David Luiz

the wes

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think this is what it really comes down to with CHO.  If he said he wanted to leave for more playing time and was talking about Levekusen, or Liepzig or something like that, it would be less of a discussion point.

I put this in the Luiz thread though because this is the kind of thing that endears him further to me.  He's right, you can't just walk in to the starting XI at a club like this at 18.  Work on your game instead of worrying about moves.  

Agree 100%. Hopefully CHO sees the reality AND shows loyalty to the club who have nurtured him for years. If would be salivating as an 18yo with a £70k per week pay cheque and a great chance as being a star in my hometown club.

I've knocked him for his a92b4682529fdd0cb51a6c1148e05a69.gif  but he has that type of grit we need. MANY players wouldn't want to carry on after that.

Chelsea defender David Luiz takes Joshua King shot flush in face

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11623040/chelsea-defender-david-luiz-takes-joshua-king-shot-flush-in-face

On 2/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, jernej93 said:

This kind of attitude and mistake would cost Christensen his Chelsea career but Luiz will be straight back in first 11 for Huddersfield ... 

I'd pick him over AC I'm afraid.

Luiz in general this season has been good. I've had times that I've wanted to shake him warmly by the throat but I'm not going to beat him up after 1 game where most the others were worse than him.

On 01/02/2019 at 4:43 PM, Unionjack said:

I'd pick him over AC I'm afraid.

Luiz in general this season has been good. I've had times to want to shake him warmly by the throat but I'm not going to bear him up after 1 game where most the others were worse than him.

I have to say I really dont think I would anymore. NOT saying AC is the answer but Luiz is once again starting to get lit up like a Chinese firecracker will be tomorrow (its CNY). We desperately need a WC CB upgrade. There are a shit tonne to choose from (NO, Rugani is NOT oki!)

Sarri would be wise to replace this inconsistent Chelsea star before their top-4 hopes take a hit

https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/02/04/sarri-would-be-wise-to-replace-this-inconsistent-chelsea-star-before-their-top-4-hopes-take-a-hit/

Why Chelsea need to replace David Luiz before it ruins their season

Chelsea have suffered defeats of the nature of – 4-0 to Bournemouth, a 2-0 to Arsenal, and a 1-0 to Leicester City in the past month. This combined with many other defects in the Chelseateam have seen the club struggle a bit under Sarri. The former Napoli boss started the season well going 13 games unbeaten before a 3-1 defeat to Tottenham in the last week of November.

Since then nothing has gone right for either for the Blues or Maurizio Sarri, but there is one main problem that they need to fix – defensive issues. With Chelsea conceding 13 goals in their last 13 games, including four on Wednesday night. Things will only get worse going forward, and the main culprit has been the former PSG star – David Luiz.

The Brazilian has struggled over the last few weeks. While his passing has been impeccable, his defending, on the other hand, has been terrible.  Against Bournemouth alone, the 31-year-old was at fault for at least three goals, which included presenting the ball to David Brooks for the Cherries’ second goal. However, at the same time, against this young and rather speedy front-line, Luiz looked out of place and struggled to keep up.

snip

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have to say I really dont think I would anymore. NOT saying AC is the answer but Luiz is once again starting to get lit up like a Chinese firecracker will be tomorrow (its CNY). We desperately need a WC CB upgrade. There are a shit tonne to choose from (NO, Rugani is NOT oki!)

Sarri would be wise to replace this inconsistent Chelsea star before their top-4 hopes take a hit

https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/02/04/sarri-would-be-wise-to-replace-this-inconsistent-chelsea-star-before-their-top-4-hopes-take-a-hit/

Why Chelsea need to replace David Luiz before it ruins their season

Chelsea have suffered defeats of the nature of – 4-0 to Bournemouth, a 2-0 to Arsenal, and a 1-0 to Leicester City in the past month. This combined with many other defects in the Chelseateam have seen the club struggle a bit under Sarri. The former Napoli boss started the season well going 13 games unbeaten before a 3-1 defeat to Tottenham in the last week of November.

Since then nothing has gone right for either for the Blues or Maurizio Sarri, but there is one main problem that they need to fix – defensive issues. With Chelsea conceding 13 goals in their last 13 games, including four on Wednesday night. Things will only get worse going forward, and the main culprit has been the former PSG star – David Luiz.

