't suit in the CAM role is because his main abilities is getting on the ball, run at defenders and dribble past them. In this middle, he won't be able to do that too much because teams these days play a pivot or 3 midfielders in front of their defence and in this case, Hazard won't get the time and space to do. He might even actually lose the ball a tad more because of trying to dribble past people and being crowded out in that area! He's not like Mata where he passes, then move, pass, then move, pass then move making him very hard to mark and defend against in that CAM area.

If we really are to get the absolute best out of Hazard, we really need to play him in best position which is at LW. He has the pace, trickery, ability to run with the ball and dribble past players and all of this is best exploited in that wide left role because that is where he can have the time and space to do what he's great at, which is something he won't enjoy much in the CAM position.

If Mou is coming back, he will do the team I don't think anyone will be signed before him.

Maybe Mourinho's opinion about Schürrle has already been asked? Schürrle strucks me as a player Mourinho would probably love to work with, a versatile and skillful player who works hard for the team.

Maybe Mourinho's opinion about Schürrle hasn't already been asked? Schürrle strucks me as a player Mourinho would probably love to work with, a versatile and skillful player who works hard for the team.

Sure, I'm just saying nothing will flow before Mou has been presented as new Manager.

maybe a deal is in place but you can postpone an actual signing untill a later date I think. So the board will see how this season pans out, then go ahead with the deal if they feel its right for our achievement this season.

Schurrle could well be a signing "for" mourinho. He is fairly similar to arjen robben imo, who is obviously a type of player Mourinho is used to working with.

Nonsense, as Schurrle was wanted last season way before Mourinho name was in the lips of anyone.

This just tell me that the club continues to do their own thing.

A sign that Mourinho might not come back.

Why? Because he left exactly of this. Technical director buying players he didn't want.

So you tell me, if the club is doing their own thing since he left, then why would he want to come back?

Schurrle could well be a signing "for" mourinho. He is fairly similar to arjen robben imo, who is obviously a type of player Mourinho is used to working with.

Read in a news before stating that Schurrle is a player that Emenalo has admired and like for some time now. Unless the club have spoken with Mourinho or whoever about this transfer and they agree with it, this will just be another signing by the board which our next manager have to try figuring out on how fix and complete the jigsaw puzzle.

Nonsense, as Schurrle was wanted last season way before Mourinho name was in the lips of anyone.

This just tell me that the club continues to do their own thing.

A sign that Mourinho might not come back.

Why? Because he left exactly of this. Technical director buying players he didn't want.

So you tell me, if the club is doing their own thing since he left, then why would he want to come back?

Yeah he was wanted last season... But we didn't get him. He is a great young talent. With Mourinho in line to coming back it isn't too far of a stretch to think, he is in mind for pursuing this type of transfer.

And Why he would want to come back... Because he loves London and chelsea fc. We love him. He would have a great young squad filled with lots of talented players, and a large spending budget. He has already said he wants to come back to England. Man Utd isn't really available. Man city is unlikely. That leaves us.

Why wouldn't he want to come back.