David Luiz

the wes

1 minute ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Awful first half, but brilliant in the second.

Thought all three in midfield stepped it up. Baka's mistake aside he improved a lot too.

Captain-like stuff from Luiz in the second half.

The first half was awful, but fortunately he was much better during the second half. Even though he made the crucial interception in our second goal, I have and probably always will prefer him in the defensive line. His ball control is just too shaky to be a midfielder in my opinion. But no matter what position he's playing, the attitude this lad is unbelievable. We were lucky to get him back from PSG.

Thought he did very well. His one and only function in midfield was to do the dirty work and match up to Wanyama/Dembele in physical battles, not to let us be run over. Probably the toughest job on the pitch today. He did this to the best of his ability to help the team. And he also got into the box and swept balls away like he normally does. Great player to have.

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

He's better in midfield. All his technique anticipation minus the mistakes.

But I don't want him to play there too often. Yes his interception skill is fantastic but as a DM you need to be able to control the tempo of the game because you usually have the most time with the ball 

38 minutes ago, communicate said:

But I don't want him to play there too often. Yes his interception skill is fantastic but as a DM you need to be able to control the tempo of the game because you usually have the most time with the ball 

Agree that a dm needs to control the tempo. I feel luiz actually did it hat beautifully especially in the second half with composure and smarty short passes mixed in with runs and long balls.

we just can't ignore that we had not possession up the field here William and morata had only moments. 

You just can't control tempo without outlets to pass the ball to. When we play all defense counter attacking like today we will not have much of the ball no matter who plays.

for luiz to play more in the midddle we'd have to change the system. 4 in the mid would do wonders for him and fabregas too btw!

Not a midfielder for me, only should be considered an option there when an extreme situation calls for it, as it was the case against Spurs.

That being said, if Matic was the one who made that interception leading to Alonso's second god knows how much media would have talked about him being the greatest DM of all time.

He was awesome as usual.

Luiz for some reason will always carry around the stigma of earlier in his career at Chelsea, which even then was undeserved, but he is our rock at the back. For me, he is the most sure out of all our defenders. 

Hope Christensen sticks by Luiz closely in training. Possesses all the attributes Luiz does, but needs to add on the weight to get a bit stronger. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Luiz out of Nottingham Forest, Stoke City away and Man City at home.

That Man City match is going to hurt.

Now we will have to play one of Cahill/Christensen vs the best attack in the league.

David Luiz career in a nutshell... Just when I was thinking how solid he was today and is definitely MOTM for me, he makes this horrible no point tackle and sees the red. It's direct, so he is missing 3 games.(Does someone knows if the match in mickey mouse cup will be counted on his suspension?)
Personally I don't believe this is a red card, but the way he jumped and knowing we are Chelsea, it was obvious that he will be sent off. Stupid, stupid tackle after such a great performance from him...

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

That Man City match is going to hurt.

Now we will have to play one of Cahill/Christensen vs the best attack in the league.

as if christensen has a chance over our brilliant captain

A desperate Luiz is a ticking time bomb. You'll either see him do something incredible or something stupid.

Unfortunately, we saw the latter today. Not even sure what was he doing taking the ball so far down the line when we know he's going to lump it forward for Morata or whoever to chase it down. :doh: