Josip Ilicic

Severinb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 millions? seriously? To put in perspective: We paid 23mil for Mata a player who has the assets to be one of the best in the world, 12mil for Meireles a proven midfielder.....Heck, Villa paid 1 million for shay given who is easily one of the best 3 or 4 goal keepers in the PL.

Have we really gotten to a stage where no body values 20 million pounds any more?

20 millions? seriously? To put in perspective: We paid 23mil for Mata a player who has the assets to be one of the best in the world, 12mil for Meireles a proven midfielder.....Heck, Villa paid 1 million for shay given who is easily one of the best 3 or 4 goal keepers in the PL.

Have we really gotten to a stage where no body values 20 million pounds any more?

We paid 50M for Torres, 30M for Sheva.

He was nothing short of amazing last season. This season he hasn't quite lived up to the hype around him, replacing Pastore is no easy task but he has lately been starting to look really good again. Also knowing Zamparini the buy out clause is something crazy like 60 mil.

Meireles not only handed in a transfer request but is also 28, Josip is only 23 so there's a much better chance of selling him again in the future. Given was obviously also a special case as he was not needed at City and lets not forget he is 35, yeah keepers plays a lot longer but that is still a big age for a keeper. Do you btw have a source for the one million for Given? Everything I have seen it has been between 3 and 4 mil.

Mata was however a great fucking piece of business. But it's usually just silly to compare transfer fees, there's so many factors playing in and in the case of Josip I doubt Zamparini will let him go for anything under 20 mil, he sees him as the new great hope of Palermo and as the player to fill the role that Pastore left.

And considering how both signings turned out, doesn't that say something about over-paying for players?

What are you talking about? I only meant that we are ALREADY at a stage where we don't value 20M anymore (seeing how much we spent on the two strikers). That said, I don't think we'll regret too much if we pay 20M for Ilicic.

From what I've seen the buyout clause for Ilicic ranges from £21.5m-£25m. Personally, I think it sounds like a bit much. However, I'm basing my opinion a bunch youtube clips and a handful of Palermo matches in which I've seen him appear. One thing I am sure of though, he certainly has the size for the Prem.

Do you btw have a source for the one million for Given? Everything I have seen it has been between 3 and 4 mil.

Actually the fee was undisclosed, but I remember that it was first rumored to be around 1.5 millions.

But it's usually just silly to compare transfer fees, there's so many factors playing in and in the case of Josip I doubt Zamparini will let him go for anything under 20 mil, he sees him as the new great hope of Palermo and as the player to fill the role that Pastore left.

Well of course he has the right to ask for any price he wants, as I have the right to believe that he is not worth 20 million pounds. Surely we can find a player just as good but with a lower price tag, don't you think?

What are you talking about? I only meant that we are ALREADY at a stage where we don't value 20M anymore (seeing how much we spent on the two strikers). That said, I don't think we'll regret too much if we pay 20M for Ilicic.

And I meant that we ought not to be at stage where we do not value 20M because when you do not care about how much money you are giving players, they tend to not care about how much effort they give in return.

That said, I think we are much less likely to regret paying 8 or 10 millions for a different player who is just as good ilicic.

Well of course he has the right to ask for any price he wants, as I have the right to believe that he is not worth 20 million pounds. Surely we can find a player just as good but with a lower price tag, don't you think?

I don't really see anyone with a lower price tag right now of same quality. Of course a lot can change like a player handing in a transfer request or a club wanting to get rid of a player but right now I don't see any really great attacking midfielders under 20 mil to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You