Jan Vertonghen

Hamilton

Unfortunately I'm 29 years old... So I'm not part of our golden generation B)!

But indeed we have a lot of talented players these days! And a lot more to follow, I can tell you that!! I will pass through names & info as soon as I discover someone new!

on topic: Vertonghen surely could be a more than decent CB for us! And like you said... we will probably not pay more than 10 Million!

The only two obstacles to bring him in are Tottenham and Arsenal! But I'm sure something can be arranged :chelsea2:!

That would be brilliant then, it usually starts getting risky when your paying over 15 million for a young player. And thank you for giving out info on the players, it's good to see some of the new people from Belgium on here cooperate and also help out, i've seen one on the De Buryne thread always giving out honest opinion and info of his weekly matches which is very good.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be brilliant then, it usually starts getting risky when your paying over 15 million for a young player. And thank you for giving out info on the players, it's good to see some of the new people from Belgium on here cooperate and also help out, i've seen one on the De Buryne thread always giving out honest opinion and info of his weekly matches which is very good.

Cheers! Our pleasure man! Hamilton is indeed also a great local scout of the belgian squad :)!

But in my case you should thank Lukaku to join the Chelsea squad. He brought me (and other belgians) here on the forum. Now if you can arrange that he plays a little more... everybody's happy :)!

Just like Hamilton and the others, I regularly bring updates on the Debruyne, Courtois, Hazard, ... performances of the weekend. So make sure to check their topics from time to time.

Cheers! Our pleasure man! Hamilton is indeed also a great local scout of the belgian squad :)!

But in my case you should thank Lukaku to join the Chelsea squad. He brought me (and other belgians) here on the forum. Now if you can arrange that he plays a little more... everybody's happy :)!

Just like Hamilton and the others, I regularly bring updates on the Debruyne, Courtois, Hazard, ... performances of the weekend. So make sure to check their topics from time to time.

Thank you, i'll make sure to take a look.

• 2 months later...

Belgian media reporting about an upcoming move from Vertonghen Arsenal!

Although Tottenham seemed to be winning the fight for the belgian internatioal CB, it is now Arsenal that would have the cards in hands.

Vertonghen secretly took a visit to the Emirates in last weeks Champions League game against Milan. At Arsenal Vertonghen will be reunited with his buddy Thomas Vermaelen at the CB position.

I'm more concerned about scoring goals and creating chances (ergo, signing wingers and playmakers) than bringing in more defenders.

Always good if the CB's tend to score an average of 8 goals a season I would think :)!

Here's his goal from yesterday!

• 1 month later...

Don't think that we are still watching him, but Vertonghen has been voted best player in Dutch league.

Tottenham has been linked with the Belgian several times last weeks. Ajax Coach Frank De Boer thinks that he need to go to Barcelona, and that he would have no problem in adapting to a higher level..

"Tottenham are absolutely my favourite," Vertonghen told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "[but] the Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in year.

"I trust that both Tottenham and Ajax will put some water in the wine and they will soon reach an agreement."

Vertonghen hoped his departure would not become so drawn out that it affected his reputation with the Ajax supporters.

The 25-year-old referenced goalkeeper Maarten Stekeleburg's move to Roma, which was not completed until August, as an example of how he hoped his departure would not be handled.

"I owe much to Ajax, but I've always given my whole heart and soul to the club," Vertonghen continued.

"My appreciation for the club and the fans is great. It would be terrible if my farewell is marred or distorted because Ajax [are stubborn] with the asking price.

"Of course I want Ajax to gain financially, but the amount that Tottenham want to pay, I think - perhaps with a little extra – is very reasonable.

What a wanker!

Good player particularly for the low price due to his contract situation, and i would prefer to see him move abroad rather than an english rival.

However agree with the general consensus in that we have more pressing areas to strengthen. I'm also happy with Cahill for £7m anyway - struggle to find much better value than that!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You