David Luiz

the wes

Just now, Hutcho said:

Meh let him go. He ain't that good, and causes a lot of issues if I was picking our 2 cb's he wouldn't be one of them. Plenty of youngsters we can chuck in.

Also worth noting it could just all be BS.

When L'Equipe first reported it, I thought it was BS but then the English media picked up on it as well and it doesn't feel BS at this point. 

I really don't know what to make of this situation. In a normal situation, I'd say "SELL HIM!". He's a time bomb in that defence and we can't afford any defensive liability. But we are not in a normal situation. We have a transfer ban, the transfer window closes in less than 24 hours and going into the season with Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori as our CB options is HIGHLY RISKY! And I'm always against the idea of "helping" out a direct rival by selling them a player, regardless of whether they are good or not. Just feeling "WTF?!" and confused over this. On the funny side of things, would love to see Luiz play with Mustafi in that Arsenal backline. High comedy value right there!

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

Fucking twat told you guys we should've never got him back but muh he loves the club.

I was raging for weeks when we went all sloppy seconds with him from PSG

so many other younger, better options were out there at the time (and still are, but..... ban:()

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I really don't know what to make of this situation. In a normal situation, I'd say "SELL HIM!". He's a time bomb in that defence and we can't afford any defensive liability. But we are not in a normal situation. We have a transfer ban, the transfer window closes in less than 24 hours and going into the season with Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori as our CB options is HIGHLY RISKY! And I'm always against the idea of "helping" out a direct rival by selling them a player, regardless of whether they are good or not. Just feeling "WTF?!" and confused over this. On the funny side of things, would love to see Luiz play with Mustafi in that Arsenal backline. High comedy value right there!

add Azpi and Reece as potential CB's and it looks a wee bit better

The only logical explanation for this at such a late hour and for it to be for a hated, direct rival is that Lamps has told him he won't be starting. What else could possibly make sense? He's had all summer to seek a move and signed a new deal, so he obviously wanted to be here up until now.

So maybe Frank during Man United prep has gone with Zouma + AC in training and Luiz lost it and threw his toys out.

David Luiz pulls out of Chelsea training to force through Arsenal transfer move

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/07/david-luiz-pulls-chelsea-training-force-arsenal-transfer-move-10534792/

Why David Luiz is unhappy at Chelsea and is considering Arsenal transfer

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/07/david-luiz-unhappy-chelsea-considering-arsenal-transfer-10535589/

David Luiz trained away from the rest of Chelsea’s first team squad on Wednesday and is considering his future amid interest from Arsenal. Unai Emery is desperate to add a centre-half to his squad having seen club captain Laurent Koscielny spurn the offer of an olive branch and complete a move to Bordeaux. New signing William Saliba will spend the upcoming season back on loan at Saint-Etienne, Shkodran Mustafi has endured a difficult pre-season during which he was booed by his own supporters against Lyon, while Rob Holding has only just returned to full training following a cruciate knee ligament injury. Arsenal have been priced out of moves for Daniele Rugani of Juventus and RB Leipzig’s Dayot Upamecano, but are likely to make a late attempt to prise Luiz from Chelsea in what remains of the summer window.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

add Azpi and Reece as potential CB's and it looks a wee bit better

I don't really know why people keep on mentioning Azpi as a CB option. He played there in a 3-man defence, not 2. It's different situation altogether. Until I see him play as a CB in a back 4 and do well, I'd not consider him to be an option for that position!

Just now, Pizy said:

The only logical explanation for this at such a late hour and for it to be for a hated, direct rival is that Lamps has told him he won't be starting. What else could possibly make sense? He's had all summer to seek a move and signed a new deal, so he obviously wanted to be here up until now.

So maybe Frank during Man United prep has gone with Zouma + AC in training and Luiz lost it and threw his toys out.

I so do NOT see what Lamps sees in Zouma

I would rather have

CB AC

CB Azpi

LB Emerson

RB Reece (when he is recovered)

only big issue is size, as Zouma is a tank

maybe Happy surprises us all and goes good

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't really know why people keep on mentioning Azpi as a CB option. He played there in a 3-man defence, not 2. It's different situation altogether. Until I see him play as a CB in a back 4 and do well, I'd not consider him to be an option for that position!

which is why I wish Lamps had played him in back 2 CB setup for a half or two in pre-season