Rash Decisions

Swoopz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful analysis.

However, I still blame the ref.

It's impossible not to see faults in our own game. The Bosingwa red situation should not have been. The red to Drogba definitely should not have been. A handful of rookie mistakes throughout the game (especially first half). The miss by Anelka that should also not have been. The ref was a puss but I blame us too to be frank.

That is the main problem here at Chelsea. We have significant number of players who seem to be past it (Drogba, Malouda, Kalou-not in age sense, maybe Anelka ). They have important roles in our squad, they are starters ( when needed) or impact subs - who, in the top teams, are as important as starters. (Impact subs are supposed to make the difference or to raise the level of the game of the whole team when needed).

However we expect them to play at the top level. Therefore, it is quite possible that sometimes they play below the expected, make mistakes, or become frustrated with their poor play. After all, it does not matter whether you play for Chelsea .What matters is whether you can deal with it with your abilities and qualities.

About the game, Ref and David Luiz lost it for us. I can't talk about that basta*d.

David Luiz. Soft penalty. I know. However that was unacceptable. I know most refs wouldn't give it, but why to put yourself in that position when it's completely unnecessary ? Especially under those conditions. This match was tough from the very begining. We felt that, and players felt it too. It happens. Sometimes matches are difficult from the start, without reason. The last thing player should do then, is to make things even more difficult. And that is excatly what he did. He must reduce that kind of behaviour when things don't go our way in order to become world class CB for us. He was dedicated afterwards, trying his best to repair damage.

Very nice analysis. I know you should as much as possible not give the ref a descision to make but this is stll a contact sport. For the pen Helgusons 2 arm push on Luiz outside the box is very much as much a foul if not more so that Luiz's body nudge on Helguson. Bosingwa's sending off wasn't even a foul let alone a sending off, if you were to have paused that game at the moment both players fell to the floor and asked everyone what they think will happen next only Chris foy would have said a sending off for Bosingwa, not even SWP thought it was a foul as he was straight up.

No arguments for Drogba, he wasn't having a good game and lost the ball then dived in 2 footed. As a experienced Pro he should have known better, doubly so as we was already down to 10.

So yes, you can look for faults but as AVB has said a number of times, there are so many things you just can;t prepare for, and Chris Foys descisions of the Penalty and Bosingwa's sending off you cannot allow for unless you play as a non-contact sport.

Excellent work mate. I totally agree with the opinions you expressed but allow me to point to another, in my opinion, bad decision by a Chelsea man that affected the match result: AVB's choice to sub Danial and not Drogba. I am totally aware he couldn't have known that DD would make that terrible tackle, but the ivorian was playing one of his worst games in a Chelsea shirt and him staying on makes as much sense to me as Luiz's tackle on Helgueson.

Excellent work mate. I totally agree with the opinions you expressed but allow me to point to another, in my opinion, bad decision by a Chelsea man that affected the match result: AVB's choice to sub Danial and not Drogba. I am totally aware he couldn't have known that DD would make that terrible tackle, but the ivorian was playing one of his worst games in a Chelsea shirt and him staying on makes as much sense to me as Luiz's tackle on Helgueson.

Could totally understand AVB's reasoning. Ideally when playing with less men it helps to have a target man to hold the ball up while you wait for support. That is not Sturridge's game at all. As much as i wanted Sturridge to stay on i can understand the reasoning for the sub that was made.

Could totally understand AVB's reasoning. Ideally when playing with less men it helps to have a target man to hold the ball up while you wait for support. That is not Sturridge's game at all. As much as i wanted Sturridge to stay on i can understand the reasoning for the sub that was made.

Yes I guess that's probably what AVB thought, but I would take a mobile, in-form attacking winger over an inactive target man. With all honesty, we practically started the game with 10 men because DD never got in the game.

Swoopz, is that from your website? Is that your website? I've been following it this season and its a very good read.

Its a blog from a Subreddit I moderate.

reddit.com/r/chelseafc

I've added the blog to my signature so you can all follow up on CareFreeChronic's articles. My apologies for not citing the blog earlier.

Hi, I'm CareFreeChronic, the author and creator of www.carefreechronicles.blogspot.com - a website ran on my own. I don't know Swoopz but he/she seems to have "swooped" in and copied & pasted my post http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/10/pointing-fingers-poor-rash-reactions.html claiming it here as his/her own. I welcome link sharing but this is simply plagiarizing. I'm disappointed that someone feels the need to do this and I'm posting this simply as a clarification.

Hi, I'm CareFreeChronic, the author and creator of www.carefreechronicles.blogspot.com - a website ran on my own. I don't know Swoopz but he/she seems to have "swooped" in and copied & pasted my post http://carefreechron...-reactions.html claiming it here as his/her own. I welcome link sharing but this is simply plagiarizing. I'm disappointed that someone feels the need to do this and I'm posting this simply as a clarification.

Not cool. That's why I asked if it was Carefree's since I remember seeing it there earlier. I remembered the boxes and arrows. It's an informative blog that I enjoy reading. I hope whoever owns it gets the credit they deserve.

Hi, I'm CareFreeChronic, the author and creator of www.carefreechronicles.blogspot.com - a website ran on my own. I don't know Swoopz but he/she seems to have "swooped" in and copied & pasted my post http://carefreechron...-reactions.html claiming it here as his/her own. I welcome link sharing but this is simply plagiarizing. I'm disappointed that someone feels the need to do this and I'm posting this simply as a clarification.

Glad you made this post mate. Your site is always a really great read, and a very good job, every single time, always with superb analysis.

Not cool. That's why I asked if it was Carefree's since I remember seeing it there earlier. I remembered the boxes and arrows. It's an informative blog that I enjoy reading. I hope whoever owns it gets the credit they deserve.

I recognized the boxes and arrows as well. CarefreeChronic is a great blog.

Pathetic on swoopz part.