Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

IMO

Sturridge is not a world class striker and will never be. He will become quite good, but doesnt have the game to be the CF of any of the top teams in europe.(CL not europa)

I like him as a winger, not as a Striker. He is a quality winger, who can develop into a WC winger if he progresses well in that position and becomes a team player, and passes.

Rooney is a WC striker, and had the characteristics and talent at 21 or 18...however old he was when he joined united.

Sturridge has trickery and pace, and the odd good finish with finesse. His characteristics are perfect for growing into a WC winger, not a striker.

He is the type of player who WANTS and NEEDS playing time, preferably as a starter. We clearly cannot give that to him, atleast as a CF.

So if he is sold, he should be sold to a club that is willing to make him the No. 1 CF.

If we will sell him to another club where he is not a starter, but makes a huge difference when he comes on as a sub, then there is no point selling him, as he is a terrific impact sub for us already.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May as well chuck Gerald Asamoah in there. And Cacau.

They were rubbish, Klose is the exception rather than the rule. And Podolski doesn't count, Lukas is a German name.

Make that Mirosław and Łukasz :)

World Class strikers : Messi , Ronaldo , Rooney :lol2: , Ibrahimovic , Drogba , Van Persie , Aguero , players who scores 20-30 goals per season.

Sturridge is a good striker , he could be fantastic in his natural position and we need a ST more than a Winger.

LOOL! Rooney never has been and never will be world class! plus Messi and Ronaldo are not strikers! and you didn't even mention the player who has been the best striker on the planet by a long long way for over a year now! Radamel Falcao!

Drogba has scored +20 league goals in maybe 1/2 seasons.

how many seasons do you Rooney has scored 20+ league goals then? at least when Drogba does it he wins the Golden Boot! how many times has Rooney won that btw?

LOOL! Rooney never has been and never will be world class! plus Messi and Ronaldo are not strikers! and you didn't even mention the player who has been the best striker on the planet by a long long way for over a year now! Radamel Falcao!

If things are based on four standard positions being keeper, defence, midfield and strikers then Messi and Ronaldo have to be considered strikers. The offensive area they play on the field suggests they cannot be classed midfielders.

how many seasons do you Rooney has scored 20+ league goals then? at least when Drogba does it he wins the Golden Boot! how many times has Rooney won that btw?

? I was just high lighting some flawed logic, I don't agree that +20 league goals actually makes a striker world class.

If things are based on four standard positions being keeper, defence, midfield and strikers then Messi and Ronaldo have to be considered strikers. The offensive area they play on the field suggests they cannot be classed midfielders.

You do realize there are more than four positions in football! Messi and Ronaldo are not in any way strikers!

Rooney is one of the best player in the world, as a Chelsea supporter I would love to have him.

LOOL! no he isn't! as an out and out striker he is crap and no where near the level of players like Falcao, RVP, Benzema, Higuain, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Villa, Aguero ect and as someone who plays behind a striker he is no where near the level of players like Hazard, Mata, Silva, Iniesta, Fabregas, Kagawa, Cazorla, Ozil, Modric ect and thats without even mentioning Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar who Rooney is a billion miles away from getting anywhere near!

I dont think you realize just how overrated Rooney is! He is nothing more than a bench-warmer at United now.

You do realize there are more than four positions in football! Messi and Ronaldo are not in any way strikers!

You don't say?!

If you read my post properly i said 'standard' positions, i.e when people dish out awards or generalise positions they inevitably go into one of four as mentioned.

If going on that basis, i am saying that there is no way Ronaldo and Messi can be classed midfielders over strikers.

LOOL! no he isn't! as an out and out striker he is crap and no where near the level of players like Falcao, RVP, Benzema, Higuain, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Villa, Aguero ect and as someone who plays behind a striker he is no where near the level of players like Hazard, Mata, Silva, Iniesta, Fabregas, Kagawa, Cazorla, Ozil, Modric ect and thats without even mentioning Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar who Rooney is a billion miles away from getting anywhere near!

I dont think you realize just how overrated Rooney is! He is nothing more than a bench-warmer at United now.

And i think that you dont realize just how you post is idiot. <_<

If you told me that he loves Money , i'll say yes , but Wayne is a top top player , how many goals he scored ? How many assists he made ? If United are always title contenders, its also because Roo is always on the scoresheet.

You don't say?!

If you read my post properly i said 'standard' positions, i.e when people dish out awards or generalise positions they inevitably go into one of four as mentioned.

If going on that basis, i am saying that there is no way Ronaldo and Messi can be classed midfielders over strikers.

why are you generalizing positions anyway? we are not talking about awards ect, we are talking about world class strikers and Messi and Roanldo dont come into that category as they are not strikers! and in terms of awards they would be classed as forwards not strikers!

dislike Rooney but it is difficult not to accept that he would strengthen any side. He is versatile skillful and strong. Moreover he is a team player.

Yes call him Shrek ,, Granny shagger or whatever but don't deny his ability on the field.

And i think that you dont realize just how you post is idiot. <_<

If you told me that he loves Money , i'll say yes , but Wayne is a top top player , how many goals he scored ? How many assists he made ? If United are always title contenders, its also because Roo is always on the scoresheet.

HAHA!!! stop acting as if im saying Rooney is a conference player! he is a very good player but no where near the very best in his position! so would you really have rather have Rooney leading the line for your team than all of those strikers i mentioned? and would you rather have Rooney playing behind your striker than all those creative midfielders i mentioned? because if you would then your mad! Rooney isn't at that level and now that he is a bench-warmer i doubt he ever will.

btw Rooney has won the PL four times and the highest amount of league goals he scored during those title wining seasons was 14! its not all about Rooney at united so stop overrating him as everyone always does!

This post is ridiculous, Rooney no more than a bench-warmer? Rooney is pure class and would get in every single team in the world bar maybe Barcelona.

He's not an out and out striker but yet he managed to score 37 goals last season, 27 in the league (in 32 games, Persie scored 30 goals in 37 games), outscoring Benzema, Higuain, Drogba, Villa and Aguero (5 of 8 from your list of WC strikers). And yet scoring goals isn't even his best trait.

HAHA!!! stop acting as if im saying Rooney is a conference player! he is a very good player but no where near the very best in his position! so would you really have rather have Rooney leading the line for your team than all of those strikers i mentioned? and would you rather have Rooney playing behind your striker than all those creative midfielders i mentioned? because if you would then your mad! Rooney isn't at that level and now that he is a bench-warmer i doubt he ever will.

btw Rooney has won the PL four times and the highest amount of league goals he scored during those title wining seasons was 14! its not all about Rooney at united so stop overrating him as everyone always does!

Maybe because he was injured ?

Anyway its your opinion , for me he is better than VP Torres and co, :clown: