Our best back four

Tomo

Saw this on another forum, our record when we play this back four......

Ivanovic-----David Luiz------Terry------Cole

...... stands at P11 W8 D1 L2 F23 A7 Clean sheets:6

Only West Brom outside the top 6 have scored against us when we have started with that back four.

I really cannot beilieve we have only started with that back four 11 times, yet have started with the Bosingwa----Ivanovic----Terry---Cole combination nearly double that :doh:

Those stats clearly show that back 4 = clean sheets and the sooner we start playing that back 4 on a consistent basis the better.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our best back four by a mile.

AVB was starting to use that back four consistently, then Luiz was out for a couple games, by the time he came back Ivan was injured.

When we had that run of three succesive 3-0 wins (ignoring the Liverpool CC match) looking relitively comftable at the back, guess which bck four we used? I still think Cahill can slot in alongside one of them and we will still be ok,basically no more Bosingwa like LDN said :lol:

When we had that run of three succesive 3-0 wins (ignoring the Liverpool CC match) looking relitively comftable at the back, guess which bck four we used? I still think Cahill can slot in alongside one of them and we will still be ok,basically no more Bosingwa like LDN said :lol:

Exactly, and that Liverpool game 3 changes were made to the back four.

Bosingwa kept making stupid mistakes, and giving the ball away as usual.

Bertrand lost his man on the first goal

And Alex gave away yet another penalty.

It's quite clear our best back four is Ivanovic,Luiz,Terry,Cole. Though I do think if Cahill is given a chance, he can reshuffle that back four - it could only be good for us. It might even settle down Luiz, knowing that he has got a quality player on the bench in Cahill who could easily take his spot.

Even though JT is our club captain I think AVB has to experiment and play Cahill and Ivanovic together as center backs with Luiz right back (possibly) and Cole left back.

JT is a legend for Chelsea but he has been caught out a few times this season so possibly resting him more could see that back four I mentioned above flourish together but we'll never know. Cahill and JT have looked solid together for England as well so I'd be happy to see both pairings tried :D

I hate our back four, always have. All of our defenders are overrated, apart from Cole and Ivanovic. And apart from them two Carvalho and Alex were our only good and consistent defenders since the Roman era imo.

Haven't seen Cahill play much so I don't have an opinion on him but I seriously hope that he's better than Terry or Luiz.

I think this will be the best right now:

Luiz-Cahil-Terry-Cole

I would have liked to give Luiz the CB spot, even if he is doing a lot of mistakes during games i think he will improve that, but now that we got

Cahill who is more reliable imo this back four looks too promising. Luiz could be great as an RB. In the future he'll come back to the center...

Luiz - Cahill - Terry - Cole

------------------------------------------

Ivanovic forget how to play as cb, his display in that position has been really disappointing, and Luiz got more attacking skills than the serbian.. I would give it a try.