Squad Assessment

I know a lot will be satisfied today after our win against wolves but i am certainly not , even though before the match i would have taken any result that gives us the 3 points but the truth is we only got the 3 points because we were luckier and not better.

A big question must have been going through your mind while watching our team this season , what do we exactly excel at and what do we lack to have that edge of world-class teams.

Well i know a lot of you are not gonna love this but sadly we excel at NOTHING but lack A LOT of things , we used to be the most physical and powerful team in this universe , but now we hardly show any physical power during games ....

We used to have one of the best defenses all over the world , but now our defensive organization is just abysmal .

We used to win midfield battles but now we lose them against the likes of aston-villa and wigan

So there is nothing really that we still excel at !!

While we lack creativity, pace and clinical finishing as well.

That brings us to the most common question of who do we need to buy to be our savior !!!

Well this is not gonna sound good as well but IMO there will never be an answer to that question as there will never be a savior , the real question is which problem should be addressed first ?

We can solidify our defense which really needs 2 new FBs atm , we can add to our midfield which really struggles because even our best midfielder(Ramires) shouldn't be a starter for a big club that challenges for UCL and EPL or we can add some wingers to add some dimension that is absent since the days of Robben which is trickery.

Addressing only one problem won't make us great again but it will certainly be an improvement , so if / when there are signs of improvement we should be patient because no one should judge AVB with this kind of squad in the first place .

One positive from today's game apart from Torres performance ( I really wasn't that surprised and i always thought he is not that bad ) ,

AVB opted to choose Ramires as a right winger instead of going for Malouda or Kalou and that shows he doesn't think those players are good enough to be in our team and is ready to make changes.

We are in a very bad situation right now with those players and will be like that for some time , and i really won't like to be in AVB's seat but let's hope we can get out of this ASAP with the least possible losses .

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have class players (Luiz, Rami, Danny, Mata) who can lead us into a new era but the cannot do it all on their own. The fact is clear Dider, Lamps, Malouda and to an extreme lesser extent Terry and Cole are not what they were and need to be reduced to squad players.

Yes i know JT has done well this season but we don't want to end up in a Carragher situation in a couple of years time.

Next season we need to build around these players.

Cech/Courtious

Hutchinson/Ivanovic

Luiz

Bertrand

Romeu

Ramires

Mata

Sturridge

Bring in players that suit our TEAM and can play with those players. Get rid of any player that isn't prepared to toe in line and i include Lamps and Didier in that (no player is bigger than this club).

It's a blessing in disguise that we can't attract the "big" names now.

By that I mean we not longer will be forking out £17million for a defender (reference: Bosingwa), but instead we'll find young gems, who are yet to be found by other clubs. We'll finally make low-priced signings and make them part of a long-term spine.

By that I mean we not longer will be forking out £17million for a defender (reference: Bosingwa), but instead we'll find young gems, who are yet to be found by other clubs. We'll finally make low-priced signings and make them part of a long-term spine.

I thought we were on that track with the signings we made in the summer. But now with Cahil signing, I'm not so sure anymore...

I'm sorry, but Ramires is a great player. I know you don't like him because of his lack of technique and creativity in a traditional sense, but there's a significant difference in our performance when he's playing and when he isn't, and it's not just because we are shit at the moment, it's because of the determination and energy he plays with, which is as important as technique and creativity.

But I agree with most other points you've made. At the moment, there isn't a thing that we can say that we are the best at, or even that we are good at.

Ramires wouldn't have started in our "prime" midfield a few years ago, when we were on par with today's Barcelona and Madrid, who he also wouldn't start for right now.

Not taking away anything from him though, great player.

I'd rather buy a young player and give him a chance,if he fails to impress no biggy.If you buy a 50 mill player he must succed.

I personally think our youth needs to be getting more chances and especially when their more senior counterparts are not hitting the heights that we are used to. I dont know how fit Hutch is but its time to get him in this team if hes match fit. Bertrand needs to be allowed to give Ash the break he needs, Josh is too good not to be given a chance when creativity is at an all time low in the middle of the park and thats just to name a few. Im not saying rely on them totally but certainly they should be given a chance and i have complete faith in them. Equally i dont think we should be so quick to dismiss our legends as finished and send them to the transfer window just yet, some could and should be kept but used more sparingly and relied on less and less as the younger players/new signings establish themselves in the team. Also its time our scouting team started picking up some of these south American (just as an example) kids ,that end up being sold into Europe for millions, at an early stage a bit more regularly. Lets stop forking out millions and millions of quid all the time and instead start picking these kids up early and producing them for ourselves

Our best midfield is two box to box midfielders Ramires and Meireles, and a DM Romeu, then we have Lampard who can be summed as an Attacking midfielder. What's the creativity in that???, nothing consistent there either, I've only seen a few good passes from these all season. It's not about throughballs with a creative midfielder though, that's just what comes with one, they bring confidence strong mentality and stretch the opposition they make good passes when there needed when players are in strong positions, that's who we lack.

I'd rather buy a young player and give him a chance,if he fails to impress no biggy.If you buy a 50 mill player he must succed.

Exactly, exactly what I mean.

André has the resources to find these types, a lá Romeu.

Our best midfield is two box to box midfielders Ramires and Meireles, and a DM Romeu, then we have Lampard who can be summed as an Attacking midfielder. What's the creativity in that???, nothing consistent there either, I've only seen a few good passes from these all season. It's not about throughballs with a creative midfielder though, that's just what comes with one, they bring confidence strong mentality and stretch the opposition they make good passes when there needed when players are in strong positions, that's who we lack.

This was epitomised today when we tired to use Ramires as a make shift winger. Too many defensive players.

What Chelsea currently need is a RB, a creative midfielder OR winger and a CF like perhaps Higuain or Soldado.

Then I think we should try to sell Bosingwa, Malouda, Kalou and either sell or send Torres on a loan. Also start giving youngsters like Bertrand and Josh more playtime. And if we're not getting a CF I think Lukaku should be played more because even if Torres is looking better he just doesnt score.

What Chelsea currently need is a RB, a creative midfielder OR winger and a CF like perhaps Higuain or Soldado.

Then I think we should try to sell Bosingwa, Malouda, Kalou and either sell or send Torres on a loan. Also start giving youngsters like Bertrand and Josh more playtime. And if we're not getting a CF I think Lukaku should be played more because even if Torres is looking better he just doesnt score.

Torres can score goals if hes in a team what can pass and cross IMO.

Torres can score goals if hes in a team what can pass and cross IMO.

I know our current team isn't playing the most optimal game to get Torres firing, but considering Drogbas age and that he will also be going to Africa soon we need a CF unless we plan on using Lukaku during that time.