Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first Schurle looked like realy bad signing, but now I like him lot more. He was playing much better in NT last years than after Wc, but on club level he improved his overall play. Will complement Hazard and Mata and add something new to the team.

KDB's agent let something slip - "Bayer Leverkusen is a very good option. They will play in the Champions League next season and Kevin could probably play in Andre Schurrle's position"

Reckon it's pretty much a done deal if you ask me

Damn.. was really counting on Kevin to play a RW.

Why is everyone practically acting like he'll be playing against Fulham? Where is this confirmed? I see nothing on any reputable site. People are getting ahead of themselves...

Reliable German journalists such as Raphael Honigstein has mentioned it. He even provided links to Leverkusen insiders or whatever you wanna call them, people who know about the club etc. The deal is certainly in place right now and looks very close to be completed. You can see Honigstein's Twitter(www.twitter.com/honigstein) timeline for more details if you want to.

Reliable German journalists such as Raphael Honigstein has mentioned it. He even provided links to Leverkusen insiders or whatever you wanna call them, people who know about the club etc. The deal is certainly in place right now and looks very close to be completed. You can see Honigstein's Twitter(www.twitter.com/honigstein) timeline for more details if you want to.

Well if you guys say so...though, for me, Mr. Honigstein is no WHS! :D

Seriously though, I'll only start believing it if I see it on SSN and then confirmed on the official site.

So we sold Danny for 12m and we're buying another one for 22? Nice job CFC..

Eh? What?

Sturridge was a very talented player no doubt, but he was also way too far ahead of himself, he said he was going to leave if he never got first team football and so he did. There was nothing we could do about Sturridge, why hang on to him just so he can leave in the summer? So don't bring Danny into this.

Also Schurrle is a player which we desperately need, I don't think he will play upfront, I don't know why people are thinking this to be honest. If anything he's going to be playing on the wings, mostly to offer cover and drop off deep, he's a work horse and he's also someone who gets stuck into just about anything, only attacker we have who does that is Demba Ba.

Look at the Mazacar, it's far too unbalanced, we need that other player who can come in and work the shifts. Just because he's not a big name people aren't liking it at all, but if you ask me It's probably one of the most logical signings the board has made. Because when they where off buyin all these attackers, and still wanted the likes of Willian and Taison, I honeslty thought they where literally going blind, then again I shouldn't speak too soon as theirs rumours over De Bruyne being sold.

Eh? What?

Sturridge was a very talented player no doubt, but he was also way too far ahead of himself, he said he was going to leave if he never got first team football and so he did. There was nothing we could do about Sturridge, why hang on to him just so he can leave in the summer? So don't bring Danny into this.

Also Schurrle is a player which we desperately need, I don't think he will play upfront, I don't know why people are thinking this to be honest. If anything he's going to be playing on the wings, mostly to offer cover and drop off deep, he's a work horse and he's also someone who gets stuck into just about anything, only attacker we have who does that is Demba Ba.

Look at the Mazacar, it's far too unbalanced, we need that other player who can come in and work the shifts. Just because he's not a big name people aren't liking it at all, but if you ask me It's probably one of the most logical signings the board has made. Because when they where off buyin all these attackers, and still wanted the likes of Willian and Taison, I honeslty thought they where literally going blind, then again I shouldn't speak too soon as theirs rumours over De Bruyne being sold.

I'm talking in terms of playing style. They are almost identical. Always cut inside, always shoot, never pass. Just mark my words to when/if Shurrle comes here.

And btw, if Schurrle gets as much game time as Danny got here, I'm positive he'll want to leave as well..

I AM SO DAMN EXCITED FOR THIS!!! He's stronger than he looks by the way. I often see him shrug off people with ease. I'll enjoy watching him and Lukaku bullying Arsenal in a few years. Won't be too dissimilar to Anelka-Drogba.

So we sold Danny for 12m and we're buying another one for 22? Nice job CFC

That's 22m euros firstly and there's also the fact Schurrle is very happy to do a job on the wing, contributes defensively and has immense work-rate as well as contributing offensively. He's also far more talented than Sturridge (just my opinion mind). Had Sturridge shown all of these qualities then maybe he wouldn't have been sold. So yes, nice job CFC

Makes no sense to me. The only reason our top guys (Mata and Hazard) have been overplayed is because our managers have been playing them in every competition. Hazard and Mata each have 12-15 starts in games that weren't in the Premier League or the Champions League. They've started against competition they should have been rested for many times. We need another player to be able to come in and play-someone better than Benayoun or Marin who can start 20 games in a season. Schurrle is a very gifted player but his game is a lot like Hazard's. He likes to cut in and shoot and is not the sort of winger that is going to be happy or at his best playing down the side and providing crosses (He has 0.4 accurate crosses per game which is nothing). He also has played almost exactly the same position as Hazard this season (on the left). He's very talented, I just don't really see the point. I'd much rather go after a real winger and probably someone on the right who can challenge Moses for playing time..

Makes no sense to me. The only reason our top guys (Mata and Hazard) have been overplayed is because our managers have been playing them in every competition. Hazard and Mata each have 12-15 starts in games that weren't in the Premier League or the Champions League. They've started against competition they should have been rested for many times. We need another player to be able to come in and play-someone better than Benayoun or Marin who can start 20 games in a season. Schurrle is a very gifted player but his game is a lot like Hazard's. He likes to cut in and shoot and is not the sort of winger that is going to be happy or at his best playing down the side and providing crosses (He has 0.4 accurate crosses per game which is nothing). He also has played almost exactly the same position as Hazard this season (on the left). He's very talented, I just don't really see the point. I'd much rather go after a real winger and probably someone on the right who can challenge Moses for playing time..

True and if we do get Schurrle, where or how on earth are we gonna play all Mata, Hazard and Schurrle together? We already seen that Hazard is ineffective on the right and I'm not sure if Schurrle will be happy to play 2nd fiddle to Hazard on the left. OR unless, Schurrle plays at LW, Hazard at CAM and Mata at RW? Wouldn't advocate that though since CAM is not Hazard's best position as his ability will not be exploited to the fullest IMO.

KDB's agent let something slip - "Bayer Leverkusen is a very good option. They will play in the Champions League next season and Kevin could probably play in Andre Schurrle's position"

Reckon it's pretty much a done deal if you ask me

His agent also said that chelsea will not sell de bruyne

That's 22m euros firstly and there's also the fact Schurrle is very happy to do a job on the wing, contributes defensively and has immense work-rate as well as contributing offensively. He's also far more talented than Sturridge (just my opinion mind). Had Sturridge shown all of these qualities then maybe he wouldn't have been sold. So yes, nice job CFC

I've watched Schurrle many many times. His dribbling skills are slightly better than Danny, but Sturridge is a better finisher. Other than that they're very similar. Any way, let's just wait and see.