Sergi Roberto

Severinb

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-eye-FOUR-Barcelona-youngsters-Sergio-Roberto-Martin-Montoya-Marc-Bartra-and-Rafa-Alcantara-article828427.html

Think he would be a great option if we dont get modric he is a creative player and has been great for the barca B team!

AVB has been keen on him for quite some time!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO. No more u20 players. We have enough. We need young players, but players who can step up right away like Mata and Luiz.

Having such a big difference in years with you players is terrible because you can't risk playing an 18 year old but again the 32 year old who is past it won't provide good enough performance.

We don't need him, we've got Josh who's even better.

Yes because Josh can run a three man midfield by himself.

Just because we have Josh, that doesn't mean we don't need any other midfielders.

Barca fans rate Sergi Roberto very highly, even higher then Romeu.

Just because we have Josh, that doesn't mean we don't need any other midfielders.

So true mate when i started the mata topic everybody thought he wasnt worth it and look at them now!

Because we can't even offer Josh the playing time he needs.

Just because they do have a buy-back clause doesn't mean they will go.

Romeu's is for 2years. I really don't see an urge for him to go back in those 2, because of the competition ahead of him. Same with this Roberto guy, a lot of competition ahead of him.

Just because they do have a buy-back clause doesn't mean they will go.

Romeu's is for 2years. I really don't see an urge for him to go back in those 2, because of the competition ahead of him. Same with this Roberto guy, a lot of competition ahead of him.

True dont see barca needing them in the next couple of years!

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle828427.html

Think he would be a great option if we dont get modric he is a creative player and has been great for the barca B team!

AVB has been keen on him for quite some time!

I NEVER believe ANYTHING in the cracked Mirror ,,,not even the date, Today they claim we will offer Lampard to Spurs in order to get Modric

I NEVER believe ANYTHING in the cracked Mirror ,,,not even the date, Today they claim we will offer Lampard to Spurs in order to get Modric

There have been many different sources suggesting that we might go for him...

Would like us to make a cheeky bid for thiago he is not playing that much since fabregas arrived and barca need money!

I will say that Sergi Roberto would be an excellent signing. Its no secret that AVB has great admiration for Barcelona and their attacking philosophy. He seems to want to replicate them in some way, and signing a player like Sergi Roberto would go a long way.

I think in some way he can replicate Romeu success, because of how effortless his transition would be into our midfield. He excel in both things that AVB wants from his midfield. Press while the other team has the ball, and make quick passes. He would have an immediate advantage over our current midfield of Ramires, Meirless, and Lampard because of what he already does best.

Ramires has the pressing part down, but lets just say that his passing and technical skills leaves a lot to be desired.

Meireles passing is decent, but average at pressing.

Lampard has played really well so far, but he doesn't have the legs to play at a high level under AVB, he can't press at a high volume.

So basically i don't anticipate Sergi having much trouble breaking into our starting squad, because he is basically tailored to play in AVB midfield.

Hopefully Sergi sees Romeu success and jumps ship.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You