David Luiz

the wes

On 4/30/2017 at 9:31 PM, Mufassir08 said:

Some warrior this guy is, the fact that he was more than willing to play through the pain barrier for the cause has endeared him to me exponentially. In fact, this isn't even the first time, he wasn't fully fit for that night in Munich but who could forget his performance and that penalty? Absolutely massive this guy has been for us this year! I don't know whether it's the system or Conte or just the fact that Luiz has gotten more mature but at this point his signing seems like a masterstroke to me. Also, thank you Aurelio De Laurentiis!  

I love Luiz. I just hope he never cuts his hair in case he loses his powers like Samson!

2 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

It's funny how Luiz avoid any abuse after a shocking game :D Only because he is a nice guy it seems. But if we want to continue keep winning I don't believe we can stick with this guy in defend. The guy is a joker.

We have other priorities now, he is the last one of our problems in all honestly.

Just now, Tautvix said:

It's funny how Luiz avoid any abuse after a shocking game :D Only because he is a nice guy it seems. But if we want to continue keep winning I don't believe we can stick with this guy in defend. The guy is a joker.

Yeap, the guy's a clearly bad omen for a team that wants to win trophies. Need to get rid off.

NzGtbm0.jpg

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

I would look to get rid of cahill first before David luiz. 

It's clear that Conte don't trust any other cb we have so buy a good one this summer. 

Would love van but Southampton might make it stone saga II. 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I would look to get rid of cahill first before David luiz. 

It's clear that Conte don't trust any other cb we have so buy a good one this summer. 

Would love van but Southampton might make it stone saga II. 

did you saw the game tonight?! if not cahill we were losing just after the first half 3-0 already...

He's had, what - 3 or 4 bad games this season? Can't really moan at him too much. Gives the team an awful lot - in the last 5 mins, he was basically playing as a central midfielder, pushing the team forwards. He's the sort of risk-taker we need in situations such as yesterday!

• 4 weeks later...

Do we think Conte believes he can play LCB/RCB? when we initially went to 3 cbs I thought he could fill the Chiellini role of marauding forward, similar to the role Azpi played this year. I worry about his individual defending out wide, in the very small sample size with JT in the middle he didnt look good as we all know but that could be down to not understanding the role? If we get Bonucci I wouldnt be surprised to see him kick out wide, which makes me very nervous but if Conte can drill him into playing that well all year in the middle I have faith he can make him successful out wide.

Do we think Conte believes he can play LCB/RCB? when we initially went to 3 cbs I thought he could fill the Chiellini role of marauding forward, similar to the role Azpi played this year. I worry about his individual defending out wide, in the very small sample size with JT in the middle he didnt look good as we all know but that could be down to not understanding the role? If we get Bonucci I wouldnt be surprised to see him kick out wide, which makes me very nervous but if Conte can drill him into playing that well all year in the middle I have faith he can make him successful out wide.

I can't find the quote at the moment but I remember one point where Conte was describing how the RCB/LCB should play. He something along the lines that those two need to be aggresive and press. That it is helpful for the them to be fast, etc.

With that, Cahill clearly doesn't fit in the aggressive category at all. Luiz does though. He is fairly fast, although I thought he got slower and slower as the season went on (I'm assuming because of his injury that wouldn't go away). So I hope it will be back to normal by next season.

I do wonder how he would do in that position long-term though. I have my doubts, but I also think it could be brilliant. Would give us another player good on ball, unlike Cahill.

I can't find the quote at the moment but I remember one point where Conte was describing how the RCB/LCB should play. He something along the lines that those two need to be aggresive and press. That it is helpful for the them to be fast, etc.

With that, Cahill clearly doesn't fit in the aggressive category at all. Luiz does though. He is fairly fast, although I thought he got slower and slower as the season went on (I'm assuming because of his injury that wouldn't go away). So I hope it will be back to normal by next season.

I do wonder how he would do in that position long-term though. I have my doubts, but I also think it could be brilliant. Would give us another player good on ball, unlike Cahill.

• 1 month later...

Don't let anyone ever tell you that David isn't our best defender. Proper athlete and defender, very physical, intelligent, great at reading the game and also a fantastic player with the ball at his feet. I know it was "just a pre season friendly" but today he showed he's the only real leader in the team. 

For how much we suffered in the Koulibaly saga, we really got lucky with this one.