David Luiz

the wes

NEW DEAL FOR LUIZ?

Chelsea are in talks with David Luiz over a new contract with the Brazilian's current deal set to expire in the summer, according to the defender's agent, Kia Joorabchian.

He told The Sun: "Contrary to some reports we are in a very amicable situation with Chelsea. "We are trying to work out a deal for David Luiz because he wants to stay, the manager wants him to stay and so does the club. I'm sure something will be worked out."

Then we have..

David Luiz rejects latest Chelsea contract extension offer — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/1/14/18181857/david-luiz-rejects-latest-chelsea-contract-extension-offer-report

We have to offer him a two year contract. He has had a solid season. He had a poor game against Spurs and has kicked on ever since that but the media don't give him the praise for it because he is David Luiz. We have kept the second most clean sheets in the league and he is a big reason for that.

What's the problem accepting a one year deal? If he performs, he probably gets another one year deal after it, if not, he's able to move away for free

Everybody wants his/her job secured as long as possible with stable incomes, nothing wrong of trying to negotiate a longer deal.

10 minutes ago, mccg said:

we'll see about that very soon

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He is FAR more likely to play LW here soon. Eden is gone, I am raising odds from 90% to 95%. Surely he can at least get 50/50 time at LW with the turgid (and at that point 31yo) Willian, unless we buy a new WC LW. We may do that, which then blows this projection out, and THEN I could very likely see him leaving.

A FAR better place for him to go (and for us, as they would be more likely to put a buyback or price match into play contractually wise) is Borussia Dortmund, where he could be their LW, with Sancho on the right and Raphaël Guerreiro moving back to his natural LB position as Marcel Schmelzer will be 32yo in middle of next season.

At Bayern they already have a potential WC LW (as long as he stays healthy, which has been his main issue) in Kingsley Coman, as well as Serge Gnabry, plus another 18yo wundekind in Alphonso Davies, who they just bought from Vancouver.

Unless he is oki with being a RW, he has a huge battle there for LW playing time. From all I have seen, CHO is far more effective at LW.

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is FAR more likely to play LW here soon. Eden is gone, I am raising odds from 90% to 95%. Surely he can at least get 50/50 time at LW with the turgid (and at that point 31yo) Willian, unless we buy a new WC LW. We may do that, which then blows this projection out, and THEN I could very likely see him leaving.

A FAR better place for him to go (and for us, as they would be more likely to put a buyback or price match into play contractually wise) is Borussia Dortmund, where he could be their LW, with Sancho on the right and Raphaël Guerreiro moving back to his natural LB position as Marcel Schmelzer will be 32yo in middle of next season.

At Bayern they already have a potential WC LW (as long as he stays healthy, which has been his main issue) in Kingsley Coman, as well as Serge Gnabry, plus another 18yo wundekind in Alphonso Davies, who they just bought from Vancouver.

Unless he is oki with being a RW, he has a huge battle there for LW playing time. From all I have seen, CHO is far more effective at LW.

I think this is what it really comes down to with CHO.  If he said he wanted to leave for more playing time and was talking about Levekusen, or Liepzig or something like that, it would be less of a discussion point.

I put this in the Luiz thread though because this is the kind of thing that endears him further to me.  He's right, you can't just walk in to the starting XI at a club like this at 18.  Work on your game instead of worrying about moves.