Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Schurrle is not very useful on the right and it would be downright stupid to move hazard from his best position(left wing) to accomodate schurrle.

As i mentioned in the post above, our front 3 is very freeflowing, and many times during the game Hazard will be on the right. I don't think he is worse in that position, and its not like we are moving him to an alien position. Schurrle, hasn't had to play on the righe but it doesn't mean he can't be utilised there. He can also play striker which is helpful.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i mentioned in the post above, our front 3 is very freeflowing, and many times during the game Hazard will be on the right. I don't think he is worse in that position, and its not like we are moving him to an alien position. Schurrle, hasn't had to play on the righe but it doesn't mean he can't be utilised there. He can also play striker which is helpful.

He has played on the right for mainz and was ok.. I think he is only ok and i hope we dont buy him he is soo overrated.. And you guys loved marin before he came and were sure that he will make it and look at him now!

Dont know why but you english rate the germans players so highly and I really dont understand why! And I really hate selfish players and schurtle is selfish even derdiyok(swiss player that played with him) said he does not pass a lot..

He has played on the right for mainz and was ok.. I think he is only ok and i hope we dont buy him he is soo overrated.. And you guys loved marin before he came and were sure that he will make it and look at him now!

Dont know why but you english rate the germans players so highly and I really dont understand why!

No Buy is a guarentee. Schurrle is a regular in the German national team and Marin is not. He may not be great, but then so may any signing, as there are no guarentees, as we chelsea fans should know more than anyone.

And there are a lot of quality German players imo. Hummels, Reus, Schweinstiger, muller, Gundogen, Gotze, Ozil etc. They are rated highly because they are one of the best national teams and constantly produce a lot of talented players, the majority of whom are still relatively young as well.

No Buy is a guarentee. Schurrle is a regular in the German national team and Marin is not. He may not be great, but then so may any signing.

And there are a lot of quality German players imo. Hummels, Reus, Schweinstiger, muller, Gundogen, Gotze, Ozil.

He is there thrid choice striker but i have to admit they have a great team but schurrle is not important for them. And the players that you mentionend are world class and would love any of them here except muller! But schurrle cost too much is a gamble and as I said above he would have to learn to pass more and up his game!

I really don't get the bellyaching about this deal, and the comparisons to Sturridge are laughable. Here's the thing about Danny - he's probably about half as good as some of the people on this forum think he is.

But that's still nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

We need a winger - Schurrle fits the bill. Yes he's played mainly on the left and cut in but Hazard has shown himself to be a threat from both wings, as well as drifting into the centre. People have mentioned the fluidity of our front three, but Schurrle is also a disciplined player comfortable with tracking back.

We need a third striker if Torres leaves or Lukaku goes on loan - Schurrle fits the bill.

He also offers a physical presence on the wings that Oscar and Hazard certainly don't.

The price isn't that crazy either. Around £20 million is roughly Nani/Di Maria/Sanchez money so seems about fair.

The Marin comparisons are really stupid - Marin was a player with unfulfilled promise looking for a move to revitalise a flagging career. He was also a back-up transfer in case we didn't get Champions League football. Schurrle is a player very much on the ascendancy.

Plus just because the news of this move seems to be out it doesn't mean we aren't going after other targets. I know some people have a low opinion of our board but there are people there who are capable of having one conversation with one group of agents and scouts, and then going on to another one with a completely different set of people.

He is there thrid choice striker but i have to admit they have a great team but schurrle is not important for them. And the players that you mentionend are world class and would love any of them here except muller! But schurrle cost too much is a gamble and as I said above he would have to learn to pass more and up his game!

Time will tell if we buy him, but for the German National team he has the same number of goals as Reus, with a few more appearances, so i wouldn't say he is 3rd choice as he is very much apart of their First team. If its a choice between someone like him and Lewandowski then i would rather lewy, but theres no guarentee of that happenning and its not an either/or situation.

I am yet to see him play for real, so I cant judge...

However, I only see him cutting inside and shooting in hopes he gets lucky. I never saw a video of a good width and deep play by him!

Since today, I read Andrea´s price went to 25m. Well, add 5 year contract to it & it´ll come up to almost 50m plus KDB on loan.

Not a very shrewd business, in my view. It seems to me, the Germans are trying to milk Roman here.

I´d say, stick it, just bring KDB home & let him play.

Some guy Ingo Haspel Schalke´s transfer advisor was in London last Friday, I read.

Since, we do not know the details but I would call Ingo & tell him to buy himself some sauerkraut instead.

Since today, I read Andrea´s price went to 25m. Well, add 5 year contract to it & it´ll come up to almost 50m plus KDB on loan.

Not a very shrewd business, in my view. It seems to me, the Germans are trying to milk Roman here.

I´d say, stick it, just bring KDB home & let him play.

Some guy Ingo Haspel Schalke´s transfer advisor was in London last Friday, I read.

Since, we do not know the details but I would call Ingo & tell him to buy himself some sauerkraut instead.

Brilliant read as always

I really don't get the bellyaching about this deal, and the comparisons to Sturridge are laughable. Here's the thing about Danny - he's probably about half as good as some of the people on this forum think he is.

But that's still nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

We need a winger - Schurrle fits the bill. Yes he's played mainly on the left and cut in but Hazard has shown himself to be a threat from both wings, as well as drifting into the centre. People have mentioned the fluidity of our front three, but Schurrle is also a disciplined player comfortable with tracking back.

We need a third striker if Torres leaves or Lukaku goes on loan - Schurrle fits the bill.

He also offers a physical presence on the wings that Oscar and Hazard certainly don't.

The price isn't that crazy either. Around £20 million is roughly Nani/Di Maria/Sanchez money so seems about fair.

The Marin comparisons are really stupid - Marin was a player with unfulfilled promise looking for a move to revitalise a flagging career. He was also a back-up transfer in case we didn't get Champions League football. Schurrle is a player very much on the ascendancy.

Plus just because the news of this move seems to be out it doesn't mean we aren't going after other targets. I know some people have a low opinion of our board but there are people there who are capable of having one conversation with one group of agents and scouts, and then going on to another one with a completely different set of people.

For 20 million, I'd take Sanchez over Schurrle.

Schurrle's development has stalled at Leverkusen, he generally has 1-2 good games...then goes missing for a few games and then has another 1-2 good games.

The standout player for Leverkusen this season has been their DM called Bender. That's the player we should be going after...considering our lack of options at DM.

I just hope that this potential Schurrle purchase doesn't impact on KDB's first team chances at Chelsea in the coming years...

For 20 million, I'd take Sanchez over Schurrle.

Schurrle's development has stalled at Leverkusen, he generally has 1-2 good games...then goes missing for a few games and then has another 1-2 good games.

The standout player for Leverkusen this season has been their DM called Bender. That's the player we should be going after...considering our lack of options at DM.

I just hope that this potential Schurrle purchase doesn't impact on KDB's first team chances at Chelsea in the coming years...

Except that it's worse for Sanchez. Schurrle is actually a starter at Bayer, Sanchez has started only 14 games at Barça this season. He has been absolutely dreadful usually falling out of the team as quickly as he gets into it. I've never seen a player blow hot and cold so rapidly. Though he always put 100% into every match, just a lot of the time his all isn't worth that much.