Chelsea are a bigger Premier League icon than Man-Utd

Term-X

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait wait wait wait! Is that the press actually PRAISING Chelsea ahead of good guys of football Liverpool and United!? Holy shit...nah I'm probably going to awake in a few mins...good night.

I really don't know too much about PL's history but the article has a few very good points. Good to see something like that in the media after a while. It has been always Chelsea this, Chelsea that. Mourinho that, Mourinho this and the media still enjoy using us for their inspiring articles.

Paul Wilson I salute you mate %28Y%29.gif

The whole article is flawed and laughable. And it proved when he mentioned silva as one of EPLs top players along with becks, Gerro, Rooney, Scholes. I had to double check if he missed Lampard.

The only valid point he made was about the premier legues USP.

And then he calls Drogba as premier leagues most iconic star? Sounds like an article written by a biased Chelsea fan.

The whole article is flawed and laughable. And it proved when he mentioned silva as one of EPLs top players along with becks, Gerro, Rooney, Scholes. I had to double check if he missed Lampard.

The only valid point he made was about the premier legues USP.

And then he calls Drogba as premier leagues most iconic star? Sounds like an article written by a biased Chelsea fan.

Screw it, even if he said that we are the best team in the world, it's good to see some Chelsea fans out there. I'm tired of Martin Crapton and his crew slaughtering us week and week out :P

Chelsea's revolution is one of the biggest thing that have happened in the PL so far, but still, I don't see how that alone should make us more iconic than United who have been by far the most successful club in the PL history. Also, Drogba may be one of the few players that stand out, but he certainly isn't THE most outstanding player in the PL so far. He does have a great character, but that's not good enough to put him above Henry, Ronaldo, Torres for Liverpool and Berkamp to pick a few as the PL icon. And the article in general is pretty dull and weak. As I was reading this, I had to keep telling myself that this must be a good article (solely because it was pro-Chelsea) and that in the end this guy will convince me and everyone else that he's right. It's failed to convince me, though, because it has only one good point and the rest of it is just so biased. Like warnie's mentioned, it was probably written by a Chelsea/Drogba fan.

I agree with Wilson , even if he made Drogba a hero by talking about him , honestly I see that super Lampard is the most important player in the history of the chels , without Super Frank I believe that we'll be waiting for more than 50 years to win the league thats what I think and I'm so sure about that .

When Jose came to the bridge he just built the team around Terry and Frank and he succeed , I don't about the other players , cuz on that time we knew that the team without Terry and Frank won't going to be a winner , we saw that so many times when Frank is out the squad for a reason , what am trying to say is that , without Frank Lampard skills we can't win anything we all remember that season when Frank played more than 60 games in one season .

I agree with everything that Wilson said except some points about Drogba and how much we're gonna miss 'em , I'll never miss Drogba only against ARSenal , I don't hate 'em , but I have some hate in my heart cuz we lost the CL cuz of him .

what Mourinho achieved at Chelsea was a story that went round the world and was lapped up in every corner.

God Damn Right ! about the Jose history at the bridge ..

but that's not good enough to put him above Henry, Ronaldo, Torres for Liverpool and Berkamp to pick a few as the PL icon.

Torres for liverpool? Seriously? He had 2 good seasons but won shit, plenty of players like that around... Torres is far from being a PL icon, as things stand, he's firmly on the road to being a flop icon and will probably leave EPL with shame and 0 titles, sadly. Drogba is far ahead of him.

Torres for liverpool? Seriously? He had 2 good seasons but won shit, plenty of players like that around... Torres is far from being a PL icon, as things stand, he's a flop icon and will probably leave EPL with shame and 0 titles, sadly. Drogba is far ahead of him.

His second season was amazing. Some of the stuff he did was glorious as much as it pains me to say it. And he is the biggest name and icon to come out of the Prem in recent years along with Ronaldo, definitely.

having one amazing season doesn't make him an icon in my eyes especially seeing what he's producing now, but that's a matter of opinion... Torres didn't even win the golden boot during his amazing season. I'd rather go with players like Cantona, Henry and Bergkamp over Torres for obvious reasons. And yes I'd rank Drogba over him, definitely.

having one amazing season doesn't make him an icon in my eyes especially seeing what he's producing now, but that's a matter of opinion... I'd rather go with players like Cantona, Henry and Bergkamp over Torres for obvious reasons

I meant icon in the way that he has impacted fans and people that have an interest in football. People in Asia for example which is where I am, were crazy over Torres after that season. Let me put it this way, he's the biggest name to come out of the Prem along with Ronaldo in terms of global appeal. Those you mentioned did more over a longer period of time, but still Torres has become a bigger household name

Ok, I understand, it's true... but I'm trying to look at the perspective of the author and what the author of the article probably meant was an icon of a success story to symbolize what EPL represents... If Torres represents the EPL, then we're in deep s*

having one amazing season doesn't make him an icon in my eyes especially seeing what he's producing now, but that's a matter of opinion... Torres didn't even win the golden boot during his amazing season. I'd rather go with players like Cantona, Henry and Bergkamp over Torres for obvious reasons. And yes I'd rank Drogba over him, definitely.

I didn't say that Torres was an EPL icon or that his achievements in the PL are greater than Drogba's. But he's definitely up there as one of the biggest stars PL's produced, and for a lot of people, Torres is one of the players they think of when they think of the PL. I mentioned Torres as one of the many big names that represent the PL, but I don't think that any one of them stands out more than the others, which is why I don't understand how the author could so easily dismiss all the others and go with Drogba. That's all. Not trying to say Torres is greater than Drogba or anything like that.