Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Chelsea don't want him. If we wanted him we would have bought him a long time, like we just did with Courteois and Romeu.

Well if the Chelsea staff don't want him they are making a big mistake imho. I am not a RC Genk fan, but I'm very much impressed by Kevin De Bruyne's skills. I think he's got a bigger future ahead of him than Romelu Lukaku, although I have to admit I'm quite curious to see how Lukaku will develop himself at Chelsea. I mean... he will be training along side Drogba!!! Even I would improve my skills if I was given this opportunity :D

I'm very happy to see Chelsea has its sight set on a few promising Belgian players like Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne and.. who knows.. the duke of Hazard himself: Eden Hazard! But I feel it would be a big mistake not to buy De Bruyne.

Pity he's injured now though :(

Heard De Bruyne is a right winger, not sure if that's true though?

He always played as a playmaker in the youth teams of RC Genk and AA Ghent, when he was dropped in the first team the manager put him on the left side because he has paste and technique. This turned out to be a good call because he's now the best leftwinger in Belgium.

But he's rightfooted, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he can play right side aswell.

So AMC, AML or AMR.. this is the kind of player I would like to have in my team if I were a manager.

He's a bit unlucky the Belgian national team has a few good wingers at the moment.. I mean.. lads like Eden Hazard (Lille), Moussa Dembélé (Fulham), Dries Mertens (PSV) or Chadli (FC Twente) would prove to be quite the competition for lots of players

Have we actually been linked to him recently? i know a couple a months ago we were, but i'm not sure we are now.

I don't know about the English media, but in Belgium people kept linking him to Chelsea, although it's true things have calmed down a bit since the start of july

I don't know about the English media, but in Belgium people kept linking him to Chelsea, although it's true things have calmed down a bit since the start of july

I hope we do get him though. What would you say his best position is?

I hope we do get him though. What would you say his best position is?

AMC, just behind a striker or two strikers.

Not because I have seen him play at this position, but because he states himself it's his favorite position and he claims he's at his best when he can play like this.

But having seen him play on the leftwing for quite some time now.. he's got everything a modern winger needs. He could and should work on his crosses perhaps, but still.. I've seen him deliver a few balls with clinical accuracy. I've looked for a certain video on Youtube where he made an absolute brilliant pass, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find it. I forgot against which team they were playing :(

Genk announced he has a torn calf muscle, out for four to six weeks.

http://www.krcgenk.be/nl/nieuws/show/de-bruyne-vier-tot-zes-weken-out/578

Kevin De Bruyne has further investigate Monday night in hospital undergoing Genk.The verdict has already been a heavy.

After appropriate investigation, a tear in a calf muscle and a few small tears in the ligament between the calf and shin down.

This means that Kevin De Bruyne least 4 to 6 weeks employable.

He does seem to have a hammer of a right foot.

In 5 years I would love to see Debruyn, Lukaku and sturridge upfront with mcechran, mikel/Ramirez and Kakuta in midfield and bertand/PVA, Luiz, Chalobah, A young RB, and thibault cortouis

That's a young team captained by Luiz and has sexy football written all over it

I still can't understand why we haven't made this kid our top priority. AVB has used the pre-season to assess the squad and after the assessment, if he still can't recognize what everyone, from pundits to neutral fans consider the main weakness in this team which is the lack of width/quality wingers then I don't know what to say.

Surely with the injury it means he couldn't pass any medicals if we do get a deal? Or does it?

I remember Villa signing Downing when he was injured when he was at Boro, surely we could do the same?

And if not, i guess we could wait for the January window that is if we are actually chasing for him, or is apart of our plans.

On another note, doesn't Piazon play there?

Every time i've seen him play, he was on the left wing.

From what I have seen of Piazon, he's far from De Bryune's level. I have no doubt he would improve with time but he's not ready to play first team football for us.