Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He's 4 times better judging on what? A league equivalent to League 1?

Judging on performance, quality and technical ability. Can you remind me the league chicharito was playing in before he came to premier league? it's incredibly stupid to presume failure on what has not already being tested. Chicharito's quality would never have been realised had ferguson adopted the same attitude as yours. . . he's too young, comes from an inferior league and untested, i.e let's loan him out or play him in reserve.

Another tired age argument hey. . .. why I'm I not surprised.

When will people understand that quality supercedes age/experience. How old was wilshere, chicharito, Rooney, ronaldo when they shone in the epl?

Haha did you actually read my post? Where did I say anything about his age?

He probably is better than Malouda, doesn't mean he should actually be our new starting left winger.. We need world-class material. Unless you actually believe he's already at that level.

Judging on performance, quality and technical ability. Can you remind me the league chicharito was playing in before he came to premier league? it's incredibly stupid to presume failure on what has not already being tested. Chicharito's quality would never have been realised had ferguson adopted the same attitude as yours. . . he's too young, comes from an inferior league and untested, i.e let's loan him out or play him in reserve.

But what if he really isn't yet ready to be our first choice winger?

Very true, but what if he plays very poorly and it diminishes his confidence therefore hindering his ability to hit his true potential?

Whereas at Genk he can play in a lot of games, keep happy, progress as a player and gain experience.

I guess there's no way of telling how a player of this age, in such a different league will turn out. Just a very expensive gamble really.

That's why we need Mata/Hazard or somebody world-class who could be first choice and Bruyne being a sub... that's what would be ideal, but we don't seem to be offloading dead meat nor signing anybody. Our wings need an overhaul.. one or two wingers now would be just to merely survive, but in the future every position has to have a future prospect as a often-used sub.

How would we know, if we haven't tried? There's no such thing in life as risk free. What's also to say Hazard or Mata would become instant success at Chelsea?

We do however know that Kevin is hugely talented and already a winner at age 20, He was crucial to Genk's Belgian league title success last season and his regarded as one of the best wingers in Belgium. I'm sure Hamilton can attest to his quality.

How would we know, if we haven't tried? There's no such thing in life as risk free. What's also to say Hazard or Mata would become instant success at Chelsea?

We do however know that Kevin is hugely talented and already a winner at age 20, He was crucial to Genk's Belgian league title success last season and his regarded as one of the best wingers in Belgium. I'm sure Hamilton can attest to his quality.

I understand what you are saying and I don't doubt his quality. It's just the question of what is better for his developement.

If he is going to get a treatment like James Rodriguez then ok, he can stay here.

Very true, but what if he plays very poorly and it diminishes his confidence therefore hindering his ability to hit his true potential?

Whereas at Genk he can play in a lot of games, keep happy, progress as a player and gain experience.

I guess there's no way of telling how a player of this age, in such a different league will turn out. Just a very expensive gamble really.

I understand your point. But if the gamble pays off, it will be highly rewarding. besides Hazard has already ruled out a move away from Lille and Mata's new release clause has pushed his value through the roof. Signing a young talented prospect wouldn't be such a bad idea at this point in time.

I understand your point. But if the gamble pays off, it will be highly rewarding. besides Hazard has already ruled out a move away from Lille and Mata's new release clause has pushed his value through the roof. Signing a young talented prospect wouldn't be such a bad idea at this point in time.

I wouldn't thing twice about paying the €26 Million Euros required for Mata.

What's the source?

If his agent is already talking to us means that we've had a bid accepted...?

Not necessarily. That could only mean Genk are agree to sell their player and have allowed us to talk with him over his contract issue, while we are negociating for the transfer fee.