Stéphane Sessègnon

Tomo

Not a rumour but a personal opinion.

I was at The Bridge against Sunderland and Sessegnon caused havoc in the centre and on the wing, is pretty pacy and skillfull, imo will be a very astute squad signing.

While he isn't world class or a household name, every team challenging for the top has players like this who fits in perfectly to the TEAM, i could see Sessegnon being like Damien Duff in that respect.

But its not just first XL's that win you trophies it's the squad and IMO he would be a very astute squad signing.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. This is how low Chelsea have become. The mentality of the fans has replicated that of the board. Instead of chasing players like Hazard, we now have to settle for players like Sessegnon. We aren't like Liverpool, chasing average players

like Adam, Henderson and Downing. We're Chelsea, one of the world's biggest clubs. We don't settle for average, we want the best. We need a world class starting XI and 13 other players that could slot in with ease. Sessegnon isn't one of them.

Unbelievable. This is how low Chelsea have become. The mentality of the fans has replicated that of the board. Instead of chasing players like Hazard, we now have to settle for players like Sessegnon. We aren't like Liverpool, chasing average players

like Adam, Henderson and Downing. We're Chelsea, one of the world's biggest clubs. We don't settle for average, we want the best. We need a world class starting XI and 13 other players that could slot in with ease. Sessegnon isn't one of them.

That's probably the weirdest thing I've read on this forum in a while. Lampard, Joe Cole, Essien, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda. None of these were 'world class' when we signed them! Least of all Lampard, I was amazed when Ranieri signed him over Milner.. And look how that turned out! Essien was making an impact in France but not a 'world class' one either, we gambled big money and reaped the rewards. Anelka's the biggest signing that everyone thought was average, that paid dividends. Golden Ball in 2008 rings well in my mind.

Not that I'm saying Sessegnon is the player we should consider, but saying we should target already established stars is ignorant to any potential talent that could already be in the league.

Would have Hoillet, best player at Blackburn and is still young and got tons of potential - or even Victor Moses from Wigan, again maybe the best attacking option there too. Both can play on the wings, both young, one is English, and both have potential. Would rather see both Hoilett and Moses or one of them on the bench then players like Malouda and/or Kalou.

That's probably the weirdest thing I've read on this forum in a while. Lampard, Joe Cole, Essien, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda. None of these were 'world class' when we signed them! Least of all Lampard, I was amazed when Ranieri signed him over Milner.. And look how that turned out! Essien was making an impact in France but not a 'world class' one either, we gambled big money and reaped the rewards. Anelka's the biggest signing that everyone thought was average, that paid dividends. Golden Ball in 2008 rings well in my mind.

Not that I'm saying Sessegnon is the player we should consider, but saying we should target already established stars is ignorant to any potential talent that could already be in the league.

I understand, but I don't understand the hype around Sessegnon. I kid you not I was laughing at him last season because of how shit he was. He's only been getting good reviews since MON took over, as are the whole of the Sunderland squad. Where was he before that? He's 27. I'd rather have Hoilett (If he improves), Moses (If he improves) or even Scott Sinclair from this league. I'm not saying we should buy already established stars. I'm saying we shouldn't be targeting the likes of Sessegnon.

I understand, but I don't understand the hype around Sessegnon. I kid you not I was laughing at him last season because of how shit he was. He's only been getting good reviews since MON took over, as are the whole of the Sunderland squad. Where was he before that? He's 27. I'd rather have Hoilett (If he improves), Moses (If he improves) or even Scott Sinclair from this league. I'm not saying we should buy already established stars. I'm saying we shouldn't be targeting the likes of Sessegnon.

Yeah, fair do's, then I do very much agree. Sinclair would never come back (but tbh, I don't rate him so highly to fit with our system). Hoilett, any day!

sigh, how is this "settling", every top squad has players like this in it?

Damien Duff, Antonio Valencia, Edu, Pedro prime examples of you dont have to be world class to slot into a team or a squad, Edu for example played a bigger part in the Arsenal "invincibles" than most people believe, yet he (aswell as Lauren) was considered the weak link.

What if we decided against signing Damien Duff because he was "just" an above average player at an average club? we would have missed out on a pretty good player who helped Robben look even more devestating.

Also if we really want world class and not above average players, then calling for Cahill to replace Luiz in the team is hardly the way to go (not saying you do it but ive seen quite a lot of it).

Sessegnon will be a good signing for us. Yes he wasnot very good last season but he has grown into the game and now makes sunderland more dangerous with his admirable ball holding skills and dribbling pace. had ashley in twist and turns during our game with them. we can buy him as a squad player but i am convinced that he will proof us all wrong.

The problem with Sessegnon is that he's been excellent for Sunderland this season - their best player in my opinion. Sunderland is by no means out of relegation danger, especially if they sold Sessegnon. I certainly agree that he would be a very smart pick for a squad player, but the price we'd have to pay for him is going to be so absurdly inflated at this point in the season... I know it always is in January, but I can't see them letting him go unless we can pull off another Meireles-ambush signing.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You