Essien returns to the pitch

Wilson

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no news. He suffered a set back of 10 days a couple of weeks ago which postponed his expected return from the start of Jan to it's middle. I doubt he was going to be chosen to play in the ACoN anyways, Ghana does have other players, you know.

It's not that serious, Sky are just being dramatic to get more views.

This is no news. He suffered a set back of 10 days a couple of weeks ago which postponed his expected return from the start of Jan to it's middle.

Yeah! That's exactly what I was thinking.. Wasn't this the expected date for his come back anyway? They've just totally misinterpreted what André said. As usual.

Might be away by the club to stop him going to the ACoN, ghana might have other players but they will pick him if avaliable the last time he went to the ACoN just after injury he done his knee again, might well be the clubs way of preventing lightning striking twice.

This is an overreaction imo. Slight setback, my man.

I thought it was a more significant setback than just a couple of weeks... I was expecting another long-term layoff... I'll read the thread properly before posting next time!

However I do feel that he should be assessed based on the next 12 months in terms of his fitness, and if it doesn't particularly improve then we should cut him loose.

Nevertheless, games like last night are ones crying out for the Bison and his strength and dynamism.

If we are thinking of keeping him past this season, we have to negotiate a decrease in wages. He's probably on 80k a week which comes out to 4 million a season.

And just to make sure - his wages are paid by insurance whenever he's been injured right? Because he's been injured for 3 of the last 4 seasons and if we are the one that have paid him 12 million for doing absolutely nothing then I'd be pissed off. Even more pissed off at this than the fact that we've kept Ferreira.

• 4 weeks later...