Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

That's hardly indicative of a player's quality or superiority

Welkbeck is above Sturridge in the NT, Robinho above Hulk, Higuain above Aguero until recently and of course the ground jewel of them all Heskey above Darren bent in the NT (until recently)

Which is why I said it worries me and asked how the Belgian members feel on this..

And most of the time it does say something about the player's quality.

The one thing that worries me about him is that Dries Mertens is above him in the pecking order (Belgian NT). Mertens is a pretty good player but I'll be very, very surprised if he becomes a world-class player.. And if De Bruyne isn't better than Mertens now, he's in no way worthy of being a starter at Chelsea.

What do you think about this Hamilton (or any other Belgian member)?

I think De Bruyne had some bad lucks with his health (and form cause of it), he had a major fever last year, not playing for at least 4 months when he was on form.. Now he has that bad injury on his leg, missing 6 weeks.. So he didn't really had the chance to be in the Belgian squad.. I'm not sure he's down Mertens in the pecking order, could be though.. But i think the potentional of De Bruyne is bigger, but he needs to step up like Lukaku, play in harder league to get better even more. Should work on his strenght imo though if he wants to make it in the EPL..

You think Mertens is at his top now at PSV? He allready looks to becoming a fans favorite (altough i only seen the highlights atm). This guy played in second divison 2 or 3 years ago..

I think De Bruyne had some bad lucks with his health (and form cause of it), he had a major fever last year, not playing for at least 4 months when he was on form.. Now he has that bad injury on his leg, missing 6 weeks.. So he didn't really had the chance to be in the Belgian squad.. I'm not sure he's down Mertens in the pecking order, could be though.. But i think the potentional of De Bruyne is bigger, but he needs to step up like Lukaku, play in harder league to get better even more. Should work on his strenght imo though if he wants to make it in the EPL..

You think Mertens is at his top now at PSV? He allready looks to becoming a fans favorite (altough i only seen the highlights atm). This guy played in second divison 2 or 3 years ago..

Good to hear.

On Mertens, I wouldn't say PSV is his top but I don't see him playing for Chelsea or Utd (as a starter) in the future. Of course you can't predict things like this but he (his talent) doesn't blow me away. Dembele for instance was more impressive than him in his time in Holland imo.

That's hardly indicative of a player's quality or superiority

Welkbeck is above Sturridge in the NT, Robinho above Hulk, Higuain above Aguero until recently and of course the crown jewel of them all Heskey above Darren bent and defoe in the NT (until recently)

No need to search examples in national teams or wherever. You have just to look what happened last year... I mean, Kalou over Sturridge :rolleyes:

No need to search examples in national teams or wherever. You have just to look what happened last year... I mean, Kalou over Sturridge :rolleyes:

lol .Any manager that places kalou above sturridge in the pecking order deserves a sack. . .just for that outrageous judgment alone

De Bruyne claims Chelsea move is close

De Bruyne told Extra Time: "My manager went to Chelsea on Wednesday and discussions have been good. The opportunity is there. I have a feeling I should do this and I always choose what I feel.

http://www.espn.co.u...tml?CMP=OTC-RSS

%28Y%29.gif

If Boas stays - the tactic is. We buy a winger now..Mata/Hazard..with Malouda on bench. Next year De Bruyne turns 20, we get rid of crappy ol' Malouda and we got two super players.(If De Bruyne is a winger(atleast I read he was) or I'm mistaken.

We should give him a chance at least. Then if he doesn't really adapt then send him on loan! But I don't see us close to signing any wingers right now (don't think we'll sign either Mata or Hazard) so why not give him a go. Surely he can't be worse than Kalouda

how bad is his injury? how bad is his injury?

4-6 weeks but that was mentioned 10 days ago so he'll be out for about a month

Lets wait for our club final decisions, eh?

yeh I know... but I can't really see us signing them. hope the club will prove me wrong though