Roger Johnson

Tomo

With Cahill apparently demanding ridicolous wages why don't we move on and go for this guy? (who i think is a better defender anyway).

I know he is 29 this year but he won't be first choice starter every week but i doubt he will care, he is a lifelong Chelsea fan and even when he was playing for the Bluenoses still came to watch us a few times apparently.

We offer Wolves £8 or so million (which will mean they make a 100% profit) their find it hard to hold on to him especially if Johnson (which i doubt he would turn us down if we came in for him) forces through the move.

A better defender, for only a bit more money, less wages and loves the club.

No brainer for me.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a player supports Chelsea doesn't mean they're good enough to play here. I like Roger but not Chelsea quality IMO.

He's better than Cahill IMO, its not like he will be first choice and he has proven he can hack it against the big boys with MOTM displays against us and Arsenal last term.

IMO they're both pretty equal. If we're looking for other options in the Prem, then we should look at Samba. He might cost a little more (don't know what his contract situation is, but I think we can get him for 10m or 12 at the most) but he is twice the player Cahill is.

Don't think he'd cut it tbh. Already struggling at wolves as he's not playing in that deep line at Birmingham anymore, think about what he'd be like in our defensive line! Doesn't have any pace and is only going to get slower at his age. Plenty other options if we don't get Cahill.

the reason why I prefer players who have our club as their favourite helps because they play with their heart, not for money.

u find their aggression and their commitment for the team is unquestionable.

Don't think he'd cut it tbh. Already struggling at wolves as he's not playing in that deep line at Birmingham anymore, think about what he'd be like in our defensive line! Doesn't have any pace and is only going to get slower at his age. Plenty other options if we don't get Cahill.

This, especially this:

Already struggling at wolves as he's not playing in that deep line at Birmingham anymore.

Peter Crouch supports Chelsea, lets sign him. He'll be better than Torres... :Goober:

''My dad was a massive Chelsea fan and I used to go with him to Stamford Bridge quite regularly but my mates were all QPR fans and so I used to also go to some games at Loftus Road with them. I never really classed myself as a fan of either but since playing for QPR I'd say my allegiance is more towards them. They are the team whose results I look out for. I don't care for Chelsea anymore; there is no allegiance there whatsoever. In fact, seeing as they are our rivals now, I hope they lose every game!''

-------------------------------------------------------------------PETER CROUCH

Source: http://qprreport.blo...-supported.html

I've never really rated him since the 09/10 season, where I felt Dann was actually the far better defender of the two at Birmingham. He's okay, but not as good as Cahill and certainly not Chelsea quality. He's also been awful for Wolves this season in my honest opinion.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You