The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Like i told my dad (Heat fan) Game 2 is the most important in this series. If Indy go 2-0 up, things could get tricky for the Heat.

Scared about tomorrow's game, we'll see what happens.

No Ibaka = San Antonio scoring 66 points in the paint and shooting 58 percent from the field

The series will probably finish in 5 or 6 games..

Brooks vs Popovich is an absolutely hilarious matchup. It's like a skinny nerd vs prime Mike Tyson.

That same guy two years ago beat coach pop

4-2, winning 4 straight games after falling into an 0-2 hole. :Goober:

And mind you Scott Brooks has his flaws, one major one in a lack of an offensive system, but the image people try to paint of him being totally inept just boggles my mind.

Like did he not get OKC to an NBA Finals 2 years ago, or was he supposed to fill in when RWB was out with a miniscus tear? Or what about now without Ibaka, we held our own for major streches but we let it go at the end.

I mean come on now, this is just getting ridiculous.

And no its not just directed at you Ainsley Harriot. :)

And mind you Scott Brooks has his flaws, one major one in a lack of an offensive system, but the image people try to paint of him being totally inept just boggles my mind.

Like did he not get OKC to an NBA Finals 2 years ago, or was he supposed to fill in when RWB was out with a miniscus tear? Or what about now without Ibaka, we held our own for major streches but we let it go at the end.

He's not totally inept, I think he's a good coach for a team that doesn't have heavy expectations. Yeah he made it to the Finals in 2012, and has been unlucky with injuries, but that just buys him time... I personally think OKC needs someone better now.

OKC will never win anything with him at helm, write this down.

He's not totally inept, I think he's a good coach for a team that doesn't have heavy expectations. Yeah he made it to the Finals in 2012, and has been unlucky with injuries, but that just buys him time... I personally think OKC needs someone better now.

OKC will never win anything with him at helm, write this down.

He's inept. Thunder advance on pure athleticism. Collison didn't play tonight, why? Pop would have won 3 finals with KD+Westbrook+Ibaka. Vogel, Rivers, and several others.

Thank you for reminding me I hadn't put you on ignore. :yes:

Why do you get mad? Sure they've been unlucky with injuries but their defensive system is simple. Pack the paint, shut off the rim, use length to run back out at 3-point shooters.

Sometimes the system doesn't go right and three or four defenders swarm to the basket when just two would do. That hyper aggression is something Parker will feed off of on pick and rolls to exploit open lanes behind the 3 point line. And with no Ibaka to protect the rim, they're in trouble. Brooks can't adjust. Look what Duncan did tonight, Collison/Adams are no Ibaka and are prone to foul trouble. Spurs in 5 or 6 since the Thunder have an inept coach.

Why do you get mad? Sure they've been unlucky with injuries but their defensive system is simple. Pack the paint, shut off the rim, use length to run back out at 3-point shooters.

Sometimes the system doesn't go right and three or four defenders swarm to the basket when just two would do. That hyper aggression is something Parker will feed off of on pick and rolls to exploit open lanes behind the 3 point line. And with no Ibaka to protect the rim, they're in trouble. Brooks can't adjust. Look what Duncan did tonight, Collison/Adams are no Ibaka and are prone to foul trouble. Spurs in 5 or 6 since the Thunder have an inept coach.

Shook.

That same guy also was bless to have westbrook, ibaka, durant and harden all on the same team.

He's not a good coach nor is Doc Rivers.

NBA DRAFT LOTTERY TONIGHT!

That same guy also was bless to have westbrook, ibaka, durant and harden all on the same team.

He's not a good coach nor is Doc Rivers.

NBA DRAFT LOTTERY TONIGHT!

Rivers is a master motivator and brilliant at in bound plays. He instills confidence and commands respect without being a totalitarian. Hes not a brilliant tactical coach, but hes good enough and those other qualities are much more important.

Remember the season where he got a team full of players on their final contracts to play as a team? Him keeping a starless Magic team at .500 was inspiring and worthy of COY.

Hes gotten overrated as a defensive coach because they weren't his ideas (mostly Thibodeau's) but since he's learned from the best assistant coaches, it doesn't matter.

Wonder who will win the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes !

Rivers is a master motivator and brilliant at in bound plays. He instills confidence and commands respect without being a totalitarian. Hes not a brilliant tactical coach, but hes good enough and those other qualities are much more important.

Remember the season where he got a team full of players on their final contracts to play as a team? Him keeping a starless Magic team at .500 was inspiring and worthy of COY.

Hes gotten overrated as a defensive coach because they weren't his ideas (mostly Thibodeau's) but since he's learned from the best assistant coaches, it doesn't matter.

Wonder who will win the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes !

Rivers sucks.

At Orlando he was garbage.

At Boston he was garbage.

Than, the big 3 came to Boston and he won 1 championship with them....

He took a stack Clipper team and should of lost to the Warriors without their starting center and lost to OKC....

NBA crazy...

Kerr, never coached and failed as a gm in phoenix, yet is the next great coach.

Fisher, never coached and has ditched so many teams in the past, yet he is the next great coach.

Will Pippen be the third????

People are getting blinded by Phil Jackson.

Rivers sucks.

At Orlando he was garbage.

At Boston he was garbage.

Than, the big 3 came to Boston and he won 1 championship with them....

He took a stack Clipper team and should of lost to the Warriors without their starting center and lost to OKC....

At Orlando he was garbage? He took a team that was last to nearly the olayoffs in his first season, then made the playoffs 3 years in a row. He got an aging big 3 and a handful of role players and a green Rondo.

That game vs OKC , the blown call, turned the series around. Without that call, they're up 3-2.

At Orlando he was garbage? He took a team that was last to nearly the olayoffs in his first season, then made the playoffs 3 years in a row. He got an aging big 3 and a handful of role players and a green Rondo.

That game vs OKC , the blown call, turned the series around. Without that call, they're up 3-2.

Magic was 3rd in the Eastern conference the season before Rivers came.....

RIvers was irrelevant until the big 3 assembled.

Clippers beat a team with their inside presence consisting of Draymond Green and David lee and it took them 7 games...

Magic was 3rd in the Eastern conference the season before Rivers came.....

RIvers was irrelevant until the big 3 assembled.

Clippers beat a team with their inside presence consisting of Draymond Green and David lee and it took them 7 games...

In a lockout shortened season, the following season he lost Penny Hardaway and they were projected to be terrible. He lead them to a bear playoff berth. I'm not saying he's a great tactical coach, but he's solid and is a players coach.