Spike

47 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Who has the most record? For Executive order. 

Edit: nvm I saw it in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders

Well nevermind then :lol: Unless Trump becomes a Tyrant (in which he won't need executive orders)

On 1/20/2017 at 7:54 PM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Alt Right leader was attacked today at the inauguration too

Here he was in happier times:

a802f79bf59019436f1b3f5267c16c91e5ef69c0

On 1/21/2017 at 2:57 AM, CHOULO19 said:

On a different note, I have been unable to stop watching this GIF for hours now. 

Mark_Spencer.gif

Interventions are welcomed! 

While it couldn't have happened against a more deserving person, this really shouldn't have happened and the person that blind-sided him should be ashamed. To violently act against a person with opposing or radical political opinions is quite possible the stupidest thing to do, not only does it paint Spencer as a victim but it helps legitimise his claims. You do not get to punch people in the face just because you disagree with them. Might does not make right and this action is a step-backwards for anybody that is actually opposing Spencer.

In one stupid, stupid act, one man emboldened Spencer and his followers.

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Although it could conversely be said it has emboldened anti-fascists everywhere...

Fascism? This has nothing to do with fascism, but an offshoot of white-ethnocentrism that believes that western society can only be propagated by people of western-European ethnicity and that cultural assimilation and integration is impossible. How does this embolded those that stand against Spencer? That violence is okay? That those with opposing view points can be silenced with threats and acts of violence? That is immoral and could be described as pseudo-authoritarianism.

The concept of fascism has been beaten to death.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I work as a barista at Starbucks; a company that paints itself in a very socially responsible manner. A customer had asked for a hot coffee refill, which is about a quarter of the regular price. I had placed a new lid on top of his cup which caused him to remark something along the lines of 'I already have a lid, I'm trying to reduce waste'. That statement got me thinking quite a lot, it was a rather innocuous statement but it stood out like a sore thumb. So the mam bought about a half-litre of black cofee; brewed on an electric drip, ground on an electric grinder, the beans were wrapped in a thick plastic bag, shipped to the store in a large cardboard container on a gas guzzling truck, shipped to a depot on an even larger truck, shipped from south-America on a cargo plane or a cargo ship, roasted in a huge electric oven, picked by Colombian farmers that drove to work in their 1992 Chevrolet pick-up and watered with megatons of water. No only that but the customer drove to the store on his motorbike. I think a plastic lid is the least of the worries.

In one paragraph you summed-up the whole problem !!

Additionally, it reminds me of a humoristic video made on a French television which really sounds/looks like your story. Here is the link. It is in French, by you do not need to speak the language to understand what is going around. The tall bald man is obviously the ultra ecolo who love to consume "green" and to brague about it while the second one is a "redneck" and does not care about the environnement. This is hilarious !

P.S. sorry for the quality could not find better — it is very old

P.S.2. the second part is the first played again

15 minutes ago, Peace. said:

In one paragraph you summed-up the whole problem !!

Additionally, it reminds me of a humoristic video made on a French television which really sounds/looks like your story. Here is the link. It is in French, by you do not need to speak the language to understand what is going around. The tall bald man is obviously the ultra ecolo who love to consume "green" and to brague about it while the second one is a "redneck" and does not care about the environnement. This is hilarious !

P.S. sorry for the quality could not find better — it is very old

P.S.2. the second part is the first played again

pardon, mon frere, je n'ais parle pas francais

52 minutes ago, Spike said:

pardon, mon frere, je n'ais parle pas francais

It goes on this way :

