Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough game. They are a different animal at home and this is their season on the line pretty much. If they drop points here they are definitely out of the title race.

Anyone know if Kompany is fit for this one?

We should play on the counter (Valencia style), hoping for a draw at least.

It will be an interesting test for RDM's tactics. So far, for the four games he had managed, we were all out attacking whilst we will have to defend and attempt to keep possession against City. (As Bir_h rightly said: Valencia style)

I think this will be a score draw. 2-2 perhaps. City are licking wounds and have a point to prove; on the other hand we are absolutely buzzing, playing with terrific confidence and ability, and we are totally reinvigorated under RDM. Makes for an interesting game. I think it will be very open, but City are certainly not the team they were even a couple of months ago. Thankfully, neither are we. Drogba will be the difference.

Just re-watched the Napoli game , and to be frank we were brilliant in terms of personality , determination and spirit but wasn't that brilliant as a unit defensively nor did we have an extra spark or enough creativity attacking wise as our approach was simply cross the ball into their box and while that's understandable due to Napoli's obvious struggles in the air but during some moments we still fell short in the creativity area .

Other than that game, we have won 1-0 against 10 men stoke and two champion-ship sides .. which is not as impressive as some make it sound , Certainly we are buzzing atm and the players' spirit is up to the sky but lose against City and Tottenham and we are back to where we finished with AVB except that we will be with no good manager as well.

So this game along with the spurs game IMO will have a MASSIVE effect on our season , and unfortunately in terms of players and team quality we might fall short compared to both teams so our best bet will be a repeat of the live or die attitude the players had against Napoli , we need to make sure that we are that side who wanted it more and showed that on the field.

Within the next 5 days we might know whether our season has already collapsed or if we are to finish this transitional , full of disappointments season with a big smile on our faces.

Best I'm expect is a draw, but hoping for a pleasant surprise. This game is crucial for City, as Badboy said they'll throw the kitchen sink at us, hopefully we stay disciplined enough to keep tight defensively and counter effectively. Kompany will still be out for this game, so they are exploitable at the back.

We'll probably get hammered here. I'm sorry for being so negative but City are going for the league here and I can't see us beating them again. I really hope we do but they are going to throw the kitchen sink at us, I can just feel it.

They're goin fot the league, we're goin for our lives....they're fukkd!

3 points, got a feeling we can get the 3 points away, they are on the ropes at the moment, pressure is on them, they have fell 4 points behind united now, and through there team what one of them has one the prem and know what its like to win it ? they may have the fire power but do they have what it takes ?? cech in goal, terry at the back, lampard in the middle drogba up top we have the spin that knows how to win the prem. But what ever the score just aslong as we play with passion, CAREFREE