Our best back four

Tomo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Legend saying Luiz is a Defensive Midfielder comes up again.

Do you sit on here simply to disagree, argue and annoy the fuck out of people!?? Practically 90% of your posts on here are provoking the topic! Chill out and behave!

Cole is the most overrated and should have been dropped months ago. Can't believe you don't mention Terry as a good, consistent defender unde the Roman era

your comments about Cole show that you have little true understanding, He should have been rested more partly to keep him 100% fit

and partly to give Ryan playing time but dropped months ago ....ridiculous.

Do you sit on here simply to disagree, argue and annoy the fuck out of people!?? Practically 90% of your posts on here are provoking the topic! Chill out and behave!

I'm sorry, but isn't that the whole point of this forum and all forums in general: to provoke meaningful discussions? If we were all of the same opinion this forum would be pointless.

I dont think Cole has been that bad, he just set his standards so high in the double season (where he was the best LB in the world by a country mile) which is why he looks bad in comparision if that makes sense.

He has declined in the last couple of years but he is still one of the best lb's in the league, it's just in 09/10 he was so good, well you know where im coming from :lol:

Why oh why are we going on about Luiz changing position's? he is a fucking centre half. He played left back for Benfica twice and they lost 5-0 and 4-1, he nearly got released from Victoria in his younger years for poor performances in defensive midfield. If it was something to explore why the hell hasn't Carlo, AVB, Jorge Jesus, Dunga or Sanchez Flores tried it?

Take your sensible logic, of playing players in their original positions, and be gone! :protest:

I'm sorry, but isn't that the whole point of this forum and all forums in general: to provoke meaningful discussions? If we were all of the same opinion this forum would be pointless.

You, too, take your brilliant & simple logic and get out of here! :protest:

I dont think Cole has been that bad, he just set his standards so high in the double season (where he was the best LB in the world by a country mile) which is why he looks bad in comparision if that makes sense.

He has declined in the last couple of years but he is still one of the best lb's in the league, it's just in 09/10 he was so good, well you know where im coming from :lol:

True but his mistakes this season (most of them defensive) have come not from a dip in form but fatigue imo. Sometimes he looks too tired to make tackle (the image of Glen Johnson walking past him and scoring springs to mind :doh: )

Ashley is naturally not the player he was two years ago in terms of skill but I believe he can perform much better if he is rested properly.

I think Luiz would make an excellent midfielder not only a DM ...but I also think he will develop into one of the worlds best CB.

The problem is he needs confidence, because of his risky style, while he keep making mistakes it will undermine his confidence and it will be a disaster for his career at Chelsea.

Playing in another position he might feel more confortably, because the mistakes are not as lethal.

The problem is he needs confidence, because of his risky style, while he keep making mistakes it will undermine his confidence and it will be a disaster for his career at Chelsea.

Playing in another position he might feel more confortably, because the mistakes are not as lethal.

I doubt confidence is an issue for Luiz.

Who else could get scapegoated by the English media, "experts", every non Chelsea fan and even some Chelsea fans yet still (as we can visually see in videos) turn up to Cobham with a smile on his face and personality to match. His character cannot be in question.

he has confidence to learn from his mistakes. But I must admit his energy is only matched by Ramires and I think his ball control is better tthan Ram

Coke has been average for around 18 months now. Was poor attacking last season but at least he could still defend. Now apparently he's not so good at either. When I say dropped I do not mean he should have been dropped for two months, I mean he should have been dropped for a match. Espiecally after Bertrand impressed Carling Cup. Surely it would be better for Cole, Bertrand and the team short and long term if we rotated them and gave them some competition. I just hate how Cole is seen as an untouchable on the pitch and is therefore seen as an untouchable by fans. He has been poor this season.

Coke has been average for around 18 months now. Was poor attacking last season but at least he could still defend. Now apparently he's not so good at either. When I say dropped I do not mean he should have been dropped for two months, I mean he should have been dropped for a match. Espiecally after Bertrand impressed Carling Cup. Surely it would be better for Cole, Bertrand and the team short and long term if we rotated them and gave them some competition. I just hate how Cole is seen as an untouchable on the pitch and is therefore seen as an untouchable by fans. He has been poor this season.

i guess you must know more than the managers who pick him

I've Aleta thought that Cole needs a breather, like 3 games straight. Cole and Malouda tore up the left side during our historic double. But look at Malouda now, he's not the same, and I feel that sooner or later it.............well............you know. So let's give Cole a break, everybody loves playing time but he needs to see his minuets reduced!! I don't want his legs to be run into the ground and stop producing at 33-34.

Oh and best back four

Ivan-cahilll-JT-Cole/a.perreira?? (hopefully!)