• narrator : "we have followed two men. Bernard Rambard, a man totally insensible to this noble cause (ecology) and Jérome Ludion, an ecologist aware of his responsibilities. While Bernard Rambard comes out of a bath too hot and cooks his meal on a old gas stove, Gérome ludion respects the environment." 
  • Jérome Ludion ("Ecologist", green counter) : "Thanks to my solar panels, I could power up a pump that has pumped up the water from the well, heat it up [for the shower] and power up the electric hotplate for my tofu. End result : no CO2."
  • Narrator : "Indeed, by using this simple device [solar panel] that cost him only 20 000 euros, Jérome contributes to the survival of our planet."
  • Narrator : "While Bertrand Rambard is searching for a job with is his old diesel car which puts in danger our children's future, Jérome Ludion thinks ahead when going to work."
  • Jérome Ludion ("Ecologist", green counter) : "With my car is a hybrid, I only produce 3 kg of CO2 per day. Well indeed I had to take the time to make the calculation, but what do represent a few hours of effort in comparison to the millions of years that it took to create fossil oil ?!"
  • Narrator : "While Bertrand Rambard eats meat, thus intensive farming, thus maize, thus fertilizers, thus trucks, thus oil — Jérome Ludion takes his responsibilities."
  • Jérome Ludion ("Ecologist", green counter) : "I have exiged to the board to include a bio meal on the canteen menu for every day. End result, a meal composed of vegetables and cereals hand-picked in cooperatives labelled 'fair trade'. The finality is little CO2 — yeah, we have to know want we want."
  • Narrator : "While Bertrand Rambard is bored to death during the weekend while watching TV, Jérome Ludion goes to enjoy the sun in Morocco."
  • Jérome Ludion : "With all the effors I produce, I deserve to breath from time to time."
  • Narrator (while the green counter goes through the roof) : "The morality of this story is that in order to fight against the global warming, it is sometimes better to be poor and irresponsible than being rich and ecologist."

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Fascism? This has nothing to do with fascism, but an offshoot of white-ethnocentrism that believes that western society can only be propagated by people of western-European ethnicity and that cultural assimilation and integration is impossible. How does this embolded those that stand against Spencer? That violence is okay? That those with opposing view points can be silenced with threats and acts of violence? That is immoral and could be described as pseudo-authoritarianism.

The concept of fascism has been beaten to death.

Many of those Alt Right twats are regularly photographed giving Nazi salutes. They idolise Hitler. As for this Spencer and his followers, they deserve a slap.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

While it couldn't have happened against a more deserving person, this really shouldn't have happened and the person that blind-sided him should be ashamed. To violently act against a person with opposing or radical political opinions is quite possible the stupidest thing to do, not only does it paint Spencer as a victim but it helps legitimise his claims. You do not get to punch people in the face just because you disagree with them. Might does not make right and this action is a step-backwards for anybody that is actually opposing Spencer.

In one stupid, stupid act, one man emboldened Spencer and his followers.

Legitimize his claims? He was punched while giving an interview to fucking NBC!

You think THIS emboldened him and his followers? They were already making Nazi salutes in the middle of DC! 

Here is Spencer himself explaining why it was good to punch him in the face:

“I am worried about going out to dinner on an average Tuesday because these people are roaming around” and “I’m afraid this is going to become the meme to end all memes. That I’m going to hate watching this.”

Of course it's good to have your Nazis scared and humiliated. Nazis don't disagree with people's opinions, they disagree with their very existence. You don't counter people who call for ethnic cleansing with reason; there is nothing rational about their beliefs in the first place.

Sorry, but if you sympathize with Spencer or feel that in any way HE is the victim then that says a lot about you and how you view Nazis.

The vast majority of people who are outraged by this have never had to actually resist oppression in their lives. Imagine telling a Jew to deal with Nazis peacefully!!

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Agree with what youre saying Peace, but its too easy to fall into the trap of putting the emphasis on the individual.  I don't recycle because a) The supermarkets need to stop encasing their products in so much packaging ( quite often I take off the packaging and leave it in the trolley) and b )  I found out that a lot of the rubbish in recycling bins where I live, they just deposit in landfill anyway.

