Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Kevin de Bruyne

BlueLion.
Followers 2

yea he needs to stay here and grow. lets all assume oscar stays, not hulk, just oscar becuse last time i checked they were different people! mikel-lamps/// hazard-mata-oscar///torres is a nice starting eleven, maybe too offensive but can be used against some big teams as measuring stick but especially against the bottom teams where we simply couldnt unlock. wba,aston villa, everton, just a few of teams where physicality wasnt the answer.

then we have likes of: cahil, bertrand, new rb, rambo, kdb, marin and mierles on bench. look alright to me, a new rw of the krasic/walcot type is ok for they would be on bench and provide competition. although i would prefer a smaller squad everyone playing than big squad and everyone clamoring for games.

Dude, We haven't even signed Oscar yet.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Christ's sake, how many times will we have to go through this...?! Hazard earns 540 000 fucking EUROS per month, which does 135k euros per week = £116k at the current exchange rate. All French-spe

The only way KDB is gonna get back in the Chelsea lineup is by actually playing well, something he hasn't done since this summer.

I stayed away from this topic as long as I could — and hopped to do so for the upcoming months — but I am too bothered by what's going on in this topic. And, Choulo, if I'm quoting you on this, it's n

Posted Images

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/332648/Chelsea-set-to-loan-Kevin-De-Bruyne-and-Romelu-Lukaku-to-Werder-Bremen

They have KDB and Lukaku going on loan to Werder Bremen. Not sure if this is true, but it does seem very likely that both players will go out on loan. Bremen would be a good place for them if they get playing time although I don't really care much where they go as long as A) it's a decent quality B) They get to play regularly.

Nice to hear he had a good game, hope to see some footage of it in the next days, i'm on vacation, so not really have the time to search..

Go to the download section of this site. The whole match is about .5 GIG but that isn't too much.

Here you go, chief:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/14052-downloads-seattle-sounders-v-chelsea/page__pid__462394#entry462394

Nice to hear he had a good game, hope to see some footage of it in the next days, i'm on vacation, so not really have the time to search..

Kevin came on for the 2nd half but 1st half worth watching too as Lukaku scored and Hazard scored his first goal in chelsea colours :blue scalf: i was pleasantly surprised by how sharp they looked considering it was the first game of the pre-season tour.

Don't think he was that good.

Not good enough in the Wing position, and taking spot in the CM which we are good with Lampard and Meireles till one gets sold, and not to mention the incoming Oscar.

So just from this game I think he merits a loan, but lets wait and see how the rest of the pre season goes.

He played better than I expected him to yesterday. For a young player, he looked very experienced, and he didn't look as "heavy" as I had thought him to be. It's probably not a bad idea to keep him around for the season OR to send him on loan. He'll probably get some minutes if he stuck around, but like Waterfall said, he should also do well if he went on loan. Maybe we should keep Benayoun for this season and send de Bruyne on loan.

Is it only me that thinks he is a better fit for a CM rather than a wide player? He is very calm with the ball and moves very well in the middle. I dont think he is pacey enough to be a wide player.

Is it only me that thinks he is a better fit for a CM rather than a wide player? He is very calm with the ball and moves very well in the middle. I dont think he is pacey enough to be a wide player.

Even when he was deployed wide before kakuta came in, he was naturally drifting to the center.

• Like 1

Like I said in the match-topic :

I can see him evolving to that position as well. I'm a Genk-fan (his previous club). He played out wide most of the time with Genk because there's wasn't a real alternative on the left side and he came into the squad in that position.

Last season he ended the season in the central midfield role and really started to excel. Played like a deep-lying playmaker but also was decisive on the other end of the pitch. Journalists described him as being a level or 3 higher than the rest of players in the Belgian league at that moment. His passing and vision in that position is really good.

Although you shouldn't underestimate his pace, it's good enough to go past his opponent. But yes, he should evolve into a central midfielder as that's his best position.

• Like 1

I agree he's better in the middle but that doesn't mean he couldn't do a job out wide too and I don't see his pace as a problem. Primarily he should be used as a CM to get the best out of his passing abilities and vision as well as that mean shot of his. Granted his shooting was way off against Seattle but usually it's better and I think he was just under a lot of pressure to impress RDM with some wondergoal when he saw all the other new players and Lukaku scoring in the first half. :D

Hopefully he gets more chances during pre-season and if Di Matteo thinks he's not ready to take a place in the squad then a loan it is, and I'm sure De Bruyne himself would have no problem with that as long as the club he would go to actually used him and not just sit on the bench which he could do at Chelsea too.

• Like 1