Chelsea and QPR....a real rivalry ?

There was more of a rivalry back in the day not now. QPR like Fulham spent so much time in the lower leagues the rivalry isn't there anymore. For them playing us is a massive deal, for us it's just another game.

Yeah agree.Just seems hard to have a huge rivalry with a team and fans who for quite a while have only met through the odd cup game.Think if they stay up for many many years it'll become big again but at the moment they just seem a meh team...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I think there is a bit of a rivalry but the QPR fans blow things way out of proportion. Our London rivals are Tottenham and yes we want to beat QPR when we play them but not as much as they want to beat us. About 25 years back this was a closer derby but we have moved on since then and particularly after 2003 when Roman came we have far bigger fish to fry than QPR. Having said that, many English Chelsea fans love this due to our proximity to Loftus Road and I would not walk around Shepherds Bush with a Chelsea shirt on

Cant really add to Liquidators excellent analysis- 40+ years ago, yes rivals they had some real stars

such as Terry venables, Gerry Francis, Stan Bowles who was fucking good, and Rodney Marsh

A lot of Rangers fans cling to that

Fulham and QPR are scum of London.I fucking hate both clubs and i always love to see them lose.Fulham are deluded and even thought they were bigger than us before Roman.I consider them one of the smallest clubs in the Premiership.Shit club shit fans and i don't even want to comment Qpr,fucking pub team.

Angry bosnian chill lol.

Yes, there is rivalry but as said previously, they see us as rivals but we don't really care about them. I hate Fulham because they're a shit mid table boring under-ambitious 'family-club' who are just pathetic imo. I'd love them to go down soon but that's my opinion about them as a club, not a rival. Leeds are bigger rivals than them.

I think part of the problem with the game vs QPR is that both the team and the fans didn't really see it as a derby game. Their players and fans did. Lets face it while we'll always have a big rivalry Tottenham, but they'll always hate Arsenal more. If QPR want a proper West London derby with us, lets give it to them. I hope our fans really turn up with they come back to the Bridge later in the season. Lets face it their fans aren't soft like Fulham's and if they stay in the PL, they'll be giving it large everytime we go to Loftus Road. Starting next Saturday. I hope our fans turn up and give it some and our players stand up and are counted.

Can't wait for Saturday. I really fucking hate QPR. Probably as much as I hate Spurs.

I think it's a proper rivalry, everyone in Norwich was saying how much they hate QPR. They're definitely up there for hated teams.

West London is yours, 10 men from Acton, are you fucking sure?

For me it is a rivalry much more than United or Liverpool, apart from when competing with them for trophies they can't be classed as rival for me due to their location. Although I hate Arsenal and Spurs more QPR is a rival to me and i'm buzzing for this game more than United a week later, judging by other match going fans everyone is up for the game on Saturday its going to be a great atmosphere glad the game is away and not at home. For the record this is how I view rival teams:

1.Spurs

2.Arsenal

3.QPR

4.West Ham

I don't class Fulham as a rival because their fans aren't normal football fans they are the modern breed that are destroying the atmosphere inside the stadium.