The bigger picture is the 3.4 trillion dollars given as tax breaks to oil and fossil fuel corporations. This is because governments and their donors are major shareholders. If the same tax breaks were given to Green energy initiatives, the planet would start to become a lot cleaner. Like most things it comes down to greed and money.

Saw a programme a few years ago saying that the reason farmers get fuck all for their milk is because the plastic containers cost so much. You see well intentioned people going to recycle centres at the weekend where there's massive queues so they have to wait ages while all the time having their engines going and inadvertently damaging the environment with their car fumes.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The bigger picture is the 3.4 trillion dollars given as tax breaks to oil and fossil fuel corporations. This is because governments and their donors are major shareholders. If the same tax breaks were given to Green energy initiatives, the planet would start to become a lot cleaner. Like most things it comes down to greed and money.

Agreed. At this point it is impossible to go pre-industrial because of various reasons, and nobody really wants to because it makes our lives much more comfortable and advanced. You touched the correct subject, not nearly enough funding and resources go to developing green energy technology. There is a clear lack of incentive and even prevention due to greed. Take those trillions from tax breaks and also cut down from unnecessary bs like military expenditures and suddenly you have enough money to develop green energy across the world instead of building nuclear warfare... But this is just a pipe dream, our eyes won't see the day of such utopia.

12 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Legitimize his claims? He was punched while giving an interview to fucking NBC!

You think THIS emboldened him and his followers? They were already making Nazi salutes in the middle of DC! 

Here is Spencer himself explaining why it was good to punch him in the face:

“I am worried about going out to dinner on an average Tuesday because these people are roaming around” and “I’m afraid this is going to become the meme to end all memes. That I’m going to hate watching this.”

Of course it's good to have your Nazis scared and humiliated. Nazis don't disagree with people's opinions, they disagree with their very existence. You don't counter people who call for ethnic cleansing with reason; there is nothing rational about their beliefs in the first place.

Sorry, but if you sympathize with Spencer or feel that in any way HE is the victim then that says a lot about you and how you view Nazis.

The vast majority of people who are outraged by this have never had to actually resist oppression in their lives. Imagine telling a Jew to deal with Nazis peacefully!!

I do not sympathise with Spencer and I would appreciate it if you don't imply that I do. He was punched from behind, he was the victim; but just because he was a victim of one incident doesn't mean I sympathise or empathise with him. In fact I fully empathise with the attacker, do I agree with what they have done? No. Do I completely understand? Yes. Do I believe that attacking someone that disagree with you is okay? No, I do not. If you knew that I hated Lebanese people and was totally convinced in my beliefs does it bestow the right for you to attack me? No it doesn't, the situation would be different however, if I had made it clear that I intended to hurt you or anyone else than it would be a different song and dance. 

Spencer is an insignificant fly. He amounts to nothing, he is nothing. This incident doesn't amount to anything good. Judging by the language he is using this has only strengthened his 'us vs them' mentality and is causing him to further retreat into the gaping holes of his ideology. Cretins, creatures and Nazis can be reformed but not through violence. No man will ever realise the err of his ways if the only comeuppance he receives is the whip.

He is allowed to be a Nazi under the 1st amendment and silencing any opinion not matter hot irrational or inconceivable through violence is immoral, even if the free speech itself is immoral. I would say that >99.99% of America's population isn't a Nazi and it isn't due to threats of violence, it is because the ideology has been dissected, destroyed and ultimately rejected the American people. He can spout nonsense all he likes as long as he doesn't directly or indirectly harm any person. We in fact try in to live in a civilised society and even the most stupidest amongst us deserve a voice no matter what it carries. Free speech doesn't carry if ands or buts, either you can have the freedom or you cannot.

He isn't a Nazi anyway. Just because he likes to cosplay and pretend like the Third Reich amounted to anything more than a stain on human history doesn't make him a Nazi. He is an Alt-Rightest and should be treated as such

I don't need to imagine telling a Jew anything, nor should you speak for Jews. I can even name you a single Jew that agrees with me; Ben Shapiro. Whether you like the man or not is irrelevant but the fact remains he is an Orthodox Jew. 

Trump needs to be careful with this wall thang. China has just bought Brazils whole national power grid- not just for economic gain, but political influence. If Trump escalates things Mexico could have Chinese warships off its coast, missile bases....

9 hours ago, Spike said:

I do not sympathise with Spencer and I would appreciate it if you don't imply that I do. He was punched from behind, he was the victim; but just because he was a victim of one incident doesn't mean I sympathise or empathise with him. In fact I fully empathise with the attacker, do I agree with what they have done? No. Do I completely understand? Yes. Do I believe that attacking someone that disagree with you is okay? No, I do not. If you knew that I hated Lebanese people and was totally convinced in my beliefs does it bestow the right for you to attack me? No it doesn't, the situation would be different however, if I had made it clear that I intended to hurt you or anyone else than it would be a different song and dance. 

Read that part again.

He's a fucking Nazi. Do you know what that means? Do you know what is at the core of Nazi ideology? Ethnic cleansing. If you subscribe to an ideology that has committed genocide against my people then you're damn right I'll knock you out at every chance I have!

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Spencer is an insignificant fly. He amounts to nothing, he is nothing. This incident doesn't amount to anything good. Judging by the language he is using this has only strengthened his 'us vs them' mentality and is causing him to further retreat into the gaping holes of his ideology. Cretins, creatures and Nazis can be reformed but not through violence. No man will ever realise the err of his ways if the only comeuppance he receives is the whip.

Have you been following what's going on? Have you not seen the effect neo-Nazi had in the  election? Have you not had a look Trump's cabinet? People like Spencer have gained considerable power in the past year and it's exactly because people started accepting their genocidal views as 'differences in opinions' because of Trump.

9 hours ago, Spike said:

He is allowed to be a Nazi under the 1st amendment and silencing any opinion not matter hot irrational or inconceivable through violence is immoral, even if the free speech itself is immoral. I would say that >99.99% of America's population isn't a Nazi and it isn't due to threats of violence, it is because the ideology has been dissected, destroyed and ultimately rejected the American people. He can spout nonsense all he likes as long as he doesn't directly or indirectly harm any person. We in fact try in to live in a civilised society and even the most stupidest amongst us deserve a voice no matter what it carries. Free speech doesn't carry if ands or buts, either you can have the freedom or you cannot.

You think the Nazi ideology was defeated by 'dissecting' it?!! :fainthv9:

I'm stunned that I even have to remind you that the Nazi died because it was bombed into destruction, mostly by the Soviet Union, in WW2 after millions of innocent people were killed. Shall we wait for that to happen again before we start fighting Nazism?

Free speech is not absolute. You're not allowed to preach ISIS ideology and you shouldn't be allowed to spread Nazi beliefs. Just because the state chooses protect one of those two doesn't make it any more legitimate than the other. If you come to spread either in my community I will punch you in the face.

9 hours ago, Spike said:

He isn't a Nazi anyway. Just because he likes to cosplay and pretend like the Third Reich amounted to anything more than a stain on human history doesn't make him a Nazi. He is an Alt-Rightest and should be treated as such

Yes, because if history has taught us anything, it is to take Nazi lightly. They're always much nicer than they seem.. :rolleyes: 

9 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't need to imagine telling a Jew anything, nor should you speak for Jews. I can even name you a single Jew that agrees with me; Ben Shapiro. Whether you like the man or not is irrelevant but the fact remains he is an Orthodox Jew. 

Fuck right off! :lol: Don't feign insult because you don't have a point to make!

I nor anyone speaks for Jews.Every Jew and every person subject to oppression has the right to choose how to resist, be it peacefully or violently, as long as it's aimed at their oppressor. You're the one telling Jewish people they can't punch a Nazi.