The Brazilian has struggled over the last few weeks. While his passing has been impeccable, his defending, on the other hand, has been terrible.  Against Bournemouth alone, the 31-year-old was at fault for at least three goals, which included presenting the ball to David Brooks for the Cherries’ second goal. However, at the same time, against this young and rather speedy front-line, Luiz looked out of place and struggled to keep up.

snip

I'm still not ready to beat him up but is of course 1 of the 6 I would upgrade.

Just now, Unionjack said:

I'm still not ready to beat him up but is of course 1 of the 6 I would upgrade.

I only go off on the pitch performance when I slag out players. The Willian as poison meme I agree with you on is just icing on the cake.

I do not think anyone can honestly say

Luiz

AC (I still would give him a chance unless we get a £40m or more offer)

Cahill

Marcos Alonso

Emerson (can live with him as a backup perhaps)

César Azpilicueta (fine with him as a option at CB but not RB)

Davide Zappacosta

Danny Drinkwater

Morata (hopefully gone for good)

Bakayoko (looks like we get real deal fair value sale for him!)

Bats (massive disappointment, along with Baka and Morata)

Barkley (unless he massively comes on in last 1/3rd of the year, which I doubt highly)

Willian

Pedro (too old and too brittle by next season for sure)

Giroud

Zouma

Musonda

are at a true championship winning level (Azpi, (the main 'maybe not' one along with AC) mainly because of RB performance in Sarriball, and I fear age and insane minutes catching up to him)

That is SEVENTEEN or so players (AC and/or Azpi and/or Emerson not in the 'must be sold or let go soon' category)

it's a crazy amount of under-performance and bad buys (and/or lack of selling)

I

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I only go off on the pitch performance when I slag out players. The Willian as poison meme I agree with you on is just icing on the cake.

I do not think anyone can honestly say

Luiz

AC (I still would give him a chance unless we get a £40m or more offer)

Cahill

Marcos Alonso

Emerson (can live with him as a backup perhaps)

César Azpilicueta (fine with him as a option at CB but not RB)

Davide Zappacosta

Danny Drinkwater

Morata (hopefully gone for good)

Bakayoko (looks like we get real deal fair value sale for him!)

Bats (massive disappointment, along with Baka and Morata)

Barkley (unless he massively comes on in last 1/3rd of the year, which I doubt highly)

Willian

Pedro (too old and too brittle by next season for sure)

Giroud

Zouma

Musonda

are at a true championship winning level (Azpi, (the main 'maybe not' one along with AC) mainly because of RB performance in Sarriball, and I fear age and insane minutes catching up to him)

That is SEVENTEEN or so players (AC and/or Azpi and/or Emerson not in the 'must be sold or let go soon' category)

it's a crazy amount of under-performance and bad buys (and/or lack of selling)

I'd add RLC to the list too unless he shows ,m

But can we see the board having the inspiration to get off their arses and do what needs to be done and sell them?

It would go such a long way to helping out the 1st team/

I do think it makes sense to try to do it in one window even knowing how hard it would be.

If they started getting their ducks in a row now, touchin base with players reps,agents, mose in fast come the summer.

Might take some time to gel of course but they would all be doing it together. Get some big name team builder in too.

Doubt if Roman would go for it tho.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I

I'd add RLC to the list too unless he shows ,m

But can we see the board having the inspiration to get off their arses and do what needs to be done and sell them?

It would go such a long way to helping out the 1st team/

I do think it makes sense to try to do it in one window even knowing how hard it would be.

If they started getting their ducks in a row now, touchin base with players reps,agents, mose in fast come the summer.

Might take some time to gel of course but they would all be doing it together. Get some big name team builder in too.

Doubt if Roman would go for it tho.

It is outrageous they have failed for multiple windows now to start to dump the deadwood.

These loans with no obligation to buy can still blow up in our face as well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Nicco said:

Unlucky to hit the post, still hope he leaves in the summer and we can get a proper player with no mental walkabouts.

Like him or not but his distribution from the back is just too important for us right now. There's literally no player in the world who can replace him in that part

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Like him or not but his distribution from the back is just too important for us right now. There's literally no player in the world who can replace him in that part

Especially with how effective man-marking Jorginho is right now.  Jorginho moves the marker away and DL gets time to move up with the ball and play out from the back.  I think our best CB pairing right now is DL and AC.  I like Rudiger, but I like the DL AC partnership a bit more.  I think AC covers a bit better than Rudiger does.