Chelsea vs Napoli

BlueLion.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! This international partnership is great, let's hope it will work as best as possible!

But everyone likes pasta :(

The thing with Inter was, Mourinho had it already instilled into them that they were invincible. From what I've seen over on the Napoli forum, their manager isn't the best going around plus they have a shaky defence. If we get an early goal we can make them extremely nervous, but if we don't, they'll grow in confidence throughout the match. It's also up to the crowd who're attending on Thursday, to make a lot of sustained noise, chanting etc. and intimidate them.

That's not completely true. Last year we've had the second defence of the Serie A and this year we're getting back to this standard. If you give a look at our scores from October 2009(when Mazzarri substituted Donadoni as manager)we rarely conceded more than two goals - we conceded 3 only in five occasions.

We the supporters really respect Chelsea and we never felt as we already passed the leg. But I'm seeing the team playing a great football, we won the last six matches even when we played not as good as usually. We conceded three goals to Cagliari on Friday, but this has happened when we were 3-0, 5-1 and 6-2. Mistakes we made are very very difficult to be repeaten in such an important match.

By the way...respect to Chelsea. :)

You Napolitans are too afraid. We're not that good, we're not Barcelona!

We write off our own team easily because we know Chelsea intimately but fans of other clubs don't know Chelsea as well as do.

Some of the fear present with the Jose Mourinho era probably still lingers.

It's been at the most 2 years since our name last struck fear into the hearts of all across Europe. But I suppose for Napoli fans, being this far in the Champions League is new to them and they look at us as a club thats always been there or thereabouts and automatically assume we're still one of the best teams in Europe.

It's been at the most 2 years since our name last struck fear into the hearts of all across Europe. But I suppose for Napoli fans, being this far in the Champions League is new to them and they look at us as a club thats always been there or thereabouts and automatically assume we're still one of the best teams in Europe.

But now we are not....

Ezequiel Lavezzi heads to Chelsea with his – and Napoli's – confidence soaring

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/12/ezequiel-lavezzi-napoli-chelsea

We write off our own team easily because we know Chelsea intimately but fans of other clubs don't know Chelsea as well as do.

Some of the fear present with the Jose Mourinho era probably still lingers.

Right it looks like I've solved the mystery. Napolitans are superstitious and predict misery in the hope that good luck will be on their side and vice versa; those who predict good things cause misery.

We will have to be 'Arsenal lucky' to qualify for the next round.

Whatever, cmon Chelsea!! :D

Right it looks like I've solved the mystery. Napolitans are superstitious and predict misery in the hope that good luck will be on their side and vice versa; those who predict good things cause misery.

:lol: i've noticed this too

But now we are not....

Ezequiel Lavezzi heads to Chelsea with his – and Napoli's – confidence soaring

http://www.guardian....-napoli-chelsea

Ah well, it wouldn't be a Chelsea game if a certain player who had difficulties before is in great form and will make our lives miserable... <_<