David Luiz

the wes

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Whats this about him in midfield? :lol:

It won't happen bar possibly the odd big game because ..

A: Our defense needs upgrading and despite his flaws David a significant upgrade on Cahill and probably current JT too bar the leadership.

B: Him in midfield doesn't actually work if we are playing anything other than counter attack.

C: Conte wouldn't spend this much on a defender to play him out of position.

Thank you! We have Kante, Matic, Mikel, Cesc, Oscar, and Ruben that all play in the middle. No chance is David going to play in midfield.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Whats this about him in midfield? :lol:

It won't happen bar possibly the odd big game because ..

A: Our defense needs upgrading and despite his flaws David a significant upgrade on Cahill and probably current JT too bar the leadership.

B: Him in midfield doesn't actually work if we are playing anything other than counter attack.

C: Conte wouldn't spend this much on a defender to play him out of position.

Thank you. David Luiz is not a midfielder. Just because he can hit a long pass doesn't mean he's suited to midfield. His non-existant positional sense alone...

A wrecking ball for a certain type of game/certain tactics at best. His athleticism has waned as well, making him even less suitable to midfield. As bad as Matic is now, he's easily a better midfielder than David.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Possibly the worst defensive performance I've ever seen. He was tied with Marcelo for being the worst player of the tournament.

First part is fair. Second part isn't. Luiz was one of the best CBs of the tournament before that horrible moment in history.

If Jose and Blanc could not fix his defensive flaws than there is very little chance Conte can turn this 29 yr old into a world class CB. Sigh.

Trust me he will cost us over 10+ goals a season from his defensive brain farts. 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Possibly the worst defensive performance I've ever seen. He was tied with Marcelo for being the worst player of the tournament.

Fernandinho aswell, worst midfield performance I have ever seen.

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

First part is fair. Second part isn't. Luiz was one of the best CBs of the tournament before that horrible moment in history.

We've all seen it. Luiz needs his partner to keep him in line; like a rabid dog on a leash. Thiago Silva was injured for that match and without him we all get to see the true Luiz. He never had a good tournament, Thiago Silva did. I'd rather not have a player that needs another to keep his insanity in check.