Squad Assessment

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Squad isn't good enough atm imo. Looking at it Players who need rid of OR competition:

Cech,Terry,Lampard,Meirieles,Torres,Drogba,Malouda,Kalou,Boswinga,Cole,Mikel

It leaves holes everywhere in our team. We need a good RB or if Ivanovic is playing there with Cahill and Terry in centre, Cole needs competition

Romeu is fine in DF,

Ramieres is great,

Then we need a replacement for lampard, and a hell of a player in the mould of a snejdar/modric.

We need a goalscorer...Anyone notice we don't have one...AT ALL?? Torres is about as much use right now as a poopy flavoured lollipop. Drogba is hit and miss. That leaves us with Lukaku who isn't ready. And then our bench wouldn't be very scary at all if we got rid of those players.

And i'm still not sold on David Luiz or where he should be played.

Our Squad needs to consist of the following:

Cech/Courtious

Ivanovic/Perriera

Terry/Cahill/Luiz - Ivanovic can cover here.

Cole/Bertrand

Romeu

Ramires/Lampard/Merieles/ 2 New players needed here

Mata/Sturridge/ 2 new strikers needed here

I think this can't happen over Jan, we will patch up some cracks then hopefully make the moves in summer. Damage may already be done by then with no CL.

The only other option I can see is moving mata into a CAM role and hopefully if Essien comes back a beast, we could buy a winger in the mould of Hazard or Hulk, Whatever, with Cavani or similar up top. Still don't know if Mata is strong enough in that role but time could tell.

If we could buy three players in Jan I would hope for Cahill, Hazard, Cavani

That would leave out starting lineup as

-----Cech---

Ivan-----Terry-----Cahill-------Cole

--------------Romeu------------------

------------Essien(if Fit)Ramires------

-----------------Mata---------------------

Sturridge---------Cavani---------Hazard

Bench: Torres,Lampard,Luiz,Essien,Boswinga

Not perfect, but something to build upon. Then again what do I know! :clown:

Ramires > Barry,Carrick,Adam,Song,Parker.

With the exception of Adam, all those players you listed are DM's for their team. Wouldn't it be more fair to compare Ramires to Anderson, Wilshere, Cleverley, Arteta, Modric, and Yaya?

With the exception of Adam, all those players you listed are DM's for their team. Wouldn't it be more fair to compare Ramires to Anderson, Wilshere, Cleverley, Arteta, Modric, and Yaya?

Ok. He's still better than some of those you listed and not far from others.

But my point was that there are starters in top 6 who are not better than Ramires. Barry is the best example.

In that case: Ramires defensively>Wilshere, Cleverly, Arteta, Modric