The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

I don't want Miami to win because of the three peat

I don't want either OKC or LAC to win because Paul +Durant need to go another season ringless

I wanted Pacers to win, but that seems highly unlikely now.

I would be indifferent if Spurs won.

EAST SUCKS....I hope they change the playoff format to top 16.

I don't want Miami to win because of the three peat

I don't want either OKC or LAC to win because Paul +Durant need to go another season ringless

I wanted Pacers to win, but that seems highly unlikely now.

I would be indifferent if Spurs won.

EAST SUCKS....I hope they change the playoff format to top 16.

I don't even want Miami in the Finals. I liked the Warriors. I'd like to see my hometown team Indy win, but Hibbert chose the worst time to disappear. Washington would be nice, but unlikely. I'll go for Portland, i just feel bad for them, so unlucky:/

@Reddish-Blue, It happens, just look at Greg Oden.

Sports medicine has really evolved over the years, but for some there's nothing that can be done. It's cases like him, (Andrew Bynum) that i wish i could follow. Like where does he go from here. Yes he has money, but i know it's not enough to last him the rest of his life based of the way he lives. He will probably get one more shot in the NBA, as long as your 7ft tall, teams will always look your way. As the saying goes, "you can't teach height". It's why people like Jason Collins are still in the league.

Sports medicine has really evolved over the years, but for some there's nothing that can be done. It's cases like him, (Andrew Bynum) that i wish i could follow. Like where does he go from here. Yes he has money, but i know it's not enough to last him the rest of his life based of the way he lives. He will probably get one more shot in the NBA, as long as your 7ft tall, teams will always look your way. As the saying goes, "you can't teach height". It's why people like Jason Collins are still in the league.

Media career. Bill Simmons said yesterday that Bynum is going to do some work for Grantland.

As the saying goes, "you can't teach height". It's why people like Jason Collins are still in the league.

That, and Collins is a good 1-on-1 defender. For some odd reason he matches up best against Dwight.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24553565/andrew-bynum-done-with-pacers-team-announces

Pacers let go of Andrew Bynum...due to knee issues

Such a promising career gone to waste

due to knee issues.. is just a front to his real issue (even though knees was an issue to a degree)

Due to being an unmotivated millionaire is the real reason. Bynum was on the sixers, cavs and now the pacers. If the coaching staff had any ounce of belief in Bynum, they would of kept him.

Jason Colins is in the league because he announce to the world he was gay. It just happen to be a coincidence that the Nets signed him a week after that announcement. His signing was a PR thing, not being a tall thing.

I can understand if he was young, athletic, etc still, but Collins is 35, slow and terrible in basketball.

Bynum was still going to end up the same way as many pro athletes after a few years out of playing professional ball. Doesn't matter if you have a 5 year career to a 10 year, when these guys are burning money like nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okFEZCgE5ag

Does anybody watch nba playoff and has problem with the amount of super soft 3 point fouls and replays.

Yeah,, but NBA is trying to protect the shooters from players coming up under them when they tale shots. The change in policy doesn't help when you have players like Westbrook and Jamal Crawford flinging their legs in the air looking for the call.

And the replay situation has just been dire. My God, the games are being slowed down almost to the pace of a baseball game when it's the 4th qtr and even the most basic calls go to replay. Just gonna have to live with it or maybe change the replay rules next year.

But how about OKC with that W. RW has been playing lights out these past two games, nothing negative to say, back to back games with 10ast and nearly had another Triple-Double. And KD has put in back to back MVP performances, not to mention the play lf Perkins/Ibaka/Stevens. Things have fallen into place, hopefully it continues.