The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Moyes wanted retrospective action against diving......then Rooney dives and Bastian gets sent off

:clap:

Apparently what happened is that Schwienstiger was 'unlucky' to get sent off. If it were anyone other than Rooney then it would have been the kind of diving that is destroying football.

There was actually a Vidic one that was actually worse a few minutes before where he and Mandzukic jumped for an aerial ball and he went down clutching his face as if he'd been elbowed in the nose but in fact Mandzukic barely touched his chin. Absolutely disgraceful attempts by united to get Bayern players sent off.

Apparently what happened is that Schwienstiger was 'unlucky' to get sent off. If it were anyone other than Rooney then it would have been the kind of diving that is destroying football.

There was actually a Vidic one that was actually worse a few minutes before where he and Mandzukic jumped for an aerial ball and he went down clutching his face as if he'd been elbowed in the nose but in fact Mandzukic barely touched his chin. Absolutely disgraceful attempts by united to get Bayern players sent off.

Come on 19. It was not as bad as you pictured it, then.

Fuck Bayern, I would say.

I don't think bayern are "weaker". If anything, their squad is "stronger".

The problem is pep here. From a very balanced, direct play team, he has changed them to a tiking and taakaing bunch of footballers. I mean its a different thing playing muller as a false 9 against a small german team with gotze and alcantara/kroos continously swapping positions. But yesterday, they played muller as a proper striker ahead of mandzukic. Idiotic. That's all I can say.

Bayern are definitely not going to change this style of play, atleast not under pep the overrated.

Come on 19. It was not as bad as you pictured it, then.

Fuck Bayern, I would say.

Bayern were actually worse. Robben with a couple of his typical dives and Boateng's acting and rolling around after that Valencia challenge was worthy of an Oscar.

But you'd expect that from a Pep side, not from the "ambassadors of English football" :rolleyes:

Bayern got what they deserved. Robben clearly dived against Arsenal....Rooney dived against Bayern, payback

Bayern got what they deserved. Robben clearly dived against Arsenal....Rooney dived against Bayern, payback

Doesn't really work like that. Two wrongs don't make a right. The solution would be to have retrospective bans on dives then no one would dive.

Bayern were actually worse. Robben with a couple of his typical dives and Boateng's acting and rolling around after that Valencia challenge was worthy of an Oscar.

But you'd expect that from a Pep side, not from the "ambassadors of English football" :rolleyes:

I am not sure whether Pep was seriously being considered for Chelsea´s coaching, but I am in heaven not to see him with Chelsea. This man, plays the most boring football around. One of the reasons, I always despised Barca was because of their styles. I even can accept Chelsea´s bus tours, but his possession tactics, just bores me to tears.

Yeah, the elbow was more of a brush than a full on forceful whack in the face.

Rooney knew it too when Bastian faced him up.

I am not sure whether Pep was seriously being considered for Chelsea´s coaching, but I am in heaven not to see him with Chelsea. This man, plays the most boring football around. One of the reasons, I always despised Barca was because of their styles. I even can accept Chelsea´s bus tours, but his possession tactics, just bores me to tears.

Lack flexibility and pragmatism. Somehow, he's turned the best squad in Europe into a relatively easily defended against team. Last year's Bayern were unstoppable; far from it this year.

Lack flexibility and pragmatism. Somehow, he's turned the best squad in Europe into a relatively easily defended against team. Last year's Bayern were unstoppable; far from it this year.

That´s exactly how I feel about his shitty tactics. Also, do not forget, the german league became even weaker in this season. Dortmund or Schalke are just two jokers now. I would not be too surprised to see Real popping 3-4 tonight. A little payback for last season?

Doesn't really work like that. Two wrongs don't make a right. The solution would be to have retrospective bans on dives then no one would dive.

I recall Gary Neville discussing retrospective bans on MNF....the problem is, how do you tell the difference between two dives (based on the situation in the game) and what's the appropriate punishment.... 1 match or 3 matches or even more?

I recall Gary Neville discussing retrospective bans on MNF....the problem is, how do you tell the difference between two dives (based on the situation in the game) and what's the appropriate punishment.... 1 match or 3 matches or even more?

Well that would be for a committee of referees to discuss and decide on before making the law. The point is, once you make the law, the case won't happen too often because diving would simply not be worth it anymore. In Italy, for example, they have a three match retrospective ban for deliberate hand balls. Last season, Miroslav Klose accidentally scores a goal with his hand against Napoli, the ref gives it, so Miroslav goes to the ref and tells him that he's scored it with his hand and asks him to disallow it and the ref does.

Wow, that's huge! I expect them to appeal, but honestly they have no case. They broke the rules big time and deserve the punishment.

It seems the title is between Athletico and Real next season if this is true.

PS: My initial reaction to this was:

BkNd_3-IMAAnLws.